Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 13:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civved : Kumarakom

Lovely snaps laluks. Kumarakom is in my pending list to visit sometime

I know this place is mainly for good sea food, but How about the food options for strict vegetarians? Do we have pure veg restaurants. Any idea..?
I don't want to starve and enjoy the place

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 14:00   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I know this place is mainly for good sea food, but How about the food options for strict vegetarians? Do we have pure veg restaurants. Any idea..?
The best bet I think is the resort where you stay. That should give you the best option.
Old 15th May 2013, 15:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Lovely snaps laluks. Kumarakom is in my pending list to visit sometime

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The best bet I think is the resort where you stay. That should give you the best option.
I would also suggest the same Ravi. I did not notice any mentioning pure veg, probably people from there can give a hint.

If you take out the "pure" veg restaurant tag, Kerala meals everywhere has a decent spread of veggie items including sambar, curd, some two vegetable side dishes. Morning you get Idlis, dosas with sambar, Puttu with kadala, appam with veg curry/stew in most places. But they also do serve non-veg.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:04   #34
BHPian

Great travelogue and really tempting food photo graphy. You are lucky to have make such trips so often.

Now looking forward more travelogues..
MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Great travelogue and really tempting food photo graphy. You are lucky to have make such trips so often.

Now looking forward more travelogues..
Thanks MaxTorque.
There are two to three travelogues yet to be made
Old 15th May 2013, 16:34   #36
BHPian

After reading this travelelogue, I checked your profile to see what is your profession
:-) I was expecting that you are doing some business, but to my surprise you are not. Then how do you manage to make many road trips..? another question how is your family (especially children) getting used to these road trips..?
MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
After reading this travelelogue, I checked your profile to see what is your profession
:-) I was expecting that you are doing some business, but to my surprise you are not. Then how do you manage to make many road trips..? another question how is your family (especially children) getting used to these road trips..?
Though profession does affect/ influence the plans of vacation, it can always be sorted out. Provided you know how to handle things in the small window both at the place you are going and at the place you will be coming back to

But being a manager does have some advantages
If the kids are used to such beautiful trips from an early age, then I would think it will be difficult to NOT say no to them for another trip! The big advantage of road trips/ train trips and in general traveling is that it is the best teacher and teaches the most essential things that is required in life: Experience!
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:50   #38
BHPian

Hi Lalu Sir,

Great pictures!!! I must say that your composition of photos is really good. I really loved the bird photographs. It has come crisp and clear and the composition also makes the photos look artistic.

Thanks for sharing.
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 17:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, trade secrets cannot be shared
Family is quite supportive and they always look forward for the next drives. The trips kind of breaks the monotonous routine, and we love to wait for the next opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Though profession does affect/ influence the plans of vacation, it can always be sorted out. Provided you know how to handle things in the small window both at the place you are going and at the place you will be coming back to
That's the key, and you nailed it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Hi Lalu Sir,

Great pictures!!! I must say that your composition of photos is really good. I really loved the bird photographs. It has come crisp and clear and the composition also makes the photos look artistic.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks sukhoi30.
Old 15th May 2013, 17:30   #40
BHPian

Dear Laluks,

Great narration and excellent photography. Makes me realize what I am missing even though i live within 50 kms from Kumarakom. Please let me know if you are passing through Muvattupuzha again, we will meet.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 18:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Dear Laluks,

Great narration and excellent photography. Makes me realize what I am missing even though i live within 50 kms from Kumarakom. Please let me know if you are passing through Muvattupuzha again, we will meet.
Thanks S5157, Next time around we will meet up for sure
It was a last minute idea to drive back via Muvattupuzha and Munnar
Old 15th May 2013, 19:13   #42
BHPian

Fantastic travelogue. Good photos .

Allepey is known for house boats, Tapioca and fish curry, toddy and kumarakom for its beautiful scenery and its rich flora and fauna.

Thanks for sharing. So near but yet I haven't been there still

Cheers.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 20:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Fantastic travelogue. Good photos .

Allepey is known for house boats, Tapioca and fish curry, toddy and kumarakom for its beautiful scenery and its rich flora and fauna.

Thanks for sharing. So near but yet I haven't been there still

Cheers.
Thanks Voyageur.
Don't remind me of Kallu, Kappa, Karimeen (Toddy, Tapioca, Pearlspot). I will just take off. I just did not have enough!
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 22:53   #44
BHPian

Hi laluks, great travelogue and superb pictures !
The ones from Kumarakom Toddy parlour is tempting me to drop my laptop and run all the way from Bangalore to Kumarakom, what a spread, yum ! . The house boat cost seems reasonable and looking forward to you sharing the contact number of the guy who runs it. Kumarakom was in my list of must visit places, but was forgotten due to my work schedules, your travelogue is urging me to plan something in immediate future. Thanks
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 00:31   #45
BHPian

Hi Lalu,

Thanks for coming up with this travelogue.Thrilled to see the description of the shappu. And now counting my days to reach Kottayam. A fortnight to go.

How was pathiramanal? Last time, I went there, no one was there. We scrolled the island for half an hour,but couldn't see any birds, leave alone the human beings.

Have you taken any photos of the Thanneer muckam bund?

regards,

bbhavan
bbhavan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks