Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 10:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

While this a car forum, it is eventually a community of people, like any Internet forum. You develop or lose credibility and respect based on what you post. This forum is finally about the personalities and making friends, I have made more friends here than any other forum.

When I saw your comment about 1985, a date so ancient I had to look up your age. When I saw you are my age, I felt a kinship and posted a light comment about it. Can't say it turned out as I expected.

I would have admitted a honest mistake, say like a typo or wrong birth year in the profile, etc. I wouldn't mock somebody for my mistake, if I did I would apologize. But that's me, so I'll let it go. There will be peace.
Old 18th August 2006, 10:51   #17
BHPian

A lovely entertaining and educative travelogue indeed Rahul! The photographs enhanced the experience! Enjoyed every minute and looking forward to more from you!!!
Old 18th August 2006, 12:01   #18

Mine was a non-stop trip from Munnar to Bangalore

Before I bought my ford ikon, I had a Santro Xing XG. In this car, I drove non-stop from Munnar to Bangalore in 10 hours. The car engine started in Munnar and stopped in Electronic City for dinner. I could be crazy!! But it was fun!! I followed the same route as you did but in reverse direction!

-Koul

Kindly do not quote the entire post - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 18th August 2006 at 12:06.
Old 31st August 2006, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
While this a car forum, it is eventually a community of people, like any Internet forum. You develop or lose credibility and respect based on what you post. This forum is finally about the personalities and making friends, I have made more friends here than any other forum.

When I saw your comment about 1985, a date so ancient I had to look up your age. When I saw you are my age, I felt a kinship and posted a light comment about it. Can't say it turned out as I expected.

I would have admitted a honest mistake, say like a typo or wrong birth year in the profile, etc. I wouldn't mock somebody for my mistake, if I did I would apologize. But that's me, so I'll let it go. There will be peace.
though u may not receive a reply from the person who you were directly corresponding with, i think a spat like this communicates to the whole community what the spirit of this forum should ideally be.

i'm impressed that you said 'there will be peace'. educative indeed.
Old 1st September 2006, 08:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

Actually this minor spat did get resolved over the PM. Upon reflection ramkya1 did realise something was odd about this spat and checked his profile, he found out his birth date was off by 10 years. Apparently, his account was created by his teenage son who filled in wrong info in the profile.
Old 1st September 2006, 11:21   #21
BHPian

Oh..and I was expecting a more interesting trun to the spat. Something like graduating from PM to beer mugs and back slapping...

Shalom, it is!
Old 1st September 2006, 11:31   #22
BHPian

My 2 cents regarding the name confusion

Udumalpet ( As it is written on the markers ) is pronounced as

ooo-do-mal-pate-i

mal as in malayalam
pate like fate

Things can get oretty tricky once you enter tirupur
The boards marking directions exist only outside the city. Once you enter, there is no markings what so ever.
Old 1st September 2006, 11:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Things can get oretty tricky once you enter tirupur
The boards marking directions exist only outside the city. Once you enter, there is no markings what so ever.
And you'll know who's responsible
Old 3rd September 2006, 19:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Spat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Actually this minor spat did get resolved over the PM. Upon reflection ramkya1 did realise something was odd about this spat and checked his profile, he found out his birth date was off by 10 years. Apparently, his account was created by his teenage son who filled in wrong info in the profile.
Hai PPL,

Samurai and me got it resolve off line. There just is't enough time to spat on / off line and raise adrinaline; driving is a better alternative.

Many times reading just 1-2 posts without going into the context does create confusions. This was one such case.

When we're pressed for time and are just breezing thro so many messages and posts may be it would be ideal not to post at all !!!!!! Its important to get the perspective of the post before posting anything.

Just my two cents worth on this issue....

--Ramky

----------
Old 17th February 2007, 12:22   #25

Excellent review. I was searching fo travelogue from B'lore to Munnar. Found this article to be of excellent information. Phots's at Pbase is too good!!
Old 17th February 2007, 19:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Not anymore. The pristine atmosphere is crackling with radio waves from at least 3 operators.
I also had been there few weeks back .

Airtel or hutch does not work , when I travelled few weeks back here
only bsnl .

Last edited by black12rr : 17th February 2007 at 19:43.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:26   #27
BHPian

I am leaving to Munnar tomorrow morning and was wondering if anybody could give a "best" route (scenic) to take?? As of now, I was thinking of taking the route suggested by google maps - blore-dharampuri-erode-munnar. Please suggest better route. (This will be the first drive for the Punto 1.3 MJD)

Update: Will be chosing this route after searching the forum again: Bangalore-Hosur-Rayakottai-Palacode-Papparapatti-Pennagaram-Mechari-- Mettur-Ammapettai-Andiyur-Athani-Gobi-Nambiyur-Puliyampatti-Annur- Coimbatore-Pollachi-Udumalpet-chinnar-Marayoor-Munnar-Thekkady

Last edited by ahwajid : 14th May 2010 at 00:34. Reason: change in route
Old 14th May 2010, 05:29   #28
Team-BHP Support

Take the time and tested route as you will find in many many Travelogues out there.

Bangalore-Salem-Perindurai (All in GQ NH7/NH47)
Perindurai-Kangeyam-Dharapuram-Udumalpettai-Munnar.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:56   #29
BANNED

Accommodation Options

Thank you for the route info. We (myself a friend), are planning to go there the next weekend. Can any of you seasoned Munnarers??!!! suggest clean, decent accommodation options with a secure car parking space please...

And yes, any unexplored, places(Unexplored Munnar??!!!) if they exist as well.
Old 17th May 2010, 16:54   #30
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Visited this, thanks to the revival of this thread by ahwajid. When I saw the "Spat" between Ramkya and Samurai, I like went

There are few people in this forum I already consider as friends (even though I've never met them) and I felt like, boy, oh boy, what's all this spat.

Nice to know that elders like them are putting up valuable things for youngsters and not so youngster like me to learn.

Anyway, enough of O.T.

@devnath. Check out another thread on Munnar where Srikanthpotluri has put some amazing snaps of a resort! If I were you, that's the place I'd be staying!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks