Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 14:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Exploring Mahabaleshwar again!

Parsh - trying to nail exact spot of Kate's point and Needle point. Can you review map in satellite mode? Do I have both points perfect?

Lingmala falls - I'm visiting in Jan, much after monsoon, and thought to skip, assuming there wont be any water, or waterfall. Please advise.

Also, very good http://www.mustseeindia.com/Mahabaleshwar-map/map
Old 26th December 2012, 14:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Amit, will try get into the map and edit it soon. The Lingmala and Mandakini waterfalls would be there as the water never dries up but not at the same beauty as they would be in monsoons or immediately after monsoon. In peak monsonns they are the most ferocious and beautiful. Visit there if you got time and want to get its experience anyway. Otherwise, the other points are worth spending lot time at leisure.
Old 30th December 2012, 19:34   #48
M35
BHPian

@Parsh

Excellent Pictures and write up Parsh. I used to be living in Panchgani around 10 years ago. Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar, the best among all the places places I have been to so far.

Especially during monsoons , not many better places than Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani. The mixed culture of people, the fog, the fauna ..makes it unique on own.

Even Wai and Dhom Dam too is not short of life, worth a visit.Thanks for taking me back to those wonderful old days.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hey M35, glad that you liked the log and it revived your wonderful memories. Mahaby is a blissful place and every time it seems to present differently.
Old 24th July 2013, 08:59   #50
BHPian

How is the weather in Mahabaleshwar during August ? I am thinking of making a trip during Ramzan weekend. Is it worthwhile ? Any home-stay recommendations ?

Thanks
Shyam
Old 24th July 2013, 09:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Shyamk, I have not been there during August, but someone who has been may throw some light.

As I understand, the rains would be washing it out during this season and maybe creating blocks, sometimes even bus services come to standstill due to the same. Also as of now, monsoon just hitting this side badly. But if the rains stop and you get clear days that time, I think it will be great time.

What you could do is keep tentative plan and reservations and depending upon how the monsoon is this side that time, firm up on time.

I have no idea about the home-stays there, always go to MTDC.
Old 8th November 2013, 18:41   #52
BHPian

Amazing travelogue. So detailed and so engrossing. And so systematic. Right from the log you have put, to bringing out the minute details, to the beautiful pics, to the helpful hints and advice. Just a small q - for people like me, it is difficult to recount experiences (much less put them down in black and white). So do you jot these down on-the-go and then use these notes for the blog, or simply 'playback' from memory?
Once again - very well written. Makes one feel part of the journey!!
krackr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 21:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackr View Post
Amazing travelogue. So detailed and so engrossing. And so systematic. Right from the log you have put, to bringing out the minute details, to the beautiful pics, to the helpful hints and advice. Just a small q - for people like me, it is difficult to recount experiences (much less put them down in black and white). So do you jot these down on-the-go and then use these notes for the blog, or simply 'playback' from memory?
Once again - very well written. Makes one feel part of the journey!!
Thanks for your kind words. Happy to see you liked it. The travelogues are absolutely play from memory as you ask except for the drive logs which are jotted down on notepad/diary. The pics just bring back the memory of the place and everything with it.
Old 13th January 2015, 02:35   #54
BHPian

We're a group of 7 riding to Mahabaleshwar. We plan to camp somewhere and have our own tents and other equipment. The plan is to reach on the 24th of Jan. What spots would you guys suggest to set up camp? A google maps link to the location would be very helpful.
Old 14th January 2015, 09:48   #55
BHPian

arjun18@, on camping spots, last time I was hiking, and a local told me forest dept is extremely strict and jails campers, because they leave big mess of plastic and bottles. Unfortunately this stance also affects good, conscientious, campers. Checking with them when you reach is good idea, though I dont know their location. The police station is in main bazaar. Detailed map has 1 camping location near Lake, beautiful view, though it might get cold close to water. Camping near babbington point also good, not touristy, and great valley view.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:51   #56
BHPian

On my recent trip, I found this excellent Mahabaleshwar map which I'm sharing here. It's got all important activities. Also, for new travelers, in these maps when something's highlighted prominently, or described elaborately, it's likely more attractive than other items on map.
amitsingh08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks