Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 15:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur

Fantastic Pics & Travelogue Poorna Sir! Almost immediately makes you want to shut your computer and head out to the greens! Thanks for the contact details in the post too, as the website only mentions the Vaparai location(although I don't know when I'll be able to visit-960+kms one way from Mumbai!) !
(y)
Old 11th February 2013, 23:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghunandanj View Post
Poorna Sir

I'm planning to visit Kadamane and 5 acres soon, so had a quick question for you, as follows:

1. Is the place 5 acres within the estate private property or on public land ? I would like to know if it is possible to get to that place without having to stay in the estate ?

2. Do we need a guide of sorts to get to 5 acres , or is it pretty straightforward to find our way out there ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Raghu,

5 Acres is part of the estate. You can definitely visit the place and check if you can come for Lunch. But I doubt. You can stay for a night and it is not very expensive. they have renovated the bungalow and the rooms in the bungalow is very spacious and nice and cost you less.

You don't need any guide but it is inside the estate property. It is advisable to take a man from the estate - which you will get - when you stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Fantastic Pics & Travelogue Poorna Sir! Almost immediately makes you want to shut your computer and head out to the greens! Thanks for the contact details in the post too, as the website only mentions the Vaparai location(although I don't know when I'll be able to visit-960+kms one way from Mumbai!) !
(y)
Thanks Paras. Yes. It s a beautiful place.
Old 12th February 2013, 12:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Raghu,

5 Acres is part of the estate. You can definitely visit the place and check if you can come for Lunch. But I doubt. You can stay for a night and it is not very expensive.
Just read your Drivologue, Fauji. One word, Amazing!
Now for the questions: I have two daughters, ages 4.4 and 1.5. Would you advise this is a relatively 'safe' place for children of their age?
Would they charge extra for daughter 1?
Only vegetarian food?
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th February 2013, 15:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Just read your Drivologue, Fauji. One word, Amazing!
Now for the questions: I have two daughters, ages 4.4 and 1.5. Would you advise this is a relatively 'safe' place for children of their age?
Would they charge extra for daughter 1?
Only vegetarian food?
Thanks in advance.
It is absolutely safe and there is no issue at all. I don't think they will charge for any of your two kids as they are small. The bungalow is now renovated and looks lovely. We went there last week. Possibly one of the largest tea bungalows. The rooms inside the bungalow is well done and spacious. You have options of choosing independent cottage, twin cottage or rooms in the bungalow. All have different tariff. Tariff includes breakfast and meals. The food is both veg and non-veg. You can give your preference.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 15:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is absolutely safe and there is no issue at all. I don't think they will charge for any of your two kids as they are small. The bungalow is now renovated and looks lovely. We went there last week. Possibly one of the largest tea bungalows. The rooms inside the bungalow is well done and spacious. You have options of choosing independent cottage, twin cottage or rooms in the bungalow. All have different tariff. Tariff includes breakfast and meals. The food is both veg and non-veg. You can give your preference.
Dumb question I know,but do the rooms have individual television sets
Old 12th February 2013, 16:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Dumb question I know,but do the rooms have individual television sets
NO TVs in the room. It is in the ante room in the bungalow.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

I mentioned in the previous post that the Bungalow has been renovated and looks lovely . Here are some pictures.

The main portico

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-1.jpg

The right wing of the bungalow

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-5.jpg

The corridors

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-2.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-7.jpg

Relaxed seating in the patio

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-3.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-4.jpg

The ante room/living room - only place where you have TV.

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-12.jpg

The bar - they haven't got the licence yet. Take your own stuff.

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-11.jpg

The dining hall

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-10.jpg

The new rooms in the bungalow - Very spacious

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-8.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-9.jpg

Dore Gundi - A pristine pond where you can have your picnic lunch

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-14.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-13.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-15.jpg

This is the water fall to which you can trek

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-6.jpg

If you are lucky, you can spot these animals too.....
Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-kadamane-16.jpg
Fauji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 17:07   #38
BHPian

Hi, Thanks for the detailed photographs. Booked for two in main bungalow for next week end 23/24.

Ram.
Old 14th February 2013, 20:10   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I mentioned in the previous post that the Bungalow has been renovated and looks lovely . Here are some pictures.

The main portico
Absolutely beautiful! Did you go there once again? The pond looks amazing and so are the animals! Was it close to the property ?
Old 15th February 2013, 10:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Hi, Thanks for the detailed photographs. Booked for two in main bungalow for next week end 23/24.

Ram.
Thanks Ram. Enjoy your stay If you are a tea drinker, Don't forget to pick up some good tea there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Absolutely beautiful! Did you go there once again? The pond looks amazing and so are the animals! Was it close to the property ?
Thanks Ampere. Yes, we stopped over while driving to Mangalore last week. The pond is lovely and it is close to the property and you can drive to it as you can see the Jeep in the picture. So must be the trek, which we haven't done. The picture of the animals were shared by Radhika Cariappa who manages the Bungalow.

Visitors are advised not to venture out for walks in the night as there may be chance of elephants moving around in the area. You can actually see lot of posters on the way to Kadamane asking drivers to be aware of elephants especially at night.
Old 9th June 2013, 17:06   #41
PVS
BHPian

Fauji/anyone else who's been to Kadamane, could you please let me know how to book accommodation at Kadamane, and will it be worthwhile to go there in July/August?
Old 13th June 2013, 15:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Fauji/anyone else who's been to Kadamane, could you please let me know how to book accommodation at Kadamane, and will it be worthwhile to go there in July/August?
Vinod - Vindywheels - has been there too. You can book the accommodation by talking to Radhika Cariappa on this number - 9481925930

July will be raining cats and dogs. Late August is better bet. But if you really want to experience Malnad rains go in July. Before going please check whether they will be operational in July as many places in Sakleshpur do not operate in June/July due to heavy rains.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 19:56   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Fauji - have you been here recently. Planning to go there during the 15th aug weekend hence wanted to check if the place is still recommended. How is the road condition from Sakleshpur to Kadamane? Do you need a 4 wheel drive to get to 5 Acres? I would love to take my tank to 5 acres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks