Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:14   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan - Padharo Mhare Des

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi lauks, another excellent travelogue. Enjoyed every bit of it. Hope you guys bought some Jaipuri rajai's.

I now await your next one.. "Zindagi main aa rahaa hoon" .. ha ha do not worry, not about to spill the beans here but only if you post it ASAP
Thanks Khoj.
Already at the Capital since yesterday night...

Musafir huun yaaron....
Old 23rd September 2012, 02:27   #332
Senior - BHPian

^^ Logged in just now and saw your post. Also was on video call with HVK earlier and learnt that the team reached just in time for the aarti. What took you guys that long to get there, I thought you were scheduled to leave the city by 10.00 am and it is a 6 hour drive at best.
Old 1st October 2012, 02:42   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
^^ Logged in just now and saw your post. Also was on video call with HVK earlier and learnt that the team reached just in time for the aarti. What took you guys that long to get there, I thought you were scheduled to leave the city by 10.00 am and it is a 6 hour drive at best.
Was a slow drive with a 7 car convoy and 26 people - you know the maths
Old 1st October 2012, 23:47   #334
Senior - BHPian

Yes,indeed I do. Come to think of it I know the chemistry too! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Was a slow drive with a 7 car convoy and 26 people - you know the maths
Old 4th November 2013, 10:29   #335
BHPian

Am posting this on this thread, and not anywhere else, as this is a biblical thread for all who are planning a Rajasthan trip. If you are planning a Rajasthan trip ignore this thread at your peril.

In Jaipur, Hotel Arya is a very satisfying choice for stay. Barely three km from railway station. Even then in an oasis of its own. Neat and clean. Charge only 50% if you vacate the rooms by 1800 PM. Overall very good.

In Udaipur, we stayed in Hotel Aashiya Haveli. A family managed and a well looked after property. Barely 200 m from city palace. Offers a beautiful view of the glorious Lake Pichola. No elaborate restaurant though. Only breakfast is available. On confirmed order only. Recommend it wholeheartedly.

The only disappointing part of the trip was a visit to Haldighati. Not worth the trouble.

One more thing about Udaipur. A boating trip in the glorious Lake Pichola is highly recommended. For this one has two options. Either take the ride organised by the city palace authorities or take a ride with local operators.

In the first option one pays INR 370.00 to 700.00 per person, depending on the time. Charge is higher in evenings. During the ride one is also taken for a half an hour stopover at Hotel Jagmandir situated on an island in the glorious Lake Pichola.

In the second option one pays INR 100.00 per person flat. No visit to Hotel Jagmandir though.

On the first day I first took the first option as I was not aware about the second option. On second day I took the second ride in the evening. The evening ride was a marvellous experience indeed. The sunset and its glow on the palace buildings was heavenly. I recommend option 2 for all.

Last edited by skdking : 4th November 2013 at 10:54.
skdking is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks