Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 10:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Life in Jungles of Kabini - April 2011

Awesome photos! thanks for sharing. The composition of tusker shot is too good!
Old 27th April 2011, 10:44   #17
BHPian

Awesome Pics Vinay, thanks for sharing. Loved the leopard shots. Does one have to wait a very long time ti spot the wildlife here?

Moar Pics please

Last edited by motorpsycho : 27th April 2011 at 10:46.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:47   #18
BHPian

Awesome. Lucky guys to sight Leapords.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:10   #19
BHPian

Amazing pictures!
You have been so lucky to have had such good sightings of the leapord. In all my years of visiting the jungles I have never seen one. It would be nice to see more pictures of the leapord.
Regards
Old 27th April 2011, 14:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

You are Lucky Vinay to spot the leapord. It looks picture perfect! The pictures have come out really nice. Yes, Kabini is a great place. But i feel it is becoming overcrowded which is a bad news.

Any more pics coming through?
Old 27th April 2011, 15:45   #21
BHPian

Beautiful shots of the leopard!!! Loved them!!!
Old 27th April 2011, 17:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Very inviting pics. I guys the part of Kabini we had been to during our teambhp trip last year, was not even the tip of the iceberg. This is beautiful

As for the tiger paw, that looks huge, but for perspective, it is generally good to put a coin, pen, bottle or even ones hand next to it, to show the difference ;-)

Great pics again
Old 28th April 2011, 11:10   #23
BHPian

Thanks everyone. I feel Kabini is one of the best place to take wildlife pics as you have lot many good subject & even good light to take some really good pics, even for a amateur like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Beautiful. I have lived around nagarhole all my life and sad to say have never seen a tiger or leopard all my life. Was lucky to be chased by a couple of elephants, saw a dhol, have seen the footprint of a gaur in my estate(that one is massive)

Love your pictures. Kabini is on my list and soon.
@Maddy42: Thanks for your words. I feel you are really lucky to stay around Nagarhole as it is a very beautiful place. Sighting a Tiger or Leopard is a matter of luck & you can see them only when they want to. I have friends who are going to jungles for last 10 yrs & yet to see the Tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Lovely pictures of the leopard. Would love to see the pictures of the leopard doing the clean up. These cats keep themselves amazingly clean even without taking bath daily .

Bring em on.
@nkrishnap: Thanks. I have more than 100+ pictures of Leopard doing cleanup. But its tough to load all. I have uploaded few of them in flickr but I am not sure whether I can post that link here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
excellent. You are really lucky to spot those buddy...
@mjothi: Thanks for your words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Wonderful pics Vinay. Very lucky to spot the cub! And the peacock, just wow!
The river side view is awesome as well.
@figo_united Thanks, well infact I felt the picture of peacock was not as good as it should be. My friend has taken the pic of peacock & it has come out very beautiful, better than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Extremely sharp shots. Was it a Canon 100-400? What body?

I guess i will probably visit Kabini, post - Monsoons. Thanks for the info.
@bikxsans660: I am using a Canon 400D with 100-400mm lens. Kabini, during & after rain are best to take some beautiful pictures. Very good light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Awesome images of the leopard considering the situation and light..love the 4th oneI believe the 100-400 is 5.6 at 400 so the only option to get a decent SS is to bump up the ISO..then again if you are on a prosumer body then you really cant go beyond 400 ISO unless you are good at noise reduction in PP
Brilliant effort overall under the circumstances
@robimahanta: Thanks, You are right about noise. I have taken most of the pics with ISO 400. I was using a camera bean bag with exposure of -2 which gave me enough shutter speed to take the shot of the leopard. ISO 800 & 1600 have some noise which required cleanup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Amazing pictures... no words to appreciate the beauty of it.
Post more pictures and wish u good luck to see the jungle beauty in your next visit

-Ravi
@ravib: Thanks, hope to see some more jungle beauties in my next visit. Will definitely post pics of my next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Brilliant shots there, Vinay. Loved the Tusker #2 and leopard shots particularly. And your pics have captured well the magical mood of a rainy summer day.
@pjay_in: Yes, rains gave me the best I wanted for this pics. It came out beautifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Vinay,
Nice captures of the animals and habitat.
The leopard just went on posing for you.
Regards,
@fazalaliadil: Thanks Fazal Sir, The Lady Leopard was very cooperative. She was not at all disturbed with all those bazooka's & lens pointing towards her. She was sitting & enjoying the rain. Infact our gypsy got stuck in mud near to her & all those gypsy sound didn't disturbed her at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Awesome photos! thanks for sharing. The composition of tusker shot is too good!
@Kvish: Thank you Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Awesome Pics Vinay, thanks for sharing. Loved the leopard shots. Does one have to wait a very long time ti spot the wildlife here?

Moar Pics please
@motorpsycho: Thanks, spotting leopard or tiger is pure matter of luck. For me, we followed the tiger/leopard alarm for 2 days & were unlucky. Only third day, I was successful to spot this lady. But normal wildlife, you can easily spot. I would suggest, just go & enjoy the jungle. Wildlife will come & meet you whenever they are free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Awesome. Lucky guys to sight Leapords.
@Subrat Seet: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coooolcat21 View Post
Amazing pictures!
You have been so lucky to have had such good sightings of the leapord. In all my years of visiting the jungles I have never seen one. It would be nice to see more pictures of the leapord.
Regards
@Coooolcat21: Thanks, well most of pics of leopard are same with her doing her cleanup. I have posted few of them in flickr, but not sure I can post tat link here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
You are Lucky Vinay to spot the leapord. It looks picture perfect! The pictures have come out really nice. Yes, Kabini is a great place. But i feel it is becoming overcrowded which is a bad news.

Any more pics coming through?
@Fauji: Thanks, You are absolutely right. Kabini is getting crowded especially this time. But one thing is: the number of vehicle going inside for safari are limited & that too for 4 hrs a day (2 hrs in morning & 2 hrs in evening). So, it is not as commercial as it is at other place.
Recently, I came across so many pictures of road kill in Bandipur & Kabini. I think, the road through jungles actually creates more disturbance to the wildlife. Just my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Beautiful shots of the leopard!!! Loved them!!!
@Wolfheart: Thanks Wolfheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Very inviting pics. I guys the part of Kabini we had been to during our teambhp trip last year, was not even the tip of the iceberg. This is beautiful

As for the tiger paw, that looks huge, but for perspective, it is generally good to put a coin, pen, bottle or even ones hand next to it, to show the difference ;-)

Great pics again
@thedreamcatcher: Thanks, I was carrying a 100-400mm lens and as you know you cannot get down from your safari vehicle inside jungle. I thought of putting my lens cap next to it but my naturalist didn't allowed me to do that. Also, we were following an alarm call of Sambar Deer that time, so had to rush.
Old 28th April 2011, 15:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Vinayji - that was a great set of photos. Generally leopards seem more friendly to you - your previous TL also had leopard photos if am right.
Since you regularly go to Kabini, it would be great if you had a running travelogue on Kabini with regular updates
Old 29th April 2011, 01:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics brother.

BTW does anyone else think that this poor guy's tail has been played around with? or the shape's entirely natural?
Attached Thumbnails
Life in Jungles of Kabini - April 2011-20110419-life-jungles-kabini_0021.jpg  

Last edited by Jayabusa : 29th April 2011 at 01:05.
Old 29th April 2011, 02:16   #26
BANNED

Awesome pics Vinay. In our trips to Kabini Jungle lodges, we have not seen the pug mark or the leopard. Tons of alarm calls though . You must consider yourself lucky. I have a friend who has been to Kabini 6 times - still not seen the elusive tiger.
Old 30th April 2011, 07:16   #27
BHPian

Awesome pictures and talks a lot about your love for the wild life. It seems Tusker#3 at Tiger Tank waterhole has a bad tooth (tusk) or may be the ivory poachers.
Old 30th April 2011, 09:51   #28
BHPian

the last but 2 snap of the leopard is just magnificient. The feel of the snap is perfect. thanks.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Awesome pics Vinay. In our trips to Kabini Jungle lodges, we have not seen the pug mark or the leopard. Tons of alarm calls though . You must consider yourself lucky. I have a friend who has been to Kabini 6 times - still not seen the elusive tiger.
@Prasadee: Thanks, yes I am lucky but this time my luck turned on only after 4 safaris. The night before our safari, it was raining very badly, so we got that tiger pug-mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Vinayji - that was a great set of photos. Generally leopards seem more friendly to you - your previous TL also had leopard photos if am right.
Since you regularly go to Kabini, it would be great if you had a running travelogue on Kabini with regular updates
@mallumowgli: Thanks, well I am not as lucky as few other photographers of bangalore. Next time, I will make sure not to start a new travelogue and will update the existing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Awesome pics brother.

BTW does anyone else think that this poor guy's tail has been played around with? or the shape's entirely natural?
@Jayabusa: I noticed only when you mentioned. Thanks. I will check with known people in JLR to know the reason of that. This guy was alone and was tensed, and charged on our vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj3bDog View Post
Awesome pictures and talks a lot about your love for the wild life. It seems Tusker#3 at Tiger Tank waterhole has a bad tooth (tusk) or may be the ivory poachers.
@Cj3bDog: Thanks for the comments. I was told that Tusker#3 broke his tusk in a fight.
See his side profile
Life in Jungles of Kabini - April 2011-20110419-life-jungles-kabini_0284.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
the last but 2 snap of the leopard is just magnificient. The feel of the snap is perfect. thanks.
@manolin: Thanks for your words.
vinay.pillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Vinay - Great snaps, Feeling sorry for not joining. Lets go tiger hunting soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks