Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 16:10   #91
BHPian

Some Unknown VolksWagen Sedan Testing?

Spotted this VW sedan yesterday evening in Mumbai.

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-15062011.jpg

Model name (text) is covered with some kind of tape. I could read 'bluemotion' written at the bottom of the covered text on the right.

Doesn't look to be a Jetta from the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-dsc_0047.jpg

Note from Support: Since the Passat has already been launched in India some months back merging it with existing thread. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th June 2011 at 17:04. Reason: Note added
Old 16th June 2011, 17:11   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat

This car could be a brand new car being shipped to dealership. All new Skoda cars(not sure about VW) when shipped from factory to dealerships come with white tape on badges to prevent any damage to them, there have been instances where such cars headed to dealerships were mistaken as cars being tested by the company.

Or it can be the expected 1.8 TSi being tested. The registration number can reveal more details.

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th June 2011 at 17:12.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:24   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
This car could be a brand new car being shipped to dealership. All new Skoda cars(not sure about VW) when shipped from factory to dealerships come with white tape on badges to prevent any damage to them, there have been instances where such cars headed to dealerships were mistaken as cars being tested by the company.

Or it can be the expected 1.8 TSi being tested. The registration number can reveal more details.
Hey Anshuman, I don't think this is a brand new car (w/o registration). Its with proper registration number. It maybe a TSi as you said.

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-150620111.jpg

Last edited by prateek99 : 16th June 2011 at 17:25.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:09   #94
Team-BHP Support

Judging by the wheels, it could be the latest base variant which is not released as yet
Old 4th July 2011, 11:19   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Any dates for the launch of Passat trendline variant and features to be dropped in this base model?
Old 26th July 2011, 20:01   #96
Team-BHP Support

Wasn't VW planning to launch the Passat CC as well? Whatever happened to that? Is that no longer on the cards?
Old 27th July 2011, 13:32   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Paid a brief visit to the VW showroom today and here is the price list in Bangalore:
Name:  Picture 8.png
Views: 9239
Size:  321.3 KB

Comments:

1. Looks good in flesh, very good finish and elegant design
2. Felt good sitting in the back seat, had good support (just in the showroom)
3. Highline with black-only interiors is a deal breaker for my family.
4. An overdose of brushed-aluminium-ish panels on the center console looked bad when combined with black interiors.
5. Comfortline has xenons, LEDs, and sunroof. Good. But only backrest incline and lumbar are electric. Rake and hight are mechanical. Not cool at nearly 30L OTR price in B'lore!
6. Way too much chrome in the fog-lamp area - I doubt the finish will last

Overall, I did not feel like making an immediate booking.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:27   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprisingly the new VW Passat's sales are dipping, last month even the Honda Accord(84) sold in better numbers than the Passat(61). Skoda Superb(231) still is the best selling car in the segment by a big margin. I feel the Passat deserves better numbers

Who do we blame for this? The arrogant staff at VW dealerships or the Conservative styling or the higher pricing. I think it is not fair to blame VW to blame for not marketing the car properly, i have seen more Passat advertisements than both Accord and Superb combined(or is it just me?).
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:42   #99
Team-BHP Support

I have seen only 1 Passat in Bangalore since I tested it. In contrast, when the Superb and Accrod released, you would see one at least thrice a week initially. Heck, I even see new Honda Accords!.

Having seen plenty of new Passats on UK roads, in another contxt, it frankly looks quite frumpy compared to the Mondeo and similar. The station wagon is an improvment. (Those are much more popular!)
Old 31st August 2011, 18:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have seen only 1 Passat in Bangalore since I tested it. In contrast, when the Superb and Accrod released, you would see one at least thrice a week initially. Heck, I even see new Honda Accords!.

Having seen plenty of new Passats on UK roads, in another contxt, it frankly looks quite frumpy compared to the Mondeo and similar. The station wagon is an improvment. (Those are much more popular!)

Surprising lack of interest on this thread too!! I guess VW has priced it too close to C/3/A4 territory. The car is well loaded no doubt, and anyday a better buy than the entry level german trio, but somehow people seem to have a mind block for spending so much on a VW.

Shame on the all black interiors of the Highline, a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by JayD : 31st August 2011 at 18:53.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

My neighbor replaced his last generation Accord with new Passat, same colour as review car on first page.
Old 17th October 2011, 06:41   #102
BHPian

Test drove both the Passat Highline as well as the Superb 2.0 Tdi CR. its actually hard to select one.Does a 2 lakh rupee difference have any justification between the comfortline and the highline.? Please advise seniors.planning to book the car in a weeks time.
Old 17th October 2011, 08:20   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Audi A4
Why would I spend approximately 5 lakhs more for a smaller car, 30 PS less power, an inferior CVT transmission and less equipment? Well, it looks good, comes in red and the Audi badge. Thats it! Oh, and you don't have to rub shoulders with simple Polo men during service.
[/i]
@ajmat
What would you say when compared to A4 business edition? It is ~31L OTR in Bangalore and includes secure insurance and 2yrs extended warranty. Passat highline sticker price is 32.2L OTR in Bangalore and doesn't include secure insurance and extended warranty?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ptember-4.html
Old 17th October 2011, 08:46   #104
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review ajmat. How well does the automatic parking assistant work for this vehicle? Heard its pretty good.
Old 17th October 2011, 08:56   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
@ajmat
What would you say when compared to A4 business edition? It is ~31L OTR in Bangalore and includes secure insurance and 2yrs extended warranty. Passat highline sticker price is 32.2L OTR in Bangalore and doesn't include secure insurance and extended warranty?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ptember-4.html
Better drive train and more equipment although brand image is not as good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Thanks for the detailed review ajmat. How well does the automatic parking assistant work for this vehicle? Heard its pretty good.
It is pretty neat but it may not alway detect things like open drains, plants, people sleeping on pavement etc. Great for malls!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks