Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 12:18   #466

re: Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Hello Capt.

Please see my replies above, in bold text. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Dear fordfreak
Kind of you for taking out time for responding.

Yes Checked MID - No Bluetooth
Yes Checked Stalk - No cruise Control
I still can not figure out the headlight model i.e. H4 or H7 or ?

Thanks to please assist me.

Regards

Capt Tej Singh
Old 19th May 2017, 13:30   #467
BHPian

Hello

I also own the 2012 highline model , I bought it 2nd hand. There are a couple of changes compared to the 2011 Highline model

- It has 2 positions seat memory for the driver (2011 model had 3 positions). The extra button is the seat massager, not in 2011 model

- The Air-con controls are different though the functionality remains the same - Automatic dual zone climatic control, seat heaters etc are there

- It doesn't have bluetooth module as you observed. According to VW, it is not possible to fix Bluetooth module to this 2012 model - the Phone button on the HU simply mutes the volume. You either have to upgrade to RNS510 at Rs.25K above or go with a bluetooth car adaptor - I have Jabra Freeway (excellent choice)

- Cruise control stalk is present in the LHS side. there are 2 positions for the stalk. If it is pushed down, cruise control is disabled. To enable it, you have to bring it forward and then set the speed using the button on the side of the stalk.

- For tyres, I went with the advice from Fordfreak - Same upsize, same Yokahoma DB Decibel - Happy with the choice

Hope this helps
Old 22nd May 2017, 14:49   #468
BHPian

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the cool Delhi weather.

I too have been contemplating about upgrading my bulbs or simply changing them. They aren't what they used to be and I'm tired of my friends and family mocking me all the time. My wife says that my car has candles instead of headlights and I don't disagree with her, they really are very weak.

So before I head out to eBay and order a new set of bulbs, can someone please confirm if the 2011 Passat Comfort line comes with D3S or D1S bulbs. My headlights have DRLs, adaptive beams, etc.

Once again thanks for all your help.

Best
EP
Old 26th May 2017, 13:34   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Hello

I also own the 2012 highline model , I bought it 2nd hand. There are a couple of changes compared to the 2011 Highline model

- It doesn't have bluetooth module as you observed. According to VW, it is not possible to fix Bluetooth module to this 2012 model - the Phone button on the HU simply mutes the volume. You either have to upgrade to RNS510 at Rs.25K above or go with a bluetooth car adaptor - I have Jabra Freeway (excellent choice)
I too have a 2012 model, manufactured in April 2012.

The Highline has the Bluetooth module. I am able to connect my phone to the Head Unit as well as play music from the my iPhone via Bluetooth (the song & artist also show on the display)

Recently, i tried streaming music from RadioTunes in the car via bluetooth, please to say that the Head Unit showed the artist & song.

Can anyone advise me on a battery change? My battery needs a replacement. OEM Battery (Exide) is 15k, whereas an Amaron (which I blindly trust) is 8.5k.
Old 28th May 2017, 23:52   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I too have a 2012 model, manufactured in April 2012.

The Highline has the Bluetooth module. I am able to connect my phone to the Head Unit as well as play music from the my iPhone via Bluetooth (the song & artist also show on the display)

Recently, i tried streaming music from RadioTunes in the car via bluetooth, please to say that the Head Unit showed the artist & song.

Can anyone advise me on a battery change? My battery needs a replacement. OEM Battery (Exide) is 15k, whereas an Amaron (which I blindly trust) is 8.5k.
Hi Rpunwani

Around an year back, when it was time to change my Passat's battery, I decided to go for an Exide Matrix instead of another Varta AGM (which wasn't in stock at the dealership and costs quite a lot as well).
Haven't had any problems with the Exide since that day even with Auto start/stop enabled.

My original car battery lasted 4 years and 11 months. It didn't feel right, investing in another Varta because I don't plan to keep this car for another 5 years and that's just poor ROI.

EP
exhaustpipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 11:58   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustpipe View Post
Hi Rpunwani

Around an year back, when it was time to change my Passat's battery, I decided to go for an Exide Matrix instead of another Varta AGM (which wasn't in stock at the dealership and costs quite a lot as well).
Haven't had any problems with the Exide since that day even with Auto start/stop enabled.

My original car battery lasted 4 years and 11 months. It didn't feel right, investing in another Varta because I don't plan to keep this car for another 5 years and that's just poor ROI.

EP
Just feels criminal to spend 15k on a battery at the VW Service Centre as compared to 9k for an Amaron Battery.

Did you get the battery replaced at VW or privately?
Old 13th June 2017, 14:03   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Just feels criminal to spend 15k on a battery at the VW Service Centre as compared to 9k for an Amaron Battery.

Did you get the battery replaced at VW or privately?
Hi

I got it replaced at home. Some bloke from a local battery shop came with the new battery in tow. It was a plain 2 min disconnect and reconnect job. Furthermore, he bought the old battery for 1200 inr.

Best
EP
exhaustpipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 14:05   #473
BHPian

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows which bulb goes into a Passat Comfortline, the D1S or D3S?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th June 2017, 14:30   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I got it replaced at home. Some bloke from a local battery shop came with the new battery in tow. It was a plain 2 min disconnect and reconnect job. Furthermore, he bought the old battery for 1200 inr.

Best
EP
I understand that one has to have a battery source connected to the car at all times otherwise you need the VAG software to reboot the car electronics.

How exactly was your car battery changed. Was the ignition switched off and the person disconnected the old battery and reconnected the new battery??

One source told me to keep the car running and then exchange the battery
Old 13th June 2017, 14:51   #475
BHPian

I clearly remember the car was switched off. Key wasn't in ignition. He disconnected the old battery and reconnected the new one. On start the car did ask me to enter date and time. That's It!
exhaustpipe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 10:38   #476
BHPian

Quote:
I clearly remember the car was switched off. Key wasn't in ignition. He disconnected the old battery and reconnected the new one. On start the car did ask me to enter date and time. That's It!
Hi,

I checked with one of the SA's at VW Downtown regarding the battery replacement. he mentioned that they replace the battery when the ignition is switched off.

Someone had earlier told me that if the 12V source is lost, one needs the VAG software to reboot/reset the car systems. This I have now confirmed is NOT true.

So I am at peace, will take up the battery replacement soon
Old 29th June 2017, 17:55   #477
BHPian

All,
My car's Reverse camera system has suddenly conked up. It displays a warning message " Rear camera system not available". The camera is flipping alright when I engage reverse gear but no display goes to the HU. All other functionalities such as optical parking, auto parking are working fine.

Any one faced this problem before? Any solutions?
Old 30th June 2017, 13:29   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
All,
My car's Reverse camera system has suddenly conked up. It displays a warning message " Rear camera system not available". The camera is flipping alright when I engage reverse gear but no display goes to the HU. All other functionalities such as optical parking, auto parking are working fine.

Any one faced this problem before? Any solutions?
I get this warning message intermittently. Sometimes the camera works as normal despite the error message. On some rare occasions, it doesn't. The OPS and other systems all work fine.

I had asked the workshop to look into the issue, but they couldn't replicate the problem to enable them to diagnose it. If your camera isn't working at all, then take it to your dealer and they should be able to fix it.

Sorry for not being of much help.
Old 1st July 2017, 09:24   #479
BHPian

Hi Guys! I am facing coolant leakage issue in my Passat Highline. The coolant level drops and error light keeps buzzing. I have topped up the coolant 3-4 times in last one month! The bigger problem is that there is no visible signs of any leakage under the car! Has anyone else faced this issue and can someone guide me on what needs to be done. I have checked some international passat forums where they say its a common issue.
Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 11:08   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
Hi Guys! I am facing coolant leakage issue in my Passat Highline. The coolant level drops and error light keeps buzzing. I have topped up the coolant 3-4 times in last one month! The bigger problem is that there is no visible signs of any leakage under the car! Has anyone else faced this issue and can someone guide me on what needs to be done. I have checked some international passat forums where they say its a common issue.
Thanks
I have faced this issue 3 times.

On the first two occasions, the water pump was the faulty part which was leaking. The water pump was first replaced under warranty and the second time replaced for free as the second failure happened less than a year after the first.

On the latest occurrence, the radiator was leaking. According to the dealer it had been damaged by a hit to the car's chin. I found this hard to believe but had to go along with what he said. This cost me approximately Rs 25,000.

All three times, I couldn't find any sign of leakage under the car. All three failures occurred less than a year of each other.

You will have to take your car to the dealer to get this diagnosed and fixed. Just pray your dealer has the parts in stock or else be prepared to wait atleast 2 weeks for them to sort out your car. Hopefully the Volkswagen dealer in your city isn't as incompetent as the one here in Kolkata.

Last edited by fordfreak : 1st July 2017 at 11:09.
fordfreak is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks