Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 16:12   #451
Team-BHP Support

re: Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustpipe View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is able to change tracks from the steering wheel controls or from the stereo while playing music over Bluetooth wirelessly.

Thanks for your time.
It won't work because the stock RCD 510 doesn't support AVRCP. The newer generation RCD 330+ supports this profile, so one can change the track using the steering controls.
Old 20th February 2017, 17:17   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It won't work because the stock RCD 510 doesn't support AVRCP. The newer generation RCD 330+ supports this profile, so one can change the track using the steering controls.
Thanks

I read somewhere that there is a software upgrade for AVRCP / A2DP. Wrong information I guess.
Old 23rd February 2017, 21:14   #453
BHPian

I am looking to change my tyres and considering:

1. Yokohama Advan Sports
2. Apollo Aspire 4G (Saw these on a the new superb, looked like my current P7s)
3. Michelin Primary ST

I am inclined towards Aspire as I am getting a good discount through a friend who works at apollo. Please advise.

This rubber will go on my up-sized 17 inch wheels. Teaser pics coming soon.
Old 24th February 2017, 18:52   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is able to change tracks from the steering wheel controls or from the stereo while playing music over Bluetooth wirelessly.

Thanks for your time.
Hi Exhaustpipe

I have a 2012 Passat highline with RCD510 and I am able to change tracks from the steering mounted controls. Get your HU checked at the service centre.
Old 24th February 2017, 18:57   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
Hi Exhaustpipe

I have a 2012 Passat highline with RCD510 and I am able to change tracks from the steering mounted controls. Get your HU checked at the service centre.
My steering wheel controls work too for changing tracks. In fact when I had RCD510 and when i used the "music" section of MFD, i could change tracks from both left side and right side buttons on steering wheel. Hope this helps.
Old 25th February 2017, 00:38   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Exhaustpipe

thanks for your response Musclecar. Thought I'd just double check, you mean you can change tracks from the steering and HU when playing music through Bluetooth?

Thanks for your time.
Old 25th February 2017, 00:42   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
My steering wheel controls work too for changing tracks. In fact when I had RCD510 and when i used the "music" section of MFD, i could change tracks from both left side and right side buttons on steering wheel. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply crazy bean. Can you also confirm that we are on the same page. Changing tracks from the steering and RCD 510 touch screen while playing music over Bluetooth.

If this is true then I've got to see this in action and use is as proof of revenge when I decide to punish VW service.

I've had such terrible experience with this car and VW service centres that I'm almost at the verge of writing a long detailed ownership review of my Passat.

One day I will and soon.
Old 25th February 2017, 11:10   #458
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for your response Musclecar. Thought I'd just double check, you mean you can change tracks from the steering and HU when playing music through Bluetooth?

Thanks for your time.
Yes Exhaustpipe I meant that I can change tracks from the steering mounted controls while playing music from Bluetooth.

As Crazybean mentioned one can also use the right hand side steering controls to change tracks.

Its probably a small glitch. You can get it checked it outside too, since your experience with the VW service centre has been bad. There are many Tech wizards out there.

Last edited by musclecar : 25th February 2017 at 11:12. Reason: Formating it better
Old 25th February 2017, 16:57   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Exhaustpipe I meant that I can change tracks from the steering mounted controls while playing music from Bluetooth.

As Crazybean mentioned one can also use the right hand side steering controls to change tracks.

Its probably a small glitch. You can get it checked it outside too, since your experience with the VW service centre has been bad. There are many Tech wizards out there.
Super thanks mate. I showed this to the VW Service Centre after buying my car in 2011. They said that this feature isn't available in the Passat

I'm going to try the Moti Nagar based VW Service centre this time. Hopefully they will be able to sort this issue and another one related to my front suspension out. I've already spent around 2.3 lac on it till date and still my car during cold weather makes a creaking wooden-ship like noise for about 10 mins while going over dips and speed breakers. It becomes normal after a while. Only happens in winters and when its really cold. :( :(

Any help on these matters, for example recommendations from the forum members on the most competent VW service centre, will also be very very very appreciated.

Thanks once again CB.
Old 28th February 2017, 11:06   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Super thanks mate. I showed this to the VW Service Centre after buying my car in 2011. They said that this feature isn't available in the Passat

Thanks once again CB.
Mine is 2012 highline version. There is no problem in changing tracks through steering controls or the touch screen and even tuning knob. Connected and tested both android and iOS over bluetooth as well as cable and works pretty well.
Kindly, check whether music control feature is also activated in bluetooth profile as sometimes only phone is connected on bluetooth. Its optional setting(one time) on phone.
shatrughna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 11:46   #461
BHPian

Hi guys

I drive a Passat Comfortline. Could this be a feature unavailable in the comfortline? I just noticed that all the members who responded are owners of the highline model.

Regards
Old 1st May 2017, 21:25   #462
BHPian

I saw an ad online for a used 2013 Passat which was a 2.0 PD DSG S model and mentioned 138bhp engine. Could anyone please let me know was this a lower specced model which was launched later?
Old 2nd May 2017, 01:39   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
I saw an ad online for a used 2013 Passat which was a 2.0 PD DSG S model and mentioned 138bhp engine. Could anyone please let me know was this a lower specced model which was launched later?
PD engines were phased out when BS4 came into market (i.e since April 2010). When the face-lifted Passat (or B7) came out in 2011, it only had CR engines and all of them were in their 170PS/168BHP tune, both the manual transmission and DSG variants.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 16:13   #464

Hi friends, thanks for assisting me with my queries. I was going through the Passat posts today as I wanted to upgrade my head lights, so read through some interesting posts and very informative it has been, but this read through has resulted into some questions.
I have a 2012 Sept Passat Highline.
Slightly confused about 2 things.

1) I don't have Bluetooth in my car, everyone else's Highline seems to have the Bluetooth. My car does have auto park, climate control, Sun roof, in seat Aircon, black seats and Dashboard, DRL's. But no Bluetooth or cruise control? Is this right?
2) My tyres are original and have done only 24,60 Km's, but I want to change tyres due to age and uneven wear, these Pirellis are making road noise. Whats the recommended Brand?
3) I also find the Headlight very weak and my highway runs have increased due to family requirements and I will be going home to Chandigarh every weekend from Gurgaon and I prefer 3 AM ish morning time due to no traffic, but need to upgrade those lights. Not sure what the size is, i.e. is it H4, H7 and/or if these are projector. Yes I have the DRL's. Can anyone tell me what to get. In my Safari Storme Varicor I have Low and high separate 55W HID's and those are superb, they light up as if its day.

Would be grateful for any assistance from dear fellas.

Capt Tej Singh
Old 19th May 2017, 11:47   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJSINGH View Post
1) I don't have Bluetooth in my car, everyone else's Highline seems to have the Bluetooth. My car does have auto park, climate control, Sun roof, in seat Aircon, black seats and Dashboard, DRL's. But no Bluetooth or cruise control? Is this right? - I am sure your car has to come with bluetooth and cruise control. These are standard in the Highline variant. The cruise control stalk is located just below the indicator stalk on the LHS of the steering column. As for the bluetooth, scroll through the different menus on the MID. You should get an option for pairing a device.

2) My tyres are original and have done only 24,60 Km's, but I want to change tyres due to age and uneven wear, these Pirellis are making road noise. Whats the recommended Brand? - I changed my stock tyres (Pirelli) with around 32,000 kilometers on the ODO. I upsized from 215/55/R16 to 225/55/R16 and got the Yokohama dB-Decibel series (dB ES501). These are very quiet, more durable and give the car a more muscular look (you can see the pictures on my ownership thread along with the details of the tyres I chose). The fuel economy seems to have dropped a little, especially in heavy city traffic. Done over 12,000 kilometers on the Yokohama set and haven't had a single puncture yet.

3) I also find the Headlight very weak and my highway runs have increased due to family requirements and I will be going home to Chandigarh every weekend from Gurgaon and I prefer 3 AM ish morning time due to no traffic, but need to upgrade those lights. Not sure what the size is, i.e. is it H4, H7 and/or if these are projector. Yes I have the DRL's. Can anyone tell me what to get. In my Safari Storme Varicor I have Low and high separate 55W HID's and those are superb, they light up as if its day. - The low beam is too weak for the highway, but adequate for city usage. I have driven on the highway a few times and had to use the dipper through the drive to have good visibility. This isn't recommended as I surely blinded a lot of people coming from the opposite direction. I guess a bulb upgrade would solve your problem. I haven't upgraded my lights since 99% of my usage is on city roads.
Hello Capt.

Please see my replies above, in bold text. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks