Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 01:23   #361
BHPian

re: Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I bought a heavy duty blue canvas one. The only issue is that after it rains, it is havey and needs to dry out in a back ard.
Thanks for the inputs Ajmat! Do you remember the brand and where you got it from? Online e-com sites are full of all kinds of covesrs and it is really hard to understand which are good ones. I park my car in a covered parking so rains wont be that much of a problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The brush is worth it. I use it to dust can before putting cover on. I use the ONR waterless cleaner to clean the car every 3-4 days. If the car is a little too dirty, I just let it get more dirty and wash it professionally. During monsoons, I just let it get filthyl and clean ice in 10 days.
Thanks Ajmat, I will order my duster now. The same question as above about the ONR waterless cleaner, where can I get is?. When the monsoons arrive (finally!) I intend to spend every weekend close to nature, so yes I will be following your strategy in the monsoons as well
Old 14th April 2015, 12:50   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Dear exhaustpipe,

Please have a look at your vehicle's VIN. The 7th, 8th & 9th letters/numbers will tell you which model you have. I have a 2012 Highline Passat 2.0 TDi and mine reads 3C9.

Trust this helps
Thanks rpunwani. I got the job done last week from outside. So far so good. My comfortline also reads as 3C9.

Also, does anyone have an idea of the transmission oil cost? My car clocked 60k last month and the service manual states the Tx oil needs to be changed at this range. VW service quoted an estimate of 18k which in my opinion seems a bit high. Do you think I should get it changed outside? What is the degree of risk involved?

Thank you.
Old 14th April 2015, 16:34   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustpipe View Post
Thanks rpunwani. I got the job done last week from outside. So far so good. My comfortline also reads as 3C9.

Also, does anyone have an idea of the transmission oil cost? My car clocked 60k last month and the service manual states the Tx oil needs to be changed at this range. VW service quoted an estimate of 18k which in my opinion seems a bit high. Do you think I should get it changed outside? What is the degree of risk involved?

Thank you.
Since you have the DSG, I suggest that you get the oil change done through the VW Service Centre. Please check with a few dealers regarding the cost of transmission fluid change.

The fluid in these gearboxes is special and the filter also needs to be changed. There are many horror stories about failures of the DSG which cost a bomb to fix.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:24   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Since you have the DSG, I suggest that you get the oil change done through the VW Service Centre. Please check with a few dealers regarding the cost of transmission fluid change.

The fluid in these gearboxes is special and the filter also needs to be changed. There are many horror stories about failures of the DSG which cost a bomb to fix.
I'll get it done from an authorized dealer now. I didn't know there was a difference in cost from one dealer to another. My impression was that cost of service and other maintenance jobs is fixed by the company and dealers can do it for the same or lower price, but not over.

Thanks once again.
Old 14th April 2015, 21:22   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustpipe View Post
I'll get it done from an authorized dealer now. I didn't know there was a difference in cost from one dealer to another. My impression was that cost of service and other maintenance jobs is fixed by the company and dealers can do it for the same or lower price, but not over.

Thanks once again.
The prices are fixed by VW India. It may happen that the dealer tries to add extra & unnecessary jobs to inflate the bill. I recently had a case where I was billed for wheel balancing when one of the tyres had a puncture and a huge 10 gm stud was embedded on the wheel. When questioned, the SA came up with lame excuses until I asked for the Manager to come. Then he agreed meekly that the person who did the wheel balancing missed out on the embedded stud.
Old 14th May 2015, 18:33   #366
BHPian

Friends, Had a mishap today. A crazy biker tried overtaking from the left and banged my car. I am heart broken.

I am attaching a few pictures of the damage. It was much worse but after some serious rubbing, this is the result. Please guide me on what should I do. Should I leave it as is? or is denting possible? If yes, where can I get it done, is there anyone in Gurgaon, who can restore my car to its older glory. I am so sad, tears fall while writing this. Please have a look and help me. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-img_20150514_180744.jpg  

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-img_20150514_180740.jpg  

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-img_20150514_180731.jpg  

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-img_20150514_180726.jpg  

Old 14th May 2015, 22:24   #367
Senior - BHPian

Denting is very much possible, a biker had dashed into my driver's side door of polo 2 years back, which had resulted in a much bigger dent than yours, VW charged me 4k, and it took them around 3 hours to fix it, they had to open up the whole of the door for it.
In your case it sure does look fixable, the only task you have is to find a qualified shop who can do it well around your place.
Hope it gets fixed soon and your ride is back as new
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 22:41   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Denting is very much possible, a biker had dashed into my driver's side door of polo 2 years back, which had resulted in a much bigger dent than yours, VW charged me 4k, and it took them around 3 hours to fix it, they had to open up the whole of the door for it.
In your case it sure does look fixable, the only task you have is to find a qualified shop who can do it well around your place.
Hope it gets fixed soon and your ride is back as new
Thanks Tanveer, Was it a paintless dent removal as you mentioned 3 hours. I am being quoted 3 days as it requires re paint. Not sure though as the paint is intact, but the dent is pretty deep and sharp.

Another hurdle I feel is the access to this panel. I am not sure how the technician would access the dent comfortably to beat it out.
Old 14th May 2015, 22:51   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Thanks Tanveer, Was it a paintless dent removal as you mentioned 3 hours. I am being quoted 3 days as it requires re paint. Not sure though as the paint is intact, but the dent is pretty deep and sharp.

Another hurdle I feel is the access to this panel. I am not sure how the technician would access the dent comfortably to beat it out.
Hello, yes it was a paintless dent removal and yes it was done in roughly 3 hours, they had opened the door completely to get access from both the sides of the door, is the time quoted by a VW service center? any approximate cost was given? from the pics you have posted, due to the color of the car it is not very easy to see if a repaint is required or not.
Try to get quotes from a couple of different places and also ask them how would they be executing the fix.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:24   #370
BHPian

The VW service centre keeps the original paint so if done well, there will be no shade difference. Also, the Passat comes with a 12 year anti perforation warranty - which is valid only when the body work is done from an authorized service centre.

A dent puller is very effective if there are no sharp indents. Ask them if they can manage without repainting. Sad to see a damaged car :(
Old 15th May 2015, 11:21   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, Had a mishap today. A crazy biker tried overtaking from the left and banged my car. I am heart broken.

I am attaching a few pictures of the damage. It was much worse but after some serious rubbing, this is the result. Please guide me on what should I do. Should I leave it as is? or is denting possible? If yes, where can I get it done, is there anyone in Gurgaon, who can restore my car to its older glory. I am so sad, tears fall while writing this. Please have a look and help me. Thanks!
Unfortunate to see your car picking up a dent. Such incidents are even more painful for car freaks like us. But as we all know, there is no scarcity of brainless specimens on our country's roads, (I can certainly vouch for that as you know ). Thankfully it isn't too bad and is repairable. The rest of your car seems to be showroom condition, so surely get this dent repaired!

I would advise you to get this fixed at the VW workshop. It will be a bit more expensive, but you needn't worry about the quality of the work done then. However, do get a quote from multiple places (VW and independent workshops), just to get an idea of the differences. Choose whichever you are comfortable with.

Paint-less dent repair should be possible, but I am not sure. The area of damage could be a little hard to access from the inside and may require a significant amount of dis-assembly.

Just out of curiosity, have you not opted for the bumper-to-bumper insurance cover? It is really paying back for me right now!
Old 16th May 2015, 15:46   #372
BHPian

Quote:
The VW service centre keeps the original paint so if done well, there will be no shade difference. Also, the Passat comes with a 12 year anti perforation warranty - which is valid only when the body work is done from an authorized service centre.

A dent puller is very effective if there are no sharp indents. Ask them if they can manage without repainting. Sad to see a damaged car :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Unfortunate to see your car picking up a dent. Such incidents are even more painful for car freaks like us. But as we all know, there is no scarcity of brainless specimens on our country's roads, (I can certainly vouch for that as you know ). Thankfully it isn't too bad and is repairable. The rest of your car seems to be showroom condition, so surely get this dent repaired!

I would advise you to get this fixed at the VW workshop. It will be a bit more expensive, but you needn't worry about the quality of the work done then. However, do get a quote from multiple places (VW and independent workshops), just to get an idea of the differences. Choose whichever you are comfortable with.

Paint-less dent repair should be possible, but I am not sure. The area of damage could be a little hard to access from the inside and may require a significant amount of dis-assembly.

Just out of curiosity, have you not opted for the bumper-to-bumper insurance cover? It is really paying back for me right now!
Thanks for the responses. FordFreak, I do have bumper to bumper insurance, not sure if I should use it and lose ncb. Anyway this is not a concern right now.
I have visited the two different VW workshops and 3 independent shops to get ideas about the procedure. VW is quoting 6k whereas independent garages are quoting anywhere between 3.5K to 6.5K.

VW doesn't stock paint but has a machine in which you enter the color code and it mixes the appropriate color for you. Some of the better garages also do the same.

Also surprisingly both the VW workshops suggested two different methods and time frames for the repair.

VW Workshop 1: The dent will be pushed out from the inside by removing the fabric lining in the boot and then the whole area would be sanded and repainted. It will take 2 days for the process and I will have return back in 15 days for a final rubbing.

VW Workshop 2: No need to access the dent through the boot, They have some equipment that can pull the dent from the outside only. Again 3 days quoted and this includes rubbing.

Guys please suggest what should I do. Also does anyone have any experience with Autopsyche, Gurgaon for such repairs? I am seriously considering them?
Old 18th May 2015, 15:02   #373
BHPian

Quote:

you can get this done easily at an independent shop. I can recommend Raja paints. I have got paint done there after a review from another bhpian. they did an A+ job. PM me if you want their contact details. Otherwise their details are available online as well.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 16:18   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys please suggest what should I do. Also does anyone have any experience with Autopsyche, Gurgaon for such repairs? I am seriously considering them?
A friend got his blue Vento repaired for a minor hit like yours from Autopsyche. I have seen his car, I liked the paint job. The price was reasonable too
Old 18th May 2015, 16:47   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
A friend got his blue Vento repaired for a minor hit like yours from Autopsyche. I have seen his car, I liked the paint job. The price was reasonable too
Thanks Anshuman. Yeah, the price Aarush quoted is similar to VW workshop. I am just looking for the best craftsmanship and quality. Now, what do you suggest, VW or Autopsyche?

Your friends vento, What it absolutely immaculate, just like factory?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks