Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 17:17   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Tatas have a thick skin. Well if burning Nanos cant move them how will these issues.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 18:18   #122
BHPian

UPDATE:

TASS tried to pull a fast one on me, they sent over the car without solving issues in a filthy state! I was not informed and even the guy I know at the service station was not present. Luckily, my dad inspected the car and sent it back!

So currently, I'm expecting to get my car back tomorrow! After that a short drive to Pune and back will follow as I need to check for old/new issues my car may have.

Apart from that, work done on the car this visit includes: Suspension bush, rusty bolt replacement. Boot opening mechanism was also faulty, and the temperature sensor coupler was faulty. The bolts have on them some anti-rust this time (so I have been told).

Rest all time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Really felt sad to read all the problems you went through, so much that you actually lost the ownership zing and confused it to be owned by TASS.
I accept the condolences you offer my friend, I'm still confused about the ownership part though. The car is still with TASS you see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Seriously, actually I loved this car (4X4) when it was launched but now that feeling in fast eroding.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I guess you need to have Zappex's sense of humor to own an Aria.
Try owning an Aria: After the multiple visits to the service center, You lose your senses and are left with nothing but humor!

Quote:
Were all the issues/problems sorted out under Warranty? How much did you have to shell out from your own pocket during these 13 months?
Majority of the parts were covered under warranty, Had to force them to include a few as the vehicle was brand new! Regarding spending from my pocket, will have to run through many many bills to get the figure.

Quote:
Component/parts reliability issues + Rusting of bolts/engine bay = LEMON.
I agree! Does Tata? No.

Quote:
At home, are you guys considering cutting your losses and selling the car?
Almost thought about that! Had a few discussions, it is not sensible to do that, so we tried living with a flawed car for a while. After that my life mission has changed to owning a trouble free Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
This is shocking!
Welcome to the Tata lifestyle product thread!

Quote:
Really sad to hear about this ordeal you are having with TML. I guess, by now, you would have roped in the higher ups, have they promised you any resolution?
Ups, higher ups? do they exist? tried shooting hundreds of complaints (Literally, no kidding) they redirect me to the service center. (With the standard reply)

Quote:
Agreed they have been replacing faulty parts but spending 30% of the time in a service center doesn't seem right for any car!
Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
I would say, stand your ground and push for a replacement. We already have other owners with issues on their Arias, why don't you team up with them and stage your protest outside their headquarters. I understand this might require considerable time and effort from your part. At least get together and generate some negative publicity, I am sure they would take notice then.

EDIT: Check out this link, see if you find anything feasible. And All the best.
I'm not sure how that would work, I respect your sentiment. Lets hope I don't have to take such a drastic step.

EDIT: I'm not comfortable with the idea of bashing my car, I love it way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Tatas have a thick skin. Well if burning Nanos cant move them how will these issues.
Hmm... Food for thought!

Signing out.

Zap
Old 7th May 2012, 19:58   #123
BHPian

Zappex, kudos on an insanely well written review. I remember checking out the Aria at Inorbit Malad when it was being launched. I loved the vehicle till I saw the price tag and (I know you have mentioned this in your review on multiple occassions) I was like "that much for a TATA?".

All in all, the kind of issues that you are facing now is really unacceptable with the kind of money you have paid.
Will be following your updates. I hope your beauty is back with all issues fixed.
Old 7th May 2012, 22:09   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Welcome to the Tata lifestyle product thread!

Ups, higher ups? do they exist? tried shooting hundreds of complaints (Literally, no kidding) they redirect me to the service center. (With the standard reply)

Couldn't agree more!

I'm not sure how that would work, I respect your sentiment. Lets hope I don't have to take such a drastic step.

EDIT: I'm not comfortable with the idea of bashing my car, I love it way too much.
Well, I respect yours! I sincerely hope they solve your issues soon and for good.

Did you try tweeting or posting the links to this thread on fb? I mean, if it helps, I am sure the mods wouldn't mind posting it from the official t-bhp page as well.
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:03   #125
BHPian

Hey Zappex, any updates on where you stand with regards to your vehicle issues now? Just wanted to know if you have received the car back?
Old 8th October 2012, 23:19   #126
BHPian

Bumping this thread. Any updates for us Zappex as it's been over 5 months since your last one ?
Old 6th February 2013, 23:08   #127
BHPian

I made a big mistake. There I said it, Admittedly I knew that the Aria will not be easy to live with. But I thought it was possible. It isnt anymore. Steering column replaced 3 times because of rattles. Airbag malfunction lights. TCS & ESP failure are the recent issues to join the suffering party.

The list is endless, I have a lemon. No one at Tata has gotten back to me with a proper commitment to end all issues with the product. They just redirect me to the service center who cant solve issues, simply because they don't know how to.

Coming back to my Aria, it has spent more than 8 months+ at the service center so far. I asked for my car back because they didn't mind fiddling with it all this long.

Cant sell it off, it does not hold value in the market.

Note: A car loaded with gizmos vis a vis a basic car with better engineering.

I think I know what makes sensible pick.

Now I have true respect for my Jetta, Innova as I have realized that they charge a premium because they deserve it. They don't need deceptive gizmos to lure innocent buyers. You get what you pay for.

Reliability.

It was the most undervalued thing when I made my purchase and I now bear the consequence of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
Hey Zappex, any updates on where you stand with regards to your vehicle issues now? Just wanted to know if you have received the car back?
Quote:
Bumping this thread. Any updates for us Zappex as it's been over 5 months since your last one ?
I sincerely apologize for the delay from my side to update this thread.

PS: I still have hope that Tata motors will take back my car along with a batch of other Aria's for R&D purposes and end my suffering along with others. I have been a victim so far of Tata motors inability to get things right for Aria. I hope I get compensated for this by an equivalent amount I paid or same value replacement.
Zappex is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 23:20   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to my Aria, it has spent more than 8 months+ at the service center so far. I asked for my car back because they didn't mind fiddling with it all this long.

Now I have true respect for my Jetta, Innova as I have realized that they charge a premium because they deserve it. They don't need deceptive gizmos to lure innocent buyers. You get what you pay for.

Reliability.

It was the most undervalued thing when I made my purchase and I now bear the consequence of that.

Sorry to hear that you had no positive outcome mate. TATA brand perception falls another notch as far as I am concerned.
Take care.
kingofkings is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 23:45   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...PS: I still have hope that Tata motors will take back my car along with a batch of other Aria's for R&D purposes and end my suffering along with others. I have been a victim so far of Tata motors inability to get things right for Aria. I hope I get compensated for this by an equivalent amount I paid or same value replacement.
really sad to read this post of yours man! People who put so much faith on their most expensive product is made to suffer.

I think you should try one last time and send out a mail to Karl Slym (some TATA employees on this forum probably could PM you his mail id) and let him know what you have gone thru. It might work out. The way I saw him raise GM in India, I have a lot of respect for him.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th February 2013 at 23:46.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 06:00   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I made a big mistake. There I said it, Admittedly I knew that the Aria will not be easy to live with. But I thought it was possible. It isnt anymore. Steering column replaced 3 times because of rattles. Airbag malfunction lights. TCS & ESP failure are the recent issues to join the suffering party.

The list is endless, I have a lemon. No one at Tata has gotten back to me with a proper commitment to end all issues with the product. They just redirect me to the service center who cant solve issues, simply because they don't know how to.

Reliability.

I sincerely apologize for the delay from my side to update this thread.

PS: I still have hope that Tata motors will take back my car along with a batch of other Aria's for R&D purposes and end my suffering along with others. I have been a victim so far of Tata motors inability to get things right for Aria. I hope I get compensated for this by an equivalent amount I paid or same value replacement.
I suggest you copy paste the above content into a mail and shoot it to top brass of Tata. Those please, thank you, kindly words do not evoke any kind of solid action from them. I hope this from the heart, emotional words in the post above do!

Please send a mail. Ask behram sir for some high managements email address since he works with Tata now. I am sure he Will help you.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 01:23   #131
BHPian

With the ESP,TCS failure on board.
I thought it was as bad as it could get.
Well, I have news.
It just got worst.

While driving the Vehicle started vibrating vigorously!!

Parked aside.
Switched off.
Waited.
Restarted, Moved cautiously.

Repeated steps until I reached fairly near service center.

I called up the service center and explained the situation,
Service center: Sir, We could schedule an appointment for later.
Me: Madam, I'm in a bit of an urgent situation here.
Service center: Uhh, sorry sir.
Me: Huh?
Service center: I could ask the CRM to contact you.
Me: Ok.
Service center: It may take a while though.
Me: All right.

20 mins later.

CRM: Hi sir.
Me: Please send someone here.
CRM: Uhh... I wont be able to do that.
Me: Huh?
CRM: Sir, call breakdown assistance.

By that time I had already opted for breakdown assistance, didn't take a chance.
As I didn't have high expectation of the service center.
Eventually the car was taken to the service center.
Citing that it was drivable and the failures disappeared from the screen.
I clicked pics for reference however.
So later they cant claim that earlier the vehicle was alright.

Basically, the Aria is with the service center again.

Its been a few days now, NO update whatsoever.

Its like they have taken for granted that its not my hard earned vehicle but just their R&D test mule.

They cant figure out what is wrong, They are just fiddling with the vehicle.

Now, The wait begins.

Last time when i complained about the dashboard rattling, guess what?
They stuffed foam to stop the rattles!! Leaving a panel gap!!

Now, I think I have expressed the quality of repairs.

I spoke to a guy who was from Tata, who was present a couple of services earlier.
He gave me an example that the service center folks would unscrew the dash and remove 22 odd bolts.
And when putting it back they would hammer it down to under 10 bolts!!!

That explains why I have been paranoid about repairs every since.

I will try to post more often.

Work commitments delay the posts here.

Still hoping that all goes well.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you had no positive outcome mate. TATA brand perception falls another notch as far as I am concerned. Take care.
Its great to have support, Its another thing to live such experiences yourself. Thank you. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
really sad to read this post of yours man! People who put so much faith on their most expensive product is made to suffer.
Well said, Its really something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you should try one last time and send out a mail to Karl Slym (some TATA employees on this forum probably could PM you his mail id) and let him know what you have gone thru. It might work out. The way I saw him raise GM in India, I have a lot of respect for him.
I have been drafting an email, I hope I can get all the contact details I may require.

Thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I suggest you copy paste the above content into a mail and shoot it to top brass of Tata. Those please, thank you, kindly words do not evoke any kind of solid action from them. I hope this from the heart, emotional words in the post above do!

Please send a mail. Ask behram sir for some high managements email address since he works with Tata now. I am sure he Will help you.
A very valid suggestion, but I have shot mails everywhere.

Its not working.

I wont give up that easy.

I'm composing content again.

Hope I can get it in the right hands.

PS: I really appreciate all the support guys, Thank you for the kind words and following my thread and giving me timely suggestions.

Ive received your PM lurker, Thanks for DB sirs contact.

Please share, any other contacts you'll may have via PM.

I appreciate any help I may get.

Signing out,
Zap.

Last edited by Zappex : 18th February 2013 at 01:50. Reason: Addition
Zappex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 00:34   #132
BHPian

Horrible man, I thought mine 68 days of repairs in 21 months was worse then i read ur thread. My pain has completely vanished. And i am prepared for the worst to come. Next in line to cause trouble must be the steering or DFM

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-product.html
Old 21st October 2013, 08:42   #133
BHPian

Ha! Double ha!

Here it goes again;

Air conditioner goes kaput

Airbag Malfunction light flash

Gearbox notchy all of a sudden

Smoke out of the engine bay

Car stalls on road...
Zappex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:51   #134
BHPian

Now the full clutch assembly kit has to be changed,

The Dual mass flywheel (DMF) is apparently unreliable as per the service center and they are recommending switching to Single mass flywheel (SMF) found on the cheaper Aria variants. I have refused delivery and insisted on the DMF as they have fitted SMF.

The service center went as far as saying that all the cars are switching to SMF for reliability!

Why are they doing this to customers?

Last edited by Zappex : 22nd October 2013 at 16:56.
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:08   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

This is just pathetic. I suggest you try contacting CNBC Awaaz's Pehredar. They had taken up issues with Skoda previously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks