Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 21:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Here are some exterior pics, hurriedly clicked on my friend's phone.
Pics are very good for a mobile phone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Quick question. Have seen several yellow Cedias with smoked lamps. Does it come with it, does the company do it, or guess it was just coincidence. (And before someone posts it, no, i had not been seeing the came car over and over ;-), seen one in Gurgaon and 2 here, with smoked lights.)
Actually the pre 2010 cedia sports came with smoked head lamps (all colours in sports) and the elegance, spirit and select came with clear head lamps. Since last year (2010), all cedias started coming with clear head lamps.

OT: have seen the yellow one in gurgaon for quite a few times, it had after market matt black alloys with yellow outline circle..isntit??

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th February 2011 at 21:41.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2011, 22:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Pics are very good for a mobile phone .
Thanks gaurav, all of them (except one) have been clicked by me using the Nokia E72's camera; save for the second last one (with headlights on) which was taken by another friend on his Bold2.

Did a bit of touching up on MS Office Picture Manager and added filter on Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image
Old 5th February 2011, 22:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

A week ago there was a yellow Cedia sports ahead of me at the local McD's drive through MH 01 or 03. Looked good in the spur of the moment but I don't think I could live with that colour. Red as in mandheers Cedia and the Red as in Rajataurus's French Claret are great colours to have.

My Blue Streak of September '09 vintage came with clear headlamps but a 6 year old got them changed as also the front grill, prior to delivery.

@mandheers, that reminds me I got the boot mat too from my dealer at the time of delivery as well as a 'Polco' cover made out of Tyvek. You could talk to Saurabh and get one.

Your idea of getting an extra pair of mats is appealing. I am trying to locate a set that is basically carpet with a flexible rubber backing. I had these in my OHC and they looked new even after 10 years of usage. The ones that I got with the Blue Streak are slightly maroonish or dirty brown with sports embroidered into the drivers side mat and with the hole that engages with the floor hook. Are yours similar?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2011, 23:33   #19
BHPian

@ khoj: Hey, yes the mats in my Cedia are similar but they are black with red lining; much like the upholstery and trims. Yes they come with the hole for hooking to driver's side. My cleaner almost yanked the hook out day before.

Have asked him to refrain from using his might there; the hole's just a tad smaller and he's been adviced to go easy.

This one thing I learnt from my days driving my dad's Zen; that the mat actually slides up and restricts all pedal movement. As a habit I check to match edges before I drive any car.

I am familiar with the mats you've described on your OHC; I have similar ones on my '08 Accent and they are still good as new.

Definitely getting a spare set of the sports mats for the Cedia though.

I am also on the lookout for a good exhaust tip; your Cosworth is great. Do recommend if I could get a 'red' unit.
Old 6th February 2011, 01:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

@Gaurav. Yes that is the same Cedia. I have seen it several times and it had great black alloys

As for the mats, I experience the same thing even on my accent, when at times it slides up and being very thick, it inteferes with the pedal movement. Another good option, like someone who posted on the forums, is to affix velcro's on the underside.
Old 6th February 2011, 03:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

You guys talking about this Alloy
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-auto-cross-2010-yellow-s-black-alloy.jpg

On this car
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-auto-cross-2010-yellow-cedia-parked.jpg

It did see some action
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-auto-cross-2010-yellow-cedia-action.jpg

As did a White one
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-auto-cross-2010-white-cedia.jpg

This was at the Auto Cross 2010 in Dec last year on the Greater Noida Xpressway.

Photos courtesy of Team bhp member kpzen.

@mandheers

The end can tip is painted in Cosworth Blue.
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-cosworth-tip.jpg
Pure chance that they copied my car's colour Seriously though all of their products are in blue as you can see from their CAI that is installed in my Swift Zxi
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-bend-front.jpg

The tip is pretty well built though and you could get it painted red otherwise another good option is the exhaust tip being sold at the spares counter at the Nissan's A.S.C. It is much better than those available in accessory shops.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2011, 14:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Khoj and thedreamcatcher, I think its the same car, this guys got a video on Youtube

@Khoj, nice pics.

Regarding the mats, I got the same fabric ones in my cedia, all of them have velcros at each end and hence dont slip. For the plastic ones, I have these very common plastic mats, have seen the same in every second car. These have spikes underneath them and hence dont slide up. The ones I have in my polo look better but are prone to slip all the time. Will post snaps.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2011, 16:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks very similar, but I dont recall the guy having a black roof. Was all yellow

Curious, why do you want to go in for fabric mats? I feel they are a bit harder to maintain. Can you post pics of the mats, the fabric ones that is
thedreamcatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Stunning pics mate!
I'm drooling
figo_united is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 12:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see a Red Cedia.I was once a proud owner of an Yellow Cedia and I enjoyed every minute in it.Its an wonderful car.Congratulations on your ownership.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2011, 16:02   #26
BHPian

Congrats mandheers..have a safe drive..Is it the 2011 cedia sport or 2010? I guess 2011 Cedia has undergone few minor changes to the interiors. Please post some interior pics
Old 8th February 2011, 17:47   #27
BHPian

Thanks all! I think I'm also becoming a better photographer wth this new acquisition. Here are a few more exterior pics; interiors will follow.

The problem is I have a basement parking and not enough light for good interior pics. Will do the honors this saturday; without fail.

It is also my sincere request to all Cediazens to check their air intake and get the stock fitment back. The torque is just mindblowing; and I have already pointed out the 'more on tap' feeling, and that just grows. The engine is just getting smoother by the day; the car is barely unsettled by anything you throw at it; and I'm not even redlining it yet.

I had issues with engaging the 2nd and reverse gears on occasion, but let me tell you: there is nothing amiss here now. Even if I try I cannot miss a gear shift. Thanks for the heads up on that gaurav.

There is some stuttering on 1st gear when the car has been in bumper to bumper traffic for extended periods (read over an hour); and has been crawling; which I choose to neglect as the heat etc causing some interference with pulling away. It could also be mostly due to the constant clutch driving and repeated braking and acceleration, common to Mumbai traffic.

Every time I take it out for a spin I feel glad I chose the Cedia over the rest. I would also like to add or rather correct the notion that it's not exactly a 'VFM' option, since my OTR cost is 11.7 lacs. (13.7 with the 5 year loan)

It is definitely an enthusiast's and driver's car, commands presence and gives a run to almost all in it's class and bracket. (not as much a head-turner as the Yellow though)

Just wanted to check if there is an option to get one-touch up and down on the driver's side window?

Thanks khoj, will look up the Nissan exhaust tip; the one you see on my car is a simple but good quality aftermarket option. (the only one that fit)

@ C300: yes this is a 2010 Cedia, only registered in 2011. The 2011 has undergone various changes which I have posted on another thread. To sum up: the interiors are beige with piano wood finish (like the Select), the reverse parking camera and DVD player are done away. The player has been replaced by the Pajero's double-din. The front grille has been somewhat changed and the car now comes with a digital meter combination. The black leather upholstery and trims have been replaced by beige fabric to match interiors. The 2011 Cedia also doesn't come with the sports floor mats. Overall the price has been reduced further by 70k.

MOMO Steering, Oz alloys (all 5), Spoiler and Sports body kit and Alloy pedals still come standard.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0127online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0126online.jpg  

Last edited by mandheers : 8th February 2011 at 17:53. Reason: missing details
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2011, 11:06   #28
BHPian

Interiors; again clicked hurriedly to post as I was already late in leaving from work.

That's the keychain there I picked from ebay.in

Another bit I noticed from the pics is that the interiors do catch dust pretty soon (also more visible since they are black). This was also happening since I used to keep the AC on Auto and the outsde air vent used to switch off by itself.

Have now moved the fan speed from Auto to the first notch and that has solved the problem.

Will post some more pics when I surface from work.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0148online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0150online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0151online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0152online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0154online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0155online.jpg  

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img_0156online.jpg  

Attached Images

mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2011, 16:05   #29

Excellent choice. I still have the sense of anticipation after nearly 8 months of purchase when I get into the driver's seat. Happy Driving

Arun
Arun Rangamani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2011, 18:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at pics of the car, the more I am tempted to pick one up!! Hard to restrain myself.

Good going mandheers! Hope you are enjoying the car to the fullest on your daily drives!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks