Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 09:01   #211
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Nope 24" & 18" are incorrect, the correct sizes are 21" & 19" see attachment
Attachment 966419
Thanks. Well, I had seen this brochure earlier and was confused because everyone on the forum mentioned 24" for the driver's side. That is when I measured the wipers myself and thought the brochure was incorrect.

I'm still using the wipers that came with the car and they seem to measure ~24" and ~18" (there might be a small error since I did not take the rubber out while taking the measurements, but it can't be 3 inches off).

Last edited by CBlazer : 7th August 2012 at 09:06.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:21   #212
Senior - BHPian

^Very interesting and timely discussion of wiper blades during this time of the year.
I had purchased Bosch wiper blades last year and still using the same. They were smaller than the ones which came when I purchased the car (second hand), however, I have still not found any major issues in using the smaller wipers.
One small issue is the windshield right lower corner area between the steering wheel and the right A pillar does not get covered by the wipe action. I am not sure but I think even the larger wipers were not able to cover that section.
Does anyone else face the same issue? Causes a slight problem when I have to take a right turn/ U-turn.

On Sunday on the Khandala-Lonavala ghat, drove under extremely heavy rains with almost zero visibility.
I don't know if my wipers were ineffective or the wiper speed in Cedia is not fast enough. But other cars were struggling as well, except a Mercedes who zipped across all of us in that heavy rain (maybe 120 kmph+).
I will try waxing the windshield again and see if there is any improvement.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:07   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
One small issue is the windshield right lower corner area between the steering wheel and the right A pillar does not get covered by the wipe action. I am not sure but I think even the larger wipers were not able to cover that section.
Does anyone else face the same issue? Causes a slight problem when I have to take a right turn/ U-turn.
I need to go back and check this. It is raining in Bangalore right now, so I'll see how this portion of the windshield gets covered today.

Sorry, if this has already been discussed elsewhere. On a slightly different note, I was going through the Cedia owner's manual to see if they had mentioned the wiper sizes. Surprised to learn that when the wiper lever is in the "---" position the wipers are supposed to be sensitive to vehicle speed. Also mentions that this speed-sensitive-operation can be deactivated. I was totally ignorant of this feature.

I have timed the wipers a few times and found the intervals were fixed. Of course, this was done at very low city speeds. Anyone who has tested this or knows if the functionality is enabled in their car?

Last edited by CBlazer : 7th August 2012 at 14:08.
Old 9th August 2012, 08:14   #214
Senior - BHPian

Not activated/available in my car for sure.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:28   #215
BHPian

Hello everyone, got another set of wipers.

Bosch again, and these are as per the specs in the Bosch catalogue 21" and 19". The 18" had it's outer tip off the windshield and was not wiping clearly.

This 19" sits exactly flush with the windshield border rubber (whatever it is called), and wipes clearer.

The only issue I have is the 19" covers a higher area till the top, whereas the 21" falls a bit short, from where the 19" stops and returns. Will try getting a picture.

Maybe 18" and 21" would've been ideal.

Car's gone for 30k service, done about 24k, there are a few niggles but nothing major.

Will update by EOD or tomorrow.
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:20   #216
Senior - BHPian

LOL, I also ordered a pair but 24" & 18" so let us see how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Thanks. Well, I had seen this brochure earlier and was confused because everyone on the forum mentioned 24" for the driver's side. That is when I measured the wipers myself and thought the brochure was incorrect.

I'm still using the wipers that came with the car and they seem to measure ~24" and ~18" (there might be a small error since I did not take the rubber out while taking the measurements, but it can't be 3 inches off).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hello everyone, got another set of wipers.

Bosch again, and these are as per the specs in the Bosch catalogue 21" and 19". The 18" had it's outer tip off the windshield and was not wiping clearly.

This 19" sits exactly flush with the windshield border rubber (whatever it is called), and wipes clearer.

The only issue I have is the 19" covers a higher area till the top, whereas the 21" falls a bit short, from where the 19" stops and returns. Will try getting a picture.

Maybe 18" and 21" would've been ideal.

Car's gone for 30k service, done about 24k, there are a few niggles but nothing major.

Will update by EOD or tomorrow.
Old 24th August 2012, 13:54   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
LOL, I also ordered a pair but 24" & 18" so let us see how it goes
Hahaha, now you tell me!

-------

On the service bit, the AC had started cooling lesser and the air vents towards the feet were not blowing as much air as they used to.

Clutch was a bit grainy, and scraping on pressing, plus the cigarette lighter + ashtray area bulbs had conked off.

Well, the service adviser called and explained that 2 belts need replacing, Alternator/AC and Power Steering, since they were at the last adjustment, dent 5k approx.

The coolant needed complete replacing, dent 1k.

Regular 30k service, dent 3.5k.

2 bulbs for the lighter+ashtray area, dent 200.

So I am looking at a 10k sum for 30k kms overhaul, it seems ok, maybe on the higher side owing to the belts alone.

I could've opted out of changing the belts now, but I barely get time for such work, and don't want a leisurely outing hampered in case one of the belts give way prior to next service.

24k kms is permissible for belts to wear out I hope.

Saw a set of C-drives on a Sonata this morning, real good quality rubber they seems to be.
Old 24th August 2012, 19:03   #218
Senior - BHPian

We have been using 24 and 18 on both my car and cousin's and the size is fine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post

On the service bit, the AC had started cooling lesser and the air vents towards the feet were not blowing as much air as they used to.
Did you get the AC filter cleaned, that could be a problem..

Quote:
Clutch was a bit grainy, and scraping on pressing.
Could have got it bleeded plus some spray on the lever in the trasmission area could do the trick. On 24k done car, clutch should be good.

Quote:
plus the cigarette lighter + ashtray area bulbs had conked off.
I have changed them once, costed some 200 rupees from ASC.

Quote:
Well, the service adviser called and explained that 2 belts need replacing, Alternator/AC and Power Steering, since they were at the last adjustment, dent 5k approx.
Ridiculous..I cant believe that both the belts could go wrong in 24k kms. An answer is definitely needed either from ASC or from Mitsubishi. I got my car's timing belt changed this tuesday. The belt had started to get hard but could still do another 10-15k kms. But then the AC and powesteering belts were in perfect order. 89k kms on the clock and they still looking in good condition. I believe the ASC just changed them to make money.

In btw: I paid 4.5k including labour for the timing belt.

Quote:
The coolant needed complete replacing, dent 1k.
Again the inteval for changing coolant is 2 years or 40k kms. Was it really needed?

Quote:
I could've opted out of changing the belts now, but I barely get time for such work, and don't want a leisurely outing hampered in case one of the belts give way prior to next service.

24k kms is permissible for belts to wear out I hope.
Recommended change for these belts is 80-100 kms..

Quote:
Saw a set of C-drives on a Sonata this morning, real good quality rubber they seems to be.
Get Yoko v550s, excellent tires as I have said again.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th August 2012 at 19:11.
Old 24th August 2012, 19:22   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
We have been using 24 and 18 on both my car and cousin's and the size is fine..

Did you get the AC filter cleaned, that could be a problem..
The service guy said the Cedia doesn't come with an AC filter, only Outlander ad Montero do.

I clearly remember having posted here also, I was told my model of Cedia comes with the AC filter, all newer models do i.e. Jan 2012 onwards, mine's a 2011.

Quote:
Could have got it bleeded plus some spray on the lever in the trasmission area could do the trick. On 24k done car, clutch should be good.

I have changed them once, costed some 200 rupees from ASC.

Ridiculous..I cant believe that both the belts could go wrong in 24k kms. An answer is definitely needed either from ASC or from Mitsubishi. I got my car's timing belt changed this tuesday. The belt had started to get hard but could still do another 10-15k kms. But then the AC and powesteering belts were in perfect order. 89k kms on the clock and they still looking in good condition. I believe the ASC just changed them to make money.

In btw: I paid 4.5k including labour for the timing belt.

Again the inteval for changing coolant is 2 years or 40k kms. Was it really needed?

Recommended change for these belts is 80-100 kms..
Well the belts were on their last adjust, so maybe could've lasted another 5-10k kms, but fact the car had gone today I didn't think twice. And this is not the timing belt is it?

Bulbs yes were 200 only.

Coolant they agreed interval is 2 years of 40k but it had gone watery.

Belts were the only grey area, and since I was not there personally, so cant say.

Quote:
Get Yoko v550s, excellent tires as I have said again.
Old 24th August 2012, 22:34   #220
BHPian

Has anyone else also experienced coolant getting watery? Any particular reasons for this? I've not seen this happening in other vehicles.
Old 25th August 2012, 15:44   #221
BHPian

The car got dropped back last night.

Checked the belts, they've not hardened a bit, and in all honesty look nice and sprightly- called the service advisor and he apologetically said "they were at their last adjust" hence recommended to change; could've lasted few thousand more.

Checked air filter, they did not put a new one as requested by me. I get the filter replaced every service. The service guy gave me gyaan yesterday that it wasn't required etc, but I had categorically asked for it to be changed. It is near grey-black with quite a bit of deposit on outer side- he called back today to apologize that it was not in stock.

Checked bill, there is a mention of Fuel Pump Assy replacement under warranty- am told they replaced the entire assembly (worth 45k) under warranty. Not even going there as to why and what not, it's done so it's done, had enough gory tales so far.

They used to mention Motul in the Engine Oil (10W-30 API-SJ), but now they don't.

Belts replaced are 'Water Pump Drive Belt' and the 'Power Steering Oil Pump V-Belt'.

Have asked for the Air Filter to be sent across as soon as they get stocks.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:09   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers
The car got dropped back last night.

Checked bill, there is a mention of Fuel Pump Assy replacement under warranty- am told they replaced the entire assembly (worth 45k) under warranty. Not even going there as to why and what not, it's done so it's done.
Looks like some sort of recall. Today I received a call from aquest to send the car for fuel pump replacement.
Old 4th September 2012, 11:16   #223
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Finally Mitsubishi is recalling something. Is there some criteria? e.g. age of car/ number of KM clocked? or something else?
Old 4th September 2012, 13:23   #224
BHPian

I got it replaced couple of weeks back and its definitely recall from HM, but doubt 45k tag.
Old 4th February 2013, 13:16   #225
BHPian

Hello everyone, belated greetings of the new year!

Quick update here on RED, clocked 30k and got the 40k periodic service done.

Had a small setback this Sunday morning before last, was sleepy and was called to move car from my parking owing to paint work in the complex.

Banged the hood of the underground water storage tank, totally my fault, missed seeing it to my right as I reversed! My first hit in ownership so far, and it HURT, the wife urged and helped me to forget about it!!

Pic attached below, getting damage tended to this coming weekend. Will get a bumper repair guy outside to do it since only the skirting is broken.

Car's running fine, slight rattles here and there but I live with them, for e.g. from the passenger side B pillar, the continued rattle from steering, a faint tap-pop-tap-tap-pop sound from under the hood when at low speeds in traffic and the clutch pedal returns a 'click' at times on pressing.

Rest is all cool, AC used to smell of a dirty wet cloth, one that's left to stand in water for too long.

Even got the AC cabin filter fitted in this 4th service. (oh, and they forgot to change the Air Filter this time too!)

Have ordered a set of the Cedia Sports floor mats, they cost about 4k, but should be worth it since my driver side mat has frayed where I place the heel and the passenger side is almost grey now with the frequent wash+scrub.

Got some paint sprays on the body owing to the recent paint job etc in complex, will visit 3M once it's done and rested- the Aquest guys didn't have a car cover and I was too lazy to go to Milan Subway.

The car rides fine, and I mean really fine, and I will sign out at that.

There are times when I ride alongside a VW, Skoda, Toyota or a Honda and feel these guys cant make that turn or maybe just smile when some over enthusiastic driver races ahead in an Optra or SX4. But somewhere in my mind I am thinking- there is no way I would've been driving any other car.

Plan to get another year's extended warranty for the 4th year, that's if they allow, do let me know if anyone has.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img2013012700011.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks