Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 22:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
However, I made a small observation today. The punto has a feature of auto lock all doors as soon as the car crosses 20 kmph; but all 4 doors can be opened easily from within. You the pull the lever and the door is open. Isn't that unsafe when you have kids on rear seats and you haven't engaged the child lock?
Great to hear about the highway performance.
As for the door being unlocked it does sound unsafe. Please ensure that your child locking is activated. I always do that when kids are around, and even more so when adults are around (kid is belted up in the car seat, and IMHO some adults are more fidgety and have longer reach!)
Old 5th February 2011, 07:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

First of all, I think that is why the child lock feature is provided. 2nd the Punto will give you a loud audible warning, if any of the doors get opened even a bit while driving, and the MID will show you which door is unlocked too, so you can take necessary action.
Old 5th February 2011, 14:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
The punto has a feature of auto lock all doors as soon as the car crosses 20 kmph; but all 4 doors can be opened easily from within. You the pull the lever and the door is open. Isn't that unsafe when you have kids on rear seats and you haven't engaged the child lock?
It's a safety feauture to prevent yourself from getting locked inside, in the event of any flooding or accident. I guess most european cars have that.
Even Polo is the same.
Child lock is a must when you have kids in the rear seats.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:45   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

However, I made a small observation today. The punto has a feature of auto lock all doors as soon as the car crosses 20 kmph; but all 4 doors can be opened easily from within. You the pull the lever and the door is open. Isn't that unsafe when you have kids on rear seats and you haven't engaged the child lock?
This one design is what I hate most in my car. I saw this type of door lock first in Fiesta. The door lock opening makes absolutely no sense. What is the use of a door lock which opens the door when you pull the door opening lever. Don't the engineers have this much of coomon sense when they design other parts keeping very minute details in mind???

The child locks can be used to protect against this.
but child locks are present only on rear doors.
Accidentally if some adult pulls the lever sitting in the front seat...its really unsafe
Old 7th February 2011, 12:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

1000 kms update

hello all,

the punters back in town after a 600 round trip to surat.

The car was rock solid on highways and was extremely stable and comfortable at high speeds. I know i am supposed to maintain the run in period, but occasional 100 kmph wouldn't do any harm

We started off on Saturday morning and hit the 1000 kms mark at on way to surat.
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img00126201102051320.jpg
On the highway the car was showing inst mileage of 17.5 to 19 kmpl; which i am OK with as of now.

PUNTER also had its refill for the 3rd time and the over all second mileage came out at 15.9 kmpl this had a mix of highway and city driving. The only way i am currently calculating my mileage is tank ful to tank ful method.
Sadly we didn't get time or chance to get some nice pics of the beauty. As of now the ODO reads at 1450 kms. so that works out at 145 kms per day
Old 8th February 2011, 11:35   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

145 kms a day ! Thats quite some running.

Looking forward to your comments on the Garware icecool.
Old 8th February 2011, 13:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
145 kms a day ! Thats quite some running.

Looking forward to your comments on the Garware icecool.
Hey,

145 kms / day is the worked out average. The Garware ice cool review will take a few weeks as the heat is setting in and would only know then how effective that is. My car is parked in open parking space at office from 10 am to 6 pm every day and in the past few days not once i found the car over heated from inside.
Old 14th February 2011, 12:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

2000 kms update.

The car has successfully completed 2000 kms mark in about 17 days of ownership. 4 highway trips so far. The mileage at last refil i got was 18.6 kmpl. It involved 70% highway & 30% city driving with 100% AC on.

The only disappointing factor till date for me has been the audio quality. I am trying to save some Vitamin M and upgrade the speakers ASAP. The first service due is at 3k kms or 3 months. I think my 3k kms will be completed within the 1st month of ownership itself.

I plan to take the car to vapi on 24th of this month. back and forth should be about 800 kms i think. The punter also got its first scratch. One drunk tempo dude didn't see the car and just banged into it. The car was parked on the side of the road. I wasn't even driving. its a small one on the right rear door.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 14th February 2011 at 12:06.
Old 14th February 2011, 12:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear that harshal, i know first scratch always hurt, but thats part and life of driving manners here.You would settle down with that.Good to see you enjoying that mill to the fullest.Looking forward to see your first service experience.
Old 16th March 2011, 12:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My punter is now 3340 kms old. Hit the Ghats of Mt. Abu yesterday. Excellent handling and fantastic road manners. Totally impressed. Now the car is supposed to go in for its 1st 3k kms service tomorrow. what are the things i need to check upon in this.

please let me know so i can get it all in place. Hitting the highways again the coming weekend and car should cross 4k kms by the end of that trip.

Thanks.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:44   #71
BHPian

You are clocking miles as if you are staying in the car. A diesel car does make you drive more.

BTW-: How are the interiors holding up? Seeing any white patches on the door arm-rests etc. Just checking to see if its any better than the older Punto.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
You are clocking miles as if you are staying in the car. A diesel car does make you drive more.

BTW-: How are the interiors holding up? Seeing any white patches on the door arm-rests etc. Just checking to see if its any better than the older Punto.
Hey,

The diesel does make you want to drive more; but the punter makes the want even more. We ditched the cedia and preferred the punto as I had an itch to test it on the ghats. Got a booking for day after for its 1st service.

The interiors are holding up pretty well. So far no niggles. The dash board does look a bit out of place now but that's ok. Liveable. More pics post the service centre.

Cheers!!!
Old 16th March 2011, 22:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

My punter is now 3340 kms old. Hit the Ghats of Mt. Abu yesterday. Excellent handling and fantastic road manners. Totally impressed. Now the car is supposed to go in for its 1st 3k kms service tomorrow. what are the things i need to check upon in this.

please let me know so i can get it all in place. Hitting the highways again the coming weekend and car should cross 4k kms by the end of that trip.

Thanks.
The first service is just a formality, a general checkup will be done on the car apart from topping up fluids if necessary.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:09   #74

[quote=h@r$h@l;2228621]Hello People,

Had a small query. I was just reading GTO's Initial report on Punto and noticed the Music system had Blaupunkt mentioned on it and mine doesnt have any make mentioned.

Hi harshal, Firstly congratulations on the wonderful buy and boy!! it looks stunning in Tuscan Wine. Regarding the Music system thing we have a '10 Linea even it does not have the Blaupunkt marking. Also along with the manuals and other stuff i got a quick start guide from "BOSCH" for the Music System. So i have been assuming that the unit is manufactured by BOSCH.. Do correct me if im mistaken.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

My car went in for its 3k kms service last week. As mentioned above it was just a routine check up etc. I was very much disappointed by the way my car was handled.

I reached the service center at 9 am as advised by them and i was promptly attended by a service rep assigned for Punto. What impressed me was that ASPI motors has a team dedicated for different cars. They explained to me that the 1st service will be just checking and cleaning / washing the car. The person there kept pushing me to get the Teflon coating done to which i firmly said NO and i guess thats what upset him the most.

I got a sms from ASPI at 11:45 stating that my car is ready and can be collected anytime after Lunch hours. Around 1:30 i got a call saying that their system is facing an issue and its sending out sms and they asked me to come around 5 pm. Reached the service center around 5:30 and found the car ready and was happy that it looked nice and clean from inside, but they had something else in store for me. Instead of cleaning the car, they had made a mess of it. the car was not cleaned at all and instead their mechanic had left some cloth of my front 2 seats which left stains on them. The cloth was used to clean some oily part and which has now left a dried mark on my seats.

Upon closer inspection i found that the car had not been cleaned at all. all the dirt marks were as it is. Upon this the service rep got offensive and started telling me that seats were dirty when we handed them in morning and it was not their fault etc etc. I had no choice but to scream and give that person a earful. I went in and demanded to see the manager and they too were of no help. all useless. Few minutes later i see i have 4 to 5 people joining me to protest against the quality of service offered by ASPI and each had complaints more serious than mine. seeing the crowd gather the service rep asked me to calm down and requested me not to take this matter further to the company during the feedback call. my answer to him was simple
"you didnt dirty the seats asking me, so i dont need to ask u what to do"

I got a call from FIAT PUNE and on rating out of 10 i rated each part (MINUS)-10 out of 10
The lady on call was very polite and has assured that someone will contact me in this week from the regional visit and do the needful.

Pics for reference . btw, the car is not 4100 kms old. took it for another weekend run to Surat. Got an overall mileage of 17.8 kmpl.
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img2011031800059.jpg

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img2011031800058.jpg

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img2011032300112.jpg

Last edited by Stratos : 23rd March 2011 at 12:03. Reason: As requested
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks