Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 10:29   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Front: Hertz DSK 165 Comp
Rear: Hertz ECX 165 Co-ax
Just stumbled upon this. As you are happy with the results, with this combination and the stock head unit, I am going to take the plunge and get two sets of components. Were you there during the installation? I would like to know if the rear doors can accommodate a component speaker system. Are the tweeters mounted in stock location, that is, where the door release level is?
Old 22nd December 2012, 00:15   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

Just stumbled upon this. As you are happy with the results, with this combination and the stock head unit, I am going to take the plunge and get two sets of components. Were you there during the installation? I would like to know if the rear doors can accommodate a component speaker system. Are the tweeters mounted in stock location, that is, where the door release level is?
Sandeep.. While I am very happy with the set up.. The speakers were not a perfect fit in terms of size. The comps cannot be fitted at the rear and the tweeters do not fit into stock location at the front.. After a lot of thought and gimmicks.. It was somehow fitted in the stock location..better to fit the tweeters in the dash.. Having said that the sound quality is great. I am happy with the sound quality.
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:04   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sandeep.. While I am very happy with the set up.. The speakers were not a perfect fit in terms of size. The comps cannot be fitted at the rear and the tweeters do not fit into stock location at the front.. After a lot of thought and gimmicks.. It was somehow fitted in the stock location..better to fit the tweeters in the dash.. Having said that the sound quality is great. I am happy with the sound quality.
Yes. The rear cannot take any speakers bigger than 5 1/4 speakers. The tweeter part is interesting.

How did you manage to put the tweeters in the stock location.
Old 23rd December 2012, 14:11   #199
BHPian

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Hello All,

An update after a long time. The T-Jet has been doing the duty very well when called for. The running has reduced very much to the extent of 200kms a month max to max with XUV and "NANO" also joining the bandwagon.

Yes, I got a BUG (Nano) which is accompanying the Beauty (T-Jet) and the Beast (XUV). Yes, they all have mastered the ART OF CO-EXISTENCE.

The Jet is now 2 years old with ~25000kms on the ODO and it was time for the 3rd Free Service. Actually "Free" Service is a mis-nomer.

There was NO problem with the Jet. No squeaks, rattles or any mechanical problems. Everything was good with the Jet. With this background I took the Jet for the 3rd Free Service.

Was received well by the Service Center folks. The best Service Experience that usually get is only with the Jet (compared to XUV, Swift, Alto and other vehicles that I have owned). And another important aspect - the NANO also came for 1st Free Service along with the Jet (Nano is now 1500kms old). My wife was on the Nano's wheels. Together we went to the TAFE REACH, GREAMS ROAD, CHENNAI Service station by 9AM sharp.

Two people attended me immediately and many people from the Service Center were curious to know how did the Factory Visit (that we did on Dec 6th) go. Info about any new launches, Abarth variants, JEEP etc.

They asked me if there were any issues with the Jet and the Nano. With the Jet, there were none. It was a pure play 3rd Service (General checkup and change of oils). With Nano there was one issue - sometimes it does not start at the first crank. Once I told this, they immediately agreed to change the Fuel Pump (looks like it was a known issue). They asked me to come at 5PM in the evening to collect both the cars.

We came back home, took some rest and reached SC by 6.30PM in the evening. Saw a bill of Rs.7910 for the Linea and Rs.0 for the Nano. Was surprised to see a heavy amount for Linea and then realized changing ALL the oils / coolant etc. ran this high bill. I agreed to pay the bill, immediately took delivery of the bug and the beauty. However they warned me of the wearing brake pads in the Jet which would require replacement in another 2000-3000kms. I just laughed and said that it will be due for next labor service (4th one) before it will run that much and left the SC.

Came back home and the drive was silky smooth. My wife said Nano was also good. Some adrenaline run on my way back in the Jet after a long time and it was pure bliss. Again was convinced to have the Jet at home eventhough there is NO real use. Everytime I drive it, its a reassurance that there is more to driving than just moving people.

Again a super Service experience from FIAT and TATA (First time with the NANO). Hats off.

List of oils replaced -

Fuel Filter - Rs. 448
Oil Filter - Rs. 402
Air Filter - Rs. 531
Transmission Oil - Rs.891 (2Lit)
Brake Fluid - Rs.88
Collant - Rs.1258 (5Lit)
Wheel Weight - Rs.114 (2 weights of each 65gm)
Power Streering Oil - Rs.429 (1Lit)
Engine Oil - Rs.2130 (~4Lit)
Fitment charges for Wheel Balancing - Rs. 480
Other Items - Rs. 148

Total- Rs.7910

Wheel balancing charges could have been avoided but I didn't worry too much with the experience I got. All in all a good 3rd Service experience.

Some pics that I took in the night (with my mobile camera)..

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-20121.jpg
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-20122.jpg
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-20124.jpg
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-20123.jpg

and NKRISHNAP - The tweeters were fixed by pasting the tweeters with permanent pastes (I dont remember what they are now). But it was quite a task. Took some 2-3 hrs actually to alter the position and to fix them!

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 23rd December 2012 at 14:13.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:42   #200
Senior - BHPian

Normally all oils will be changed in 60K or 5th service. Why did you changed it in 3rd service and that too at 25K. Whether you requested for the same or for petrol model, is it different?
I am very sure about Diesels.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 23rd December 2012 at 18:46.
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:49   #201
BHPian

It's two years or 60 K whichever comes first.

Glad to hear consistent good feedback about TAFE. Hopefully they take the Fiat service part alteast.
Old 24th December 2012, 00:44   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
It's two years or 60 K whichever comes first.

Glad to hear consistent good feedback about TAFE. Hopefully they take the Fiat service part alteast.
Yes, Its two years or 60k. That is what the manual states and the SC folks followed it.

Yeah, TASS is consistently good. Hope the new SC's continue the same way..
Old 30th December 2012, 23:05   #203
BHPian

Whatever little I can do to create awareness about FIAT..

Have designed and printed a Custom made FIAT T-Shirt to create some brand awareness.. Now wearing this when I go to some malls or some places where generally there is crowd..

I even had a couple of folks asking whether Ferrari was FIAT at a Friends' party. Felt happy that it is working!!

Have also created a Custom 2013 Calender which I will have at my workplace. It has some of the best shots of my friend Sriram - both FIAT and my XUV. (Sorry NANO,you will find a place in 2014, if you prove yourself)
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-photo.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 09:04   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have designed and printed a Custom made FIAT T-Shirt to create some brand awareness.. Now wearing this when I go to some malls or some places where generally there is crowd..

I even had a couple of folks asking whether Ferrari was FIAT at a Friends' party. Felt happy that it is working!!

Have also created a Custom 2013 Calender which I will have at my workplace. It has some of the best shots of my friend Sriram - both FIAT and my XUV. (Sorry NANO,you will find a place in 2014, if you prove yourself)
Nice Bro. Whenever I speak about Fiat, I explain about the brands that fiat owned. But people are definitely having doubt on my words. So I open up Wiki and show them the brands and they happily agree and realize the Fiat as a Car Maker and why would I always clinch on FIAT as a brand.
Happy to have a Fiat in my Garage and servers me for 4 long years and 50K+ Kms with at most Comfort & Driving Pleasure.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 10:13   #205
BHPian

Yes Karthik. Just trying to do whatever little I can to create awareness on FIAT and its products.
Old 17th March 2013, 04:24   #206
BHPian

TJet - 3rd Free Service - 25000kms update

As everyone knew, with the Nano and the XUV doing the daily chores, T-Jet gets a chance only when I am in the mood to do some "driving".

With that, she has seen only a few hundreds more over the last year and now the ODO just stands a little over 25k but she has completed 2yrs with me. Absolute fun everytime I am with her. Agility and precision - these are her strengths and she delivers loads of it everytime.

Took her for the 3rd free service at the newly opened FIAT SC (RDC motors at Ekattuthangal, Chennai). It wasn't new at all for me (except the location), since ALL the faces were known (they all moved from TAFE Reach, Greams road SC), it was being at home and Service experience was good and as usual.

Mr.Tenzing took charge of the vehicle and changed the consumables necessary.

Noticed, there is a larger wear in her front shoes (blame those wheelspins everytime from the traffic lights) and the SC guys also said that her brake pads at the rear are giving up (strange actually).. they showed it to me and it looked like, it will hold good for a few hundred kms more. Front pads looked like, it will last for another 5k types.

So paid around 7,000 for the Service (consumables) and left home with no issues in the car. Didn't change the brake pads / tyres since the car is running very very rarely.

But in a few hundred kms after the service, there was a weird noise from the steering column and the rear brake pads also started to make some noise. Took it to RDC Motors again; Tenzing quickly inspected the vehicle and said that the stud insulator has given up. He changed it under warranty (eventhough the vehicle was little over two yrs) since that sound was occasionally coming even during the third service. Brake pads costed me Rs.5800 and a labor of Rs.750. Took the car back home and now she is again resting.

Have decided to drive her for some time regularly in Mar / Apr (do the office duty). Lets see how it goes.

All in all, very usual and good service exp. from FIAT once again. Eagerly awaiting the Abarth (Minimum 165ps) / Jeep.
Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 08:57   #207
Senior - BHPian

Re: Whatever little I can do to create awareness about FIAT..

Quote:

That's brilliant Sathya! But this is what is really appalling. Despite having die-hard fans like you, Brand Fiat isn't able to sell great cars like Punto and Linea in India. Kudos that you have started spreading the awareness!
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 13:33   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TJet - 3rd Free Service - 25000kms update

Quote:
Never knew Dodge is from the same stable! What is the brand on the right most end, with the blue background??

I guess Ferrari should have been slightly bigger than the rest, and in red background. My personal choice though.

Edit:: Is yellow the original background color? Other logos look like you managed to re-create original colors, so Ferrari also should be wearing original colors!

Quote:
....the SC guys also said that her brake pads at the rear are giving up (strange actually)...Front pads looked like, it will last for another 5k types.
I believe, technically speaking, the rear brake pads should be called SHOES & front ones should be called PADS! This is what I was told, by a Maruti SA. So when they refer brake "pads", they mean front and when they say "shoes", the mean rear.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th March 2013 at 13:35.
Old 17th March 2013, 13:36   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Never knew Dodge is from the same stable! What is the brand on the right most end, with the blue background??

I guess Ferrari should have been slightly bigger than the rest, and in red background. My personal choice though.

I believe, technically speaking, the rear brake pads should be called SHOES & front ones should be called PADS! This is what I was told, by a Maruti SA. So when they refer brake "pads", they mean front and when they say "shoes", the mean rear.
That's only if your car has front discs and rear drums as in most maruti s ..t jet has discs all around so it's pads front n rear
docaxe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 17:45   #210
BHPian

Re: TJet - 3rd Free Service - 25000kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

The blue one is the LANCIA from FIAT stable. TJet comes with all wheel disc and hence quoted as pads.. If the rear ones are drums, then shoes are right.

and yes Ferrari could have been better. The next T-Shirt will be out soon as well

Will post it.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks