Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 08:47   #16
BHPian

re: Sea grey Figo TDCi : One year report @17000KMs

I think this is the reverse parking sensor from autocop costing around 2800. I saw it in my friends santro recently. Congrats anil for the car. Drive slow and safe..
Old 27th December 2010, 10:24   #17
BHPian

Has anybody tried to fit in USB cable for ICE in Figo? A photograph will be helpful. Is it possible to fit in a dead pedal in Figo? From pictures it appears that there is enogh space for doing so.
Old 27th December 2010, 11:20   #18
BHPian

does this "type" of parking sensor (by type i mean the one showing those images in the rvm) have a specific name?
I wonder if I can get this fixed in lucknow..
Thanks
Old 27th December 2010, 12:35   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Pfff... A nasty reason to get a car. Happy to know that you both were not injured much in that incident. And a great car definitely. The colour, the car's design, and the lovely alloys...Simply magnetic. I can swear to this since I daily admire her .
For the place where we work, coming on bike is really like riding in "Maut ka Kua". Safety was the reason I shifted to 4 wheels too.

And sad to know of the dents and scratches you had without much in your control. It gives a feeling of the pinnacle of helplessness really when that happens to us. But don't let it stagnate in your mind. We really now have to accept that when we pay some 6L odd, we also get this on-road experiences package for free. On our roads, driving safe, thinking of those seen in the windscreen as well as the mirrors doesn't pay much dividends. Nobody cares of our cars out there...A bit rotten mentality.

Anyway, great that she is in good shape as new after the bruises. Keep your tips and tricks coming!
Old 27th December 2010, 15:23   #20
BHPian

Nice to see your ownership thread. You have been a great help on the Figo thread researching and answering problems. I have not been able to view the Gauge video yet as youtube is blocked in the office. Waiting to run home!
Old 27th December 2010, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The gear shift is acceptable, though I would have loved it smoother. the reverse gear has to be engaged with some power, girls may have some problems! I guess this is intended to avoid accidental shift to reverse gear during driving.
Try this,

Depress clutch completely, Put first gear, and then put reverse gear! This should make putting gear easier. I had same issue with my fiesta too! After lots of inspections (during service period of course), finally a knowledgeable Service rep told me how to do it! After this slotting the reverse isn't a issue at all!
Old 27th December 2010, 18:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Try this,

Depress clutch completely, Put first gear, and then put reverse gear! This should make putting gear easier. I had same issue with my fiesta too! After lots of inspections (during service period of course), finally a knowledgeable Service rep told me how to do it! After this slotting the reverse isn't a issue at all!
RaguHolla, yeah that does solve the problem on any transmission hating to engage in the reverse. But its a pretty crude way isn't it? I mean, cars cost a lot, and at that cost, one expects these things to be worked well upon...Its our "accommodating" Indian nature that allows these things to survive. "It isn't an issue at all" is not exactly right. It may be an issue, that we kind people agree to live with, only because the service guys are too lazy to take more work.

@Anilisanil, does this happen only when shifting from some other gear into reverse? If thats the case, just let go of the clutch pedal at neutral and then repress it and engage neutral. That should solve it. Generally happens since the reverse gear is NOT synchro-mesh. This used to happen on ALL gear changes in past, when synchro-mesh wasn't yet available. If the issue is present even when first shift is into neutral (say from your parking) then its either a problem or a security measure as you've guessed. I know you have not at all mentioned this as an issue, but mentioning my thoughts since I had similar problems in past. Is the Figo's transmission cable driven? Or the normal one? I had this problem with my Omni which had metallic arms connecting the stick to the gearbox. After dancing in front of the service advisers for some minutes, they did agree that it was a problem and got that corrected eventually. Ask them to check if the cables are properly aligned and tensioned etc.
Old 27th December 2010, 20:51   #23
BHPian

Congrats Anil for the Ford. That reverse gear problem is normally there because of spur gears being used. Get rid of the dent on the hatch door ASAP.
I would like to have more details about your parking sensor. In the meanwhile, happy mile crunching.
Old 27th December 2010, 21:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
congrats for the scratches being painted. but i have one more question, in your second post, the second picture shows a green car with a cartoon beside it on your rear view mirror(possibly being reflected from the rear window), what is that, something to do with the parking sensors?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
I think this is the reverse parking sensor from autocop costing around 2800. I saw it in my friends santro recently. Congrats anil for the car. Drive slow and safe..

they are by crosslink wheels. four sensors cost me 4100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Has anybody tried to fit in USB cable for ICE in Figo? A photograph will be helpful. Is it possible to fit in a dead pedal in Figo? From pictures it appears that there is enogh space for doing so.

here you go

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2060630

It is pretty easy, the search function does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
does this "type" of parking sensor (by type i mean the one showing those images in the rvm) have a specific name?
I wonder if I can get this fixed in lucknow..
Thanks
Check it out, I bought it in Pune though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Pfff... A nasty reason to get a car. Happy to know that you both were not injured much in that incident. And a great car definitely. The colour, the car's design, and the lovely alloys...Simply magnetic. I can swear to this since I daily admire her .
For the place where we work, coming on bike is really like riding in "Maut ka Kua". Safety was the reason I shifted to 4 wheels too.

And sad to know of the dents and scratches you had without much in your control. It gives a feeling of the pinnacle of helplessness really when that happens to us. But don't let it stagnate in your mind. We really now have to accept that when we pay some 6L odd, we also get this on-road experiences package for free. On our roads, driving safe, thinking of those seen in the windscreen as well as the mirrors doesn't pay much dividends. Nobody cares of our cars out there...A bit rotten mentality.

Anyway, great that she is in good shape as new after the bruises. Keep your tips and tricks coming!
Thanks Reinhard!!, we still need to meet :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Nice to see your ownership thread. You have been a great help on the Figo thread researching and answering problems. I have not been able to view the Gauge video yet as Youtube is blocked in the office. Waiting to run home!
Thanks Deep Blue, hope the video helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Try this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
RaguHolla, yeah that does solve the problem on any transmission hating to engage in the reverse. But its a pretty crude way isn't it? I mean, cars cost a lot, and at that cost, one expects these things to be worked well upon...Its our "accommodating" Indian nature that allows these things to survive. "It isn't an issue at all" is not exactly right. It may be an issue, that we kind people agree to live with, only because the service guys are too lazy to take more work.

@Anilisanil, does this happen only when shifting from some other gear into reverse? If thats the case, just let go of the clutch pedal at neutral and then repress it and engage neutral. That should solve it. Generally happens since the reverse gear is NOT synchro-mesh. This used to happen on ALL gear changes in past, when synchro-mesh wasn't yet available. If the issue is present even when first shift is into neutral (say from your parking) then its either a problem or a security measure as you've guessed. I know you have not at all mentioned this as an issue, but mentioning my thoughts since I had similar problems in past. Is the Figo's transmission cable driven? Or the normal one? I had this problem with my Omni which had metallic arms connecting the stick to the gearbox. After dancing in front of the service advisers for some minutes, they did agree that it was a problem and got that corrected eventually. Ask them to check if the cables are properly aligned and tensioned etc.
The gear does engage properly, albeit it does not slot if we do not use force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats Anil for the Ford. That reverse gear problem is normally there because of spur gears being used. Get rid of the dent on the hatch door ASAP.
I would like to have more details about your parking sensor. In the meanwhile, happy mile crunching.
As above. The dents have been cleared a long ago!!
Old 27th December 2010, 22:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats anilisanil, I hope you are doing full justice to the diesel and driving around enough! Great report - I am glad you are having fun with the ***
Old 27th December 2010, 22:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Perfect. What about dead pedal?
Old 28th December 2010, 09:55   #27
BHPian

Great review Anil.
The unearthing of the additional info on the digital meter is truly interesting, amazing find there , i'm yet to check it in my car though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Thanks a lot. Perfect. What about dead pedal?
Hi Ajay,
As you have seen in the above thread, the owner have created a cable as DIY and used it. Alternatively you have an option to buy the same cable as a Ford Genuine Accessory, though it's a tad overpriced (1K+ for a simple cable!!). The cable is connected to the back of the head unit and the other end is placed in the glove box compartment where you can safely hide your usb drive connected to it.

Regarding the dead pedal, the space to the left of the clutch pedal is very limited and it's almost impossible to install a full-sized dead pedal. My shoe size is 10+ and my foot does not fit on the left of the clutch pedal. Coming from a Santro Xing, I honestly find this a sore point in an otherwise awesome driving experience. You can try and install a strip-style pedal if you really feel a need for it. I have no idea how that can be done though.

Last edited by jayded : 28th December 2010 at 09:56.
Old 28th December 2010, 11:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Great review Anil.
The unearthing of the additional info on the digital meter is truly interesting, amazing find there , i'm yet to check it in my car though
Thanks Jayded, hope it helps you!!

Quote:

Regarding the dead pedal, the space to the left of the clutch pedal is very limited and it's almost impossible to install a full-sized dead pedal. My shoe size is 10+ and my foot does not fit on the left of the clutch pedal. Coming from a Santro Xing, I honestly find this a sore point in an otherwise awesome driving experience. You can try and install a strip-style pedal if you really feel a need for it. I have no idea how that can be done though.

I dont think messing around with the well there would be a good idea. If I were you I would rather leave it there. I did a lot of highway driving, but never felt the need for dead pedal. I am 6 feet tall and my shoe size is 9
Old 28th December 2010, 11:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think messing around with the well there would be a good idea. If I were you I would rather leave it there. I did a lot of highway driving, but never felt the need for dead pedal. I am 6 feet tall and my shoe size is 9
Believe me, if you were me, you would be thinking on the same lines since I did all my driving in a car which had a dead pedal and that is something which I miss (and wish was present) in the Figo.

And by the way, I don't have any plans to install a "jugaad" pedal and thereby spoil the look of the interior. I just said that it could be tried since Ajay seem to be wanting it badly.

As for me, I will get used to the lack of the pedal, I have no other option do I? In fact, I have started to not care for it now already. Contrary to others who miss it on highways, I miss it mostly in the city where there is need for frequent clutch usage and it's pain for me to move my leg back and forth all the time.
Old 28th December 2010, 11:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Believe me, if you were me, you would be thinking on the same lines since I did all my driving in a car which had a dead pedal and that is something which I miss (and wish was present) in the Figo.
Argh!!! I understand it pretty much!!

BTW I do remember a member doing some jugaad to add the dead pedal. Let me see if I can find the link. He just addeda wooden pedal to left of clutch, I personally thought it does more harm than good. Is there any way one can "install", properly I mean, a dead pedal for Figo or any car for that matter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks