Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 23:10   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for the first Aria on Team-Bhp. Wish you many happy miles !!

Please post pics of the interior. A good buy indeed.
Old 3rd November 2010, 23:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for being the first Tata Aria owner on the forum

Please do keep us updated on the driving impressions. I'm looking forward for your review and pics.

Make sure that you always your seatbelt and drive safe.

Amith
Old 3rd November 2010, 23:16   #18
BHPian

Congratulations mate!

That's a sweet ride and hope you only have good experiences with the ARIA.

Do write the ownership experience soon
Old 3rd November 2010, 23:25   #19
naj
BANNED

Congratulations For the first Aria on T-Bhp.

Awaiting your in depth ownership review.Please post some pics too.
Cheers,
Naj
Old 4th November 2010, 00:31   #20
BHPian

congratz buddy!

Thats a nice teaser post.
Waiting for your driving experiance and yes..the pics
Old 4th November 2010, 01:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on possessing the first Aria on Team BHP.Heard some good reviews of Aria,barring the price factor.
Please post some photos of Interiors.
Old 4th November 2010, 03:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Does this mean you're nearing to complete the 1K mark so soon?
Currently my odo reads 1212. Most of this was spent on a day trip covering the following route:-

Bangalore -> Anekal -> Thally -> Denkanikottai -> Anchetti -> Billgundala -> Hogenakkal -> Pennaguram -> Mecheri -> Mettur -> Palar -> M. M. Hills -> Kollegal -> Madur -> Bangalore

Many thanks to k149in, ampere, jeevmenon, hvkumar and others for this route idea. Quite a bit of this route is through forest and ghat sections. The TN roads were in general good except the billgundala section. KA roads around Anekal and Palar to Madur were in bad shape.

Had done a few of the above segments earlier in NHC and had scrapped the bottom quite generously. With Aria we were able to keep that issue out of our mind and still have good ride quality as well as decent speed. Except for a loose rear number plate there was no other rattle or strange sounds from anywhere.

Two of the issues on my Pride Test Drive vehicle are absent on the Prestige that was delivered to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Negatives
  • Gear lever wasn't slotting as good as I would have liked. It was better than a 98 Maruti Esteem(my first car), but worse than Hyundai i10 or NHC
  • While running over bumps at 30-40 kmph a momentary feel of dissociated steering was felt (ESP/TC taking control?)
The gear slots reasonably well without any vagueness and the steering didn't have the disconnected feel on bumps and bad roads.

Some other points noted were:-
  • Doors auto-unlock as soon as you turn off the ignition (different from review/TD vehicles?)
  • Luggage compartment light does automatically go-off when the hatch door is closed (different from review/TD vehicles?)

There is a bit of gap between the left front wheel arch plastic cladding and body at the fender-bumper join. It isn't very much visible in this picture
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0471.jpg

It does look quite black from a distance in some lighting. Btw, on tataaria.com Night Shade Black and Quartz Black shade illustrations seems to be interchanged/mixed-up when I last checked
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0205.jpg
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0206.jpg
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0207.jpg

My right side read door needs extra force to close properly. In this picture it is not closed properly with normal effort
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0314.jpg

The only interior picture that I have as of now. Not sure about the format of the Navteq maps used in Pride variant. Ovi maps in general doesn't have lots of detail. For our trip we used NavComputer with Offline Google Maps created using Mobile Atlas Creator
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0293.jpg

I have started to like it from most angles
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0236.jpg
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0216.jpg
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0219.jpg
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0220.jpg
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0222.jpg

Would have loved to take it closer to Kaveri river banks. But will wait for run-in period / first service before that. Hope that the first service at 1500-1800 Km also doesn't require someone to come from Pune
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0231.jpg

Not sure in what order and combination the adapterra and 4x4 badges are to be placed. The Concorde guys have placed mine a bit carelessly
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0302.jpg

Many thanks to ashwinpak for most of the trip pictures. Will post more comments and photos of interior later in the week.
LobsterB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2010, 05:46   #23
BHPian

Wow - Nice set of pics and looks like you almost took ARIA to do some sort of Safari-ish driving It looks splendid in both the tarmac roads and with a back-drop of hill & mud.

Good one.
Old 4th November 2010, 06:54   #24
BHPian

Congratulations LobsterB. I had my reservations about the midnight black. But it looks stunning! The contrast between the greenery in the background and the vehicle is great.

By looking at the pictures I feel jealous.

Last edited by Trapezio : 4th November 2010 at 06:56.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure in what order and combination the adapterra and 4x4 badges are to be placed. The Concorde guys have placed mine a bit carelessly
Do Concorde guys fix these labels? I thought they come right from the plant isn't it? This is something like the D4D stickers that comes from Toyota factory & a dealer has nothing to do with it isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

How was the experience on third row on the bad stretches? Any comparison on Aria with Grande MKII is appreciated.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Two of the issues on my Pride Test Drive vehicle are absent on the Prestige that was delivered to me.

There is a bit of gap between the left front wheel arch plastic cladding and body at the fender-bumper join. It isn't very much visible in this picture

My right side read door needs extra force to close properly. In this picture it is not closed properly with normal effort
Attachment 448855
Congrats LobsterB. The first ARIA in TBHp. I also admire you for booking a TATA on its launch. Wish you all the best.

I went to Concorde to collect my RC and did a TD of Aria. The interiors are far better than Safari. Looking at pictures clicked by GTO, I thought the gear is similar to Safari.

I was plesantly surprised with the gear box. It was smooth and did not have the long throw as in Safari. The gears felt upmarketish. The interiors were superb.

The price ranges were out of my budget. However I left with a feeling whether I should have waited !!

Wish you happy miles and smiles.
Old 4th November 2010, 08:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

You've got some awesome pictures there Lobster. Tata Aria looks stunning in black.

Your vehicle's registration plate looks a bit strange to me. Why does the registration number end in alphabets and not numbers?

Amith
Old 4th November 2010, 09:04   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the ARIA. Believe this is the first ARIA on Team Bhp. Lovely pictures there

Enjoy many more happy miles with the ARIA

Last edited by nkrishnap : 4th November 2010 at 09:07.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats LobsterB. Your vehicle looks stunning. Infact the rear profile also looks cool now. Happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Your vehicle's registration plate looks a bit strange to me. Why does the registration number end in alphabets and not numbers?
Its been photoshopped to hide the real number.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice neat pix. Aria looks mean.

Quote:
Some other points noted were:-
  • Doors auto-unlock as soon as you turn off the ignition (different from review/TD vehicles?)
  • Luggage compartment light does automatically go-off when the hatch door is closed (different from review/TD vehicles?)
Its the same in Safari wrt to the locks.And the lights goes off in slow motion right ?

Most Viewed