Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 20:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: My VW Polo TDI Trendline at 2000 kms.

@uvmallya, good to hear that your car is doing well.

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
UVM, good to know that the car is now trouble free after 6k and has been stabilized. Even my car (petrol HL) is in the workshop for a similar kind of issue. Initially the car had minor vibrations and could be felt through steering column. After a few days, the engine warning light started blinking now and then. I reported that to dealer (palace cross Bangalore) and was checked but not rectified as they could not diagnose the problem. They lodged the complaint with VW and it took couple of weeks for them to get back. It happened at 13.5K KMs.

Our was the initial phase, under 11k on the clock when the problem came in, a couple of visits to the service center and the problem was identified at compression leak from the exhaust side of the engine head. Hence, the complete head assembly (except camshaft) and catalytic convertor was changed. At initial visits, the service center thought it was an ECU code. Here is the link to my ownership report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-10k-kms.html

They have to remove the head of the engine to replace the sensor. I hope they do it with perfection.

VW West Delhi atleast were very competent, I must appreciate their work skills, no issues since I got the vehicle back, it will be 2 months on 10 feb now. Also, have you asked for a loaner vehicle or refund of taxi fair for the days you will be without your vehicle. I have been reimbursed for the taxi bills, but thats after they got approval from VW.

Also, did the service center conduct a VAG-COM test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Please refer to Gaurav Chopra's thread. He faced the exact same problem. Initially, they replaced the sensor but the problem was not resolved. Later, they had to replace the entire engine head.
There have been various issues reported in this forum for different cars but not like the ones found in the Polo. Very scary indeed!

I still shiver when I think of the same. Also, I hope you wont mind me rectifying something here, initially, the problem was identified as a code in ECU, it was later that they figured out about the compression leak.
Quote:
UVM, how did you sign the satisfactory report? Did you sign it after going for a test drive or after a few days? Because this is one kind of a problem where you wont come to know immediately.

You certainly will, my car felt soo much different in the first drive itself. Also, you cannot take the vehicle back until you sign the satisfactory report. If the car has any issue, you have to tell them there and then. Sign only when you are completely satisfied, you have your right to object if you are not satisfied.

After a few days it might reaccur.

If they have traced down the right issue (i am sure they have since yours is not the only polo to have this issue), the problem should not reoccour.

Today i visited the workshop and the engine was dismantled. The defective sensor is a camshaft sensor and they had already replaced it with the new one. As adimicra said, they had replaced the entire assy where the sensor is placed.

What have they replaced, the camshaft sensor or the complete head assembly (valves, guides, head etc)?
Quote:
Thanks a lot uvmallya. Good info.

Just an observation...all the cars (the one i am aware of) which cuaght with this problem belong to the earlier set of polo.

You are quite right here, I have came across a couple of other polos from initial batch to have this problem.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th January 2011 at 20:49.
Old 31st January 2011, 08:31   #167
BHPian

@ Gaurav Chopra - We three are some of the few unlucky VW customers to have problems with our cars. As suggested by you it could be due to the cars being from the early production batches. I have come across another VW Polo owner who had an identical problem to that of my car but it was rectified by the dealer.
Wish you happy motoring in the days to come.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:47   #168
BHPian

@gaurav - what is VAG-COM test? Is it the same thing where they connect the ecm to their comp and diagnose the issue? If that is the case then they have done it.
about the replaced part, they have replaced the whole camshaft assembly. It is the lower part of the head. The upper cover is still the old one.
And about the dealer, they are very supportive and qualified. They are not as fast as the established brands but that is nothing to be worried of. Till now they have done their best.
About the loaner car, they told they dont have that facility right now.
Thank you guys...it has been wonderful info. Its always good to know what is happening in other places. long live TBHP.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:
@gaurav - what is VAG-COM test? Is it the same thing where they connect the ecm to their comp and diagnose the issue? If that is the case then they have done it.
about the replaced part, they have replaced the whole camshaft assembly. It is the lower part of the head. The upper cover is still the old one.
And about the dealer, they are very supportive and qualified. They are not as fast as the established brands but that is nothing to be worried of. Till now they have done their best.
About the loaner car, they told they dont have that facility right now.
Thank you guys...it has been wonderful info. Its always good to know what is happening in other places. long live TBHP.
Have you got the car back with you after the repair job? If yes, how is it performing now? I am glad that the dealer is very supportive in the matter. I too had good support/back up by the dealer and should be thankful to them for setting right the problem with my car. As far as the loaner car is concerned, you are well within your rights to ask for one. I had been provided with one by the dealer when my car was with them for repairs. VW should seriously give thought towards the attitude of one of their Area Managers if their reputation of After Sales Service is to be improved.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:58   #170
BHPian

No, not yet. they are still repairing it. It was supposed to be delivered by now. But again, since it is major lifetime fix, I am ready to wait for couple of days more. I will be probably getting on Wednesday and will surely share my thoughts on the issue.
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:37   #171
BHPian

Hi people, got my car back. The issue is fixed and the car is running fine. The vibrations are gone and the engine light vanished. i have been advised not to drive beyond 80kmph for few hundred kms.

The major difference i found after the repair is that
1) the in gear acceleration has improved greatly. I need not change the gears so often as i used to earlier. This applies to all gears.
2) the ac compressor noise has decreased. Earlier the petrol engine was sounding like a diesel when the ac was on. Again this needs be monitored for few more days.
3) i did not find much difference in the initial pickup.

Overall i am satisfied with the service Provided. Nice support from the dealer.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:01   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Hi people, got my car back. The issue is fixed and the car is running fine. The vibrations are gone and the engine light vanished. i have been advised not to drive beyond 80kmph for few hundred kms.

The major difference i found after the repair is that
1) the in gear acceleration has improved greatly. I need not change the gears so often as i used to earlier. This applies to all gears.
2) the ac compressor noise has decreased. Earlier the petrol engine was sounding like a diesel when the ac was on. Again this needs be monitored for few more days.
3) i did not find much difference in the initial pickup.

Overall i am satisfied with the service Provided. Nice support from the dealer.
I am glad that you are happy & satisfied with the repair job done by the dealer. Ultimately it is the dealer who has to attend to any problem with the car. Yes, if they have mentioned on some restrictions on the driving speed, then do abide by it. Please update on the performance of the car in the next couple of weeks.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:59   #173

Hi
Any updates on your car? How is it running now and how many miles clocked? I'm guessing the first service must've been done by now..

thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 16:48   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Hi
Any updates on your car? How is it running now and how many miles clocked? I'm guessing the first service must've been done by now..

thanks
Yes, the car is absolutely problem free now. It has done 12000 Kms.till now and the first service was done during May 2011 by the dealer at Mangalore. There is no rattling or brake sounds and even the body paint has no signs of chipping anywhere. Overall, I am quite happy with the car & its performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks