Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:30   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
The big test could be tomorrow when I drive back to Mangalore which could be a drive of nearly 380 kms. The road from Bangalore to Madikeri is really good and it is the Madikeri - Mangalore section which will be really a testing drive for the car especially it has been raining very heavily all along the coastline. I will give the drive report and the cars performance hopefully on Monday.
I'm sure you will have a mile long smile on your face when you reach Mangalore, best of luck and drive safe. Eagerly awaiting your report.
Old 25th October 2010, 11:33   #137
BHPian

My car was yesterday subjected to one more test after the problem was set right at the dealers workshop. It was the drive to Mangalore from Bangalore. I was quite happy with cars performance and there was no problem absolutely of any kind. The turbo charger was functioning quite nicely throughout and driving the car was a real pleasure. I should once again thank Volkswagen Downtowns Works Manager, Mr. Karthikeyan and his team for setting right the problem with my car.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:26   #138
BHPian

It is good to know that your Polo got alright. At first instance of the thread, the error scenario was showing glow plug issue. If the glow plug still glows during the drive, there are chances that the fuel gets heated in the cylinder which changes the ignition graph. Hence the pick up falls. The VW guys should have diagnosed the ECU error codes (Diagnostic Codes) properly. They only go by their systematic approach. Was it a turbo charger issue? I believe the turbo was mistakenly replaced. The VW guys would have taken this issue very seriously. It is all inconvenience to the customers they are causing.

I was about to buy a Polo initially, but dropped as I was not having any service centers near to our coastal area (might be probably they have at Goa now) which I drive very often. Polo is a very good vehicle, I appreciate your choice.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 25th October 2010 at 12:32.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations UVM, now that your Polo has come out with flying colours in another stress test, you would be the most happy man on this earth. Continue to enjoy your car & pl keep us posted @ your various trips.
Old 25th October 2010, 15:08   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
It is good to know that your Polo got alright. At first instance of the thread, the error scenario was showing glow plug issue. If the glow plug still glows during the drive, there are chances that the fuel gets heated in the cylinder which changes the ignition graph. Hence the pick up falls. The VW guys should have diagnosed the ECU error codes (Diagnostic Codes) properly. They only go by their systematic approach. Was it a turbo charger issue? I believe the turbo was mistakenly replaced. The VW guys would have taken this issue very seriously. It is all inconvenience to the customers they are causing.

I was about to buy a Polo initially, but dropped as I was not having any service centers near to our coastal area (might be probably they have at Goa now) which I drive very often. Polo is a very good vehicle, I appreciate your choice.
Good analysis of the problem by you. VW surely did go by their systematic approach itself. They had no ears for any of the suggestions that were posted on this thread and were conveyed to them. I am not very sure whether the turbo has been mistakenly replaced because they had initially pinpointed it as the trouble shooter.
Mangalore will very soon have a VW Dealership. The showroom and workshop are being readied.
@AutoIndian - Thanks for your kind wishes. I will surely keep my thread updated with info.
Old 26th October 2010, 19:19   #141
BHPian

I was away for a while and was eager to catch on.

Please to hear that tha story has happy end like a bollywood movie.
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:34   #142
Senior - BHPian

I guess UVM is enjoying his rejuvenated Polo to the hilt, so much so that he is not able to find time to update his thread (can't believe its been seven days since we last heard from you).
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:19   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I guess UVM is enjoying his rejuvenated Polo to the hilt, so much so that he is not able to find time to update his thread (can't believe its been seven days since we last heard from you).
Yes, surely of course I am enjoying my car after the problem has been rectified. In fact there was nothing much to update except that I had the Philips Extreme Power 55/60 bulbs installed. Wow, you surely can make out the difference in light from the O.E. bulb. Due to some work at Bangalore I am in Bangalore now and made a visit to the VW Dealership yesterday. The Works Manager was pleasantly surprised to see me & was really quite happy when I told him that the car was doing fine & I had just dropped in to once again thank him & his team. Now that the dealership at Mangalore would be opening soon, all VW car owners in our area will have easy access to servicing & repairs (If any!!).
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:36   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, surely of course I am enjoying my car after the problem has been rectified. In fact there was nothing much to update except that I had the Philips Extreme Power 55/60 bulbs installed.
Good to know that. Which make were the OEM lamps? I thought 55/60 W lamps of any make did not illuminate the road sufficient enough for confident night highway driving. 4 years back I replaced my OEM 55/60 ones with Philips 90/100 W & they are doing a good job.
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:13   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good to know that. Which make were the OEM lamps? I thought 55/60 W lamps of any make did not illuminate the road sufficient enough for confident night highway driving. 4 years back I replaced my OEM 55/60 ones with Philips 90/100 W & they are doing a good job.
The OEM lamps are Philips make (imported) 55/60 ones. But the light spread and brightness is far better with Philips Extreme Power 55/60 ones. I did not take the risk of fixing Philips 90/100 W as the wiring has to be altered and regulator fixed. As you know I have just got my car set right under warranty and as you know VW voids the warranty on the car if you tamper/cut any wiring in the car. In fact I also wanted to change the horn in my car as the Trendline model has a single horn which is not loud enough particularly when you drive on the highways & want to overtake another vehicle. The Service Advisor requested me not to change the horn as the warranty could be voided.
I do agree with you that the Philips 90/100 w bulbs are quite good. But unfortunately I cannot fix them on my car.
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:30   #146
BHPian

Quote:
In fact I also wanted to change the horn in my car as the Trendline model has a single horn which is not loud enough particularly when you drive on the highways & want to overtake another vehicle.
Does the trendline have a different horn equipment than the Comfortline or the Highline?

I thought the horn was the skoda type and quite good.
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:47   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Does the trendline have a different horn equipment than the Comfortline or the Highline?

I thought the horn was the skoda type and quite good.
As mentioned earlier, the Trendline has a single horn. But the Comfortline & the Highline come with a twin horn which is pretty decent soundwise and reminds one of a typical european car horn. As of now you are not able to get this twin horn as VW accessories.
Old 19th November 2010, 19:45   #148
BHPian

Here is an update on accessories availibility for VW Polo Trendline owners. The Fog Lamps with the required wiring kit is now available for fitment on Trendline model cars. This information was given to me by a person from the dealership and the cost will be informed as soon as it reaches their workshop. I wanted to fix these fog lamps during October when my car was at the dealers workshop for attending to the turbocharger complaint, but VW was not allowing fitment at that time. I hope to get them fitted at the dealers workshop in the next couple of weeks time.
Old 19th November 2010, 22:14   #149
Senior - BHPian

Hi UV! Good to see you back!

Now you can-not give any reasons for not posting any photos - That too, when you travel so much in the ghat section - Right?

So, let the pics flow down!
Old 20th November 2010, 07:52   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi UV! Good to see you back!

Now you can-not give any reasons for not posting any photos - That too, when you travel so much in the ghat section - Right?

So, let the pics flow down!
Yes, surely you will have the photos of ghat section travel during my next trip. By the way, has your car undergone the 15 K servicing? Do update the details when it is done. The Mangalore VW dealership would open very soon and people owning VW vehicles will get one more service/repairs centre in this part of Karnataka state.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks