Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 02:16   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 - Xplore edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
You will find all the above in the Alto K10, site under "Accessories". That is why the following are missing
. Electric drive on 4 windows (only front 2 available)
. Rear Demister
. Rear Wiper with spray

I wanted all these when I got the K10 last year, but alas they are just not there.
Especially the rear wash-wipe, which is sorely missed! I feel like stepping out and wiping the hatch glass whilst driving in the rains. Badly need this :( It would also add to the all-round aggressive look of the K10!!
satanic_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 17:39   #572
Senior - BHPian

re: 2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review

Hello,our K10 is approaching the 13,900 and 1 yr mark,and it has a put a smile on my face everytime i drive it.Primarily used by my mom,i had the chance of driving it extensively over the past month.Some points:

1.Between 2,000-4,000 the powerband is very addictive!The surge is excellent.Often when 5th is good enough,i would shift to 4th just to feel the surge.

2.With no AC and 100% city use,with some careful driving K10 is giving me 15kmplish.

3.The fuel bars are a bit confusing,sometimes they just go out,however at times one would come back on after 5-10kms of driving.This does not happen all the time,but only at times.

4.I still have that problem with the 3rd gear,when it just refuse's to slot it in.I would have to then speed a bit up in 2nd and go to 4th.Gearbox on the whole is a pleasure to use,i dont feel strained even after a bout of heavy stop-go traffic.

5.When braking from high speed say from 100 kmph,progressive braking not emergency braking,as the speed drops to like 40 kmph to 0 kmph,there is vibration coming from the wheels.Uneven brake-disc wear?

6.No squeaks rattles!Except for one chick-chick which seems to be coming from the wheels,after a long drive.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:50   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hello,our K10 is approaching the 13,900 and 1 yr mark,and it has a put a smile on my face everytime i drive it.Primarily used by my mom,i had the chance of driving it extensively over the past month.Some points:

1.Between 2,000-4,000 the powerband is very addictive!The surge is excellent.Often when 5th is good enough,i would shift to 4th just to feel the surge.

2.With no AC and 100% city use,with some careful driving K10 is giving me 15kmplish.

3.The fuel bars are a bit confusing,sometimes they just go out,however at times one would come back on after 5-10kms of driving.This does not happen all the time,but only at times.

4.I still have that problem with the 3rd gear,when it just refuse's to slot it in.I would have to then speed a bit up in 2nd and go to 4th.Gearbox on the whole is a pleasure to use,i dont feel strained even after a bout of heavy stop-go traffic.

5.When braking from high speed say from 100 kmph,progressive braking not emergency braking,as the speed drops to like 40 kmph to 0 kmph,there is vibration coming from the wheels.Uneven brake-disc wear?

6.No squeaks rattles!Except for one chick-chick which seems to be coming from the wheels,after a long drive.
2. Most of my trips are 1-2km. With AC and only local trips I got 10.5 km/l, with 2, 30km trips in a tank full, it went up to 12.5. The best is still highway at 19+ with AC. Till date I have crossed 4,600 km in 14 months.

3. I have been tracking and noting the bars. 1st bar goes 60-70km, subsequent at around 25-35 km.

4. My 3rd gear slots perfectly. Get it checked ASAP.

5. Could be uneven tyre wear, hard to believe that disks will be worn in 14k km.

6. Could be a stone lodged in the tread. Happens a lot of times. Check it, else the stone may damage the tyre.

Last edited by Aroy : 21st November 2011 at 09:51.
Old 21st November 2011, 18:44   #574
Senior - BHPian

My traveling allows quite a few sections of 60-80 steady speed so its possible to get that FE up on those sections

One of the front tyres was under inflated,i got all of the tyre pressures checked,that might have been the culprit.

Third gear slots in smoothly most of the time,will get that checked.
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:54   #575
BHPian

Alto K10s from around the world!! :)

Found some pictures of LHD K10s from elsewhere in the world! For those of you curious about additional features and differences.., or for just ogling at this great looker!

Algerian Alto K10 :
Images taken from main article at Dzair Auto

Dzair Auto : L'Alto K10 en vedette chez Suzuki Elsecom

2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc0802.jpg
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc08002.jpg
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc08005.jpg

Different wheel covers
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc08018.jpg

Front seat back not scooped.
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc08006.jpg

Front and rear seats get adjustable head restraints.
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc08008.jpg

SexyBack! That rear wiper!! Why, oh why did Maruti not give us this!?!
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-dsc0803.jpg

Uruguayan Alto K10:
From main article at Autoblog Uruguay

Lanzamiento: Suzuki Alto K10 : Autoblog Uruguay | Autoblog.com.uy

Body coloured ORVMs, fuller wheel caps.
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-suzuki-alto-k10-17.jpg

Note that panel gap in the glove box! A mirror image of our Indian version!
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-suzuki-alto-k10-16.jpg

Rear wash-wipe, standard here too...!
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-suzuki-alto-k10-20.jpg

Honduran Alto K10 :
From goautos.hn

El Portal de Automotores del Grupo OPSA

Non body coloured bumpers! Must be the entry level variant.
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-gallery_121486944472.jpg

No tachometer. Manual front windows.
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-gallery_71307556578.jpg

However, rear wash-wipe and defogger are standard.
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-gallery_48858880434.jpg
satanic_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 21:10   #576
BHPian

Hi All,

I have finally completed all the payment formalities for my new Alto K10 VXI - Sunlight Copper and now waiting for the delivery. They said it would take 4 to 5 days for completing all the registration activities.

Feeling Very excited , as this is my first car.

Below are the list of MGA accessories i opted for
  1. Anti rust treatment - Brand : Carplan - 5 Year Warranty
  2. Floor Rubber Matting
  3. Hanging Air Freshner
  4. Mud Flap
  5. Bumper Protector
  6. Rear roof spoiler
  7. Fabric Seat covers ( Black-Grey )

Do you think, there is something, which is important and i missed out in my accessories list?

- Sushil
Old 6th December 2011, 23:18   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil.H View Post

Do you think, there is something, which is important and i missed out in my accessories list?

- Sushil
Sushil,

I would add these items to the list:
1. Upgrade to better tires (high priority).
2. Upgrade headlights to 100/90W.
3. Upgrade the horns.
4. Sun films on all the sides.
5. Remote locking.

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 23:27   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Sushil,

I would add these items to the list:
1. Upgrade to better tires (high priority). Wont this reduce the FE? Also if i plan to upgrade , what is the recommended profile??
2. Upgrade headlights to 100/90W. The stock ones are not good ??
3. Upgrade the horns. Yes this is for sure, but i guess maruti does not offer it as a part of standard accessories. I will go for Roots Windtone
4. Sun films on all the sides.
5. Remote locking. Is there any brand which provides a good quality remote key for locking?? IMO the key that comes with NIPPON ( one of MGA ) looks cheap

Thanks,
Jose.
Thanks josejoseph,

I forgot to mention Sunfilm in my earlier list.

Regards,
Sushil
Old 7th December 2011, 01:01   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks josejoseph,

I forgot to mention Sunfilm in my earlier list.

Regards,
Sushil
Sushil,

What brand does the car have? Check threads in the forum for the correct upsize. You may have to compromise the FE by 1-2 kms but putting better tires will give you better grip, comfort & handling. You can try Michelin, Yoko, etc.

The stock headlights would be 55/60W. It's up to you if you need upgrade. Higher watts gives better light. But upgrading should not void your warranty. Check with the dealer about this.

If the car already has a remote locking then you can keep it. There are many brands available in the market; I don't remember the names. Autocop is one good brand. I am out of country for some time, hence I don't recollect the names nor my memory is current.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 7th December 2011, 09:55   #580
Senior - BHPian

Here is what I have done
. Upgrade to Michelin XM1. Cost me around 4K for 5 in exchange for the OEM
. Install the rear door light switches. The wiring is there, only switches have to be put. Cost around 300/
. Change the rear view mirror to day-night one. If OEM is not available, fit a Wagon R one. They are same. OEM = 750/
. Fit a horn relay and an extra horn. Cost around 500/
. Mud flaps
. Bumper protectors
. Music System
Old 7th December 2011, 10:56   #581
BHPian

Hi Sushil,

congratulations on deciding to go for the Alto K10. I bought my car in August (VXi) and I must say am really happy with my decision. It's indeed a pocket rocket! As far as accessories go, you can try to extract the maximum mileage from your dealer now as it is year end - try and get as many freebies as possible. The dealers are pretty eager to move vehicles out of showrooms specially during the year-end period.

Here's what I got with my K10 when I got the delivery:
  1. Mud Flaps
  2. Carpets
  3. Central Locking
  4. Perfume & Idol (both which we did not use as it didnt match our taste)
  5. Sun Film (Garware was offered free, but we chose to go for a better brand by paying Rs. 700 more)

As we got the Central Locking (brand = Minda) directly from the dealer, we got the door-open switches fitted by default.

Later, I went in for an Audio System (JVC HU and Pioneer Speakers) and Dolphin Art Leather Seat Covers

Overall, I'm really happy with the performance of the car. In fact, I have a feeling its getting better every day I drive, as the engine is "running in" to its optimum level.

I will be posting a 'Initial Ownership' Report soon, when I clock 2000km on the ODO. Will be posting more pics, and mileage figures in that report.

Cheers!
Old 10th December 2011, 00:18   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Hi Sushil,

congratulations on deciding to go for the Alto K10. I bought my car in August (VXi) and I must say am really happy with my decision. It's indeed a pocket rocket! As far as accessories go, you can try to extract the maximum mileage from your dealer now as it is year end - try and get as many freebies as possible. The dealers are pretty eager to move vehicles out of showrooms specially during the year-end period.
I will be posting a 'Initial Ownership' Report soon, when I clock 2000km on the ODO. Will be posting more pics, and mileage figures in that report.

Cheers!
Hi vsathyap,

Thanks for the info.

I got a cash discount of 20K as consumer offer and 3K corporate discount.I tried pushing him for free accessories, but he said that it is not possible :( .

Talking about -

Central locking, i really like the flip key that comes with Higher version of Skodas and Fiats. I need something like that. I have checked this website and found that there are some places here in Mumbai where i can get it done.

Audio System - I asked the dealer if he can fit a Alpine HU instead of Nippon\Kenwood\Sony - that comes as a standard MGA accessories for this car, he said that the socket of Alpine HU is not compatible with the connector available in K10. ( Well i don't know much, so i couldn't comment on that), so as of now i have not installed any ICE in the K10.

Good to see that you happy with the performance of the car.As the initial 2000 Kms is considered as an average run-in period, can you tell me what speed and RPM you maintain for your K10 VXI.

Regards,
Sushil.
Old 10th December 2011, 11:57   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi vsathyap,

Thanks for the info.

I got a cash discount of 20K as consumer offer and 3K corporate discount.I tried pushing him for free accessories, but he said that it is not possible :( .

Audio System - I asked the dealer if he can fit a Alpine HU instead of Nippon\Kenwood\Sony - that comes as a standard MGA accessories for this car, he said that the socket of Alpine HU is not compatible with the connector available in K10. ( Well i don't know much, so i couldn't comment on that), so as of now i have not installed any ICE in the K10.
As far as I know the audio connector is a standard one which fits practically all HU. May be the Japanese and European follow different standards! To confirm whether it will fit alpine, just take it to an Alpine dealer and check the socket on an Alpine HU. If it fits well and good, else get an adapter made. Do not let them cut any wires (even in an audio socket), as you may face warranty issues in case of problems cropping up.
Old 11th December 2011, 12:55   #584
BHPian

Quote:
NO no no.. These MGA people just want to sell their Audio units at a higher margin - that's all. I did some research in the market and found that although u don't get ready to plug in socket connectors for any "after market" HU, you do get a connector adapter to plug into your car's wiring system.

This adapter is something that prevents the guys installing the HU from cutting / splicing / joining any wiring that may void warranty. It looks like a normal male to female plug type socket (like the ones in a computer's mainboard power supply connector) on one end, and loose color coded wires on the other end. Your HU comes with a similar plug adapter (which goes to the rear of the HU) and the loose wires on the other end that get joined/taped to the loose wires of the adapter described above. Everything is color coded (indicating LEFT/RIGHT/FRONT/REAR/SUB/AMP channels) and connecting it takes about 20 mins.

The adapters look like this and cost about 150-300 Rupees, depending on the brand/quality.

I also found out that MGA audio systems are pretty "dull" sounding as we cant mix and match HU with speakers of our choice (at-least the place where we bought our car didn't allow me to do this). Also, MGA audio units are priced around 2k-3k higher than their aftermarket equivalent.

Quote:
Good to see that you happy with the performance of the car.As the initial 2000 Kms is considered as an average run-in period, can you tell me what speed and RPM you maintain for your K10 VXI.
Hmm, I didn't drive too fast or too slow - just drove it the usual way (99% city driving) in the normal city driving conditions. Initially, (the first 500-750km) you need to rev the engine hard in second gear to keep it from stalling. My RPM maxed out at around 4000RPM in the first gear, and I've hit the 3000+ mark around 5-10 times i guess. This has happened only in the first gear as it's too short - keep revving and U'll easily hit 4K. I've not gone beyond 80-90kmph so far and I plan to take it out on the highways soon to record the highway mileage.

The one thing that I like about this car is that it makes me smile every morning when I start it up and drive it to office ... its so much fun to drive .. I get an all too familiar deja-vu feeling of my old zen every time I step on the gas ... and the K10 comes with a brilliant engine ( I went past a Ford Figo in a psuedo-drag at a red light the other day... superb power! )
vsathyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 23:10   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Initially, (the first 500-750km) you need to rev the engine hard in second gear to keep it from stalling. My RPM maxed out at around 4000RPM in the first gear, and I've hit the 3000+ mark around 5-10 times i guess. This has happened only in the first gear as it's too short - keep revving and U'll easily hit 4K. I've not gone beyond 80-90kmph so far and I plan to take it out on the highways soon to record the highway mileage.
Yes, it simply loves (begs) to be revved! The 1st is very very short (shoots up to 3000 RPM, just like that!) and you need to shift up to 2nd as soon as possible. Now, the 2nd is very very tall! My K10 has clocked just 1k+ (1170 today) and now pulls very easily from about ~10 km/h in 2nd i.e., without shuddering or lugging. So you really don't need to down-shift much! I did that mistake during the first few 100 km of ownership and ended up with a lot of unnecessary sudden engine braking, but I'm just learning the maximum range of each gear.

However, for slowing down, if you are taking your foot completely off the accelerator and really don't need engine braking (excluding emergency scenarios here), it decelerates smoother when in a higher gear (and it pulls easier if you find the need to accelerate). Eg., if you are doing 50+ in 2nd and want to slow down to 30s very gradually, its better to shift to 3rd, stop accelerating and then let it slow down till just above 20, then down-shift if more slowing down & subsequent acceleration is required. The gears 2-3 have accommodating lower ends (not referring to low end torque). I RARELY use the 4th in Madras city traffic.

The 'roarrr' is just awesome to listen to when the K10B crosses 3k RPM in 2nd!

Quote:
The one thing that I like about this car is that it makes me smile every morning when I start it up and drive it to office ... its so much fun to drive .. I get an all too familiar deja-vu feeling of my old zen every time I step on the gas ... and the K10 comes with a brilliant engine ( I went past a Ford Figo in a psuedo-drag at a red light the other day... superb power!
Absolutely. I'll normally be slightly tensed that I have to be in office on time in the morning, but it all changes when I turn that key in the ignition. It gives me something to look forward to, before every drive. That start-up-power-roar is just sweet! Totally fun to rev, point and shoot! The power (-to weight ratio) is mind-blowing!

With the K10B, the Alto really says it out loud... 'Let's Go!'

- Abhishek.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks