Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 21:07   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I remember reading on the K10 website that all colours are mettalic (even white, which I found strange). Also, mettalic colors usually cost just 3K-odd more. So that should not really cause much of a difference. Maybe the high K'taka road tax ?
OTR prices for Bangalore (By Bimal, Old Airport Road):

VXi Metallic:
Ex-Showroom - 324324
RTO- 46378
Insurance - 10200
Extended warranty - 4190
Misc - 4500
Total - 389592.00
Std accessories free. No discount.

Btw, VXi Non-metallic (White only) : 385849.00

Stocks readily available (except Black). Pay, pick and vrooom, for those interested

Last edited by WindRide : 5th August 2010 at 21:08.
Old 5th August 2010, 22:31   #212
BANNED

The car looks good except for the boot which resembles our old Zen.

But it must be having great pickup
Old 6th August 2010, 00:19   #213
BHPian

2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-fhthyjyjyj.jpg
I see Scuff Plates with Alto written on them.
Are they available as OE or in the form of accessories?
can they be illuminated?

Correct me if i am wrong. I'm still learning.
Old 6th August 2010, 01:15   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
* What I really liked -- and not many may agree -- is the fact that I can get an excellent view of the bonnet from the driver's seat (I don't think this aspect has been mentioned earlier). Reminds me of my dad's earlier Tata Estate where this little 'facility' made a big impact specially while parking or negotiating bumper-to-bumper traffic. This is possible with the K10 and this eliminates the need for a front sensor alarm.
Excellent observation Melvyn, thank you. I was waiting for someone to mention this. The view of the bonnet is essential for accurate judgement while cornering, parking and maintaining a safe distance from the vehicle ahead. Very few realize the importance and IMHO the view of the bonnet reduces driver's stress and fatigue. This is because our brain receives a direct input from the eyes and this feedback is easier to process. With the bonnet edges not visible, our brain has to constantly evaluate and assume the distance between the bumper and the vehicle in front. Most American and European cars have long tooth design and this is yet another "safety" aspect in disguise greater the distance between the driver and the front bumper, much safer it is for the driver in an event of a head-long collision.

I think old Corollas and Ikons too offer the view of the bonnet edges to some extent. Provided you have seat-belts on, there is no need for air-bags !!
Old 6th August 2010, 02:19   #215
BHPian

lovely looking upgrade...I so want this. Love the fog lamps, ORVMs and the instrument cluster. Much needed in the ALTO
Old 6th August 2010, 02:25   #216
BHPian

It is in my opinion a double-edged sword. While it might sell more Altos for Suzukis, it might make potential buyers of the A-star and Estilo think about preferring this Suzuki over the others.
Old 6th August 2010, 07:04   #217
BHPian

@invidious : A* has a niche market. Many people who end up buying A* are those who like its design and looks. As for estillo, people buy it because it one of those cars that fall under affordable tall boy model.

Alto K10 will start to sell for/with "existing Alto lovers" looking for an upgrade and "To be Alto owners" delighted with a all new avatar.

So, I feel the new Alto K10 will not cut into Estillo or A*'s sales.
Old 6th August 2010, 07:43   #218
BHPian

I booked my Alto BS4 version, 20 days back and waiting for the 20th August delivery. Read this fabulous review and called the Sales person at Mandovi. Enquired about swapping the car as mine was not registered yet and what will be my "damages". She started panicking as if she heard something very wrong! Here is the list of reasons she gave me not to go for K10 and tried to talk me out of it.
1. The car is not good!
2. It is just Engine / Steering wheel / Gear Knob change.
3. Can't change the model as my car loan has already been approved for Alto LXI.
4. I have not seen the car and haven't test driven it.
5. All new models of Maruti have initial problems.
6. Even if I did swap then there is no freebies in K10 and many more stupid reasons.
After giving it a thought I decided not to swap the car for my own personal reasons. It sure is a great VFM car! and hope it won't have any issues. Great Review Bro

Cheers!
Z
Old 6th August 2010, 09:27   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

Alto K10 will start to sell for/with "existing Alto lovers" looking for an upgrade and "To be Alto owners" delighted with a all new avatar.

So, I feel the new Alto K10 will not cut into Estillo or A*'s sales.
I think in a way you are right. See the thumbs up from reviews, most of them are/were alto owners including myself. The small things we missed in Alto are present in this varient, and guys don't bother with ABS & Airbags being missing, how many Swift/Santro/i10/i20/Punto on road you see with ABS? its only the top-end varient of the models end up getting ABS. Does that mean other versions are unsafe? An Alto 800cc would do 80kmph happily, now K10 will do 100kmph happily. But Swift/Santro/i10/i20/Punto without ABS also do 120+ happily. But no way they are unsafe, its really about judging the road condition and driving. So I don't see its a miss by Maruti, but yes if they would have given it as option, would have been great.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:34   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
OTR prices for Bangalore (By Bimal, Old Airport Road):

VXi Metallic:
Ex-Showroom - 324324
RTO- 46378
Insurance - 10200
Extended warranty - 4190
Misc - 4500
Total - 389592.00
Std accessories free. No discount.

Btw, VXi Non-metallic (White only) : 385849.00

Stocks readily available (except Black). Pay, pick and vrooom, for those interested
Doesn't this tread in to Vista Saffire region? What would entry or mid range Vista Saffire cost in Bangalore?

regards

Rajesh
Old 6th August 2010, 10:06   #221
Senior - BHPian

Today's Deccan chronicle had K10 advt. on the last page. It mentions an introductory ex-showroom price of 3L for Lxi in Chennai. So Vxi would be 3.15L, I guess.

I was showing the advt to my wife and she said, "This is a stupid move from MSIL and would not sell". Since everyone is saying this will be a super-hit, I was curious as to why she felt otherwise.

As per her, "Alto is/was a common-man's car & mostly bought by Govt. servants and others on a tight budget. Unlike a bunch of you on tbhp, they are not bothered about fog-lamps or K-series or 0-100 timings. All they want is an affordable car for AtoB transportation which is also FE. By increasing the price closer to 4L, this segment would stay away from the new Alto." Hmm. Different viewpoint for sure.

BTW, can someone tell me what "Dhantenan" means ? I have been speaking Hindi all my life, yet can't figure out what the hell it means. My best guess is this is some line from a junk Bollywood movie. If that's about someone who knows Hindi, imagine what most of the South Indian populace will make of this from the advt. Can't they have taglines specific to the area where the advt is being targetted ?
Old 6th August 2010, 10:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today's Deccan chronicle had K10 advt. on the last page. It mentions an introductory ex-showroom price of 3L for Lxi in Chennai. So Vxi would be 3.15L, I guess.

I was showing the advt to my wife and she said, "This is a stupid move from MSIL and would not sell". Since everyone is saying this will be a super-hit, I was curious as to why she felt otherwise.

As per her, "Alto is/was a common-man's car & mostly bought by Govt. servants and others on a tight budget. Unlike a bunch of you on tbhp, they are not bothered about fog-lamps or K-series or 0-100 timings. All they want is an affordable car for AtoB transportation which is also FE. By increasing the price closer to 4L, this segment would stay away from the new Alto." Hmm. Different viewpoint for sure.

BTW, can someone tell me what "Dhantenan" means ? I have been speaking Hindi all my life, yet can't figure out what the hell it means. My best guess is this is some line from a junk Bollywood movie. If that's about someone who knows Hindi, imagine what most of the South Indian populace will make of this from the advt. Can't they have taglines specific to the area where the advt is being targetted ?
Interesting viewpoint from your wife. We should give that a thought too!

Dhantenan is a onomatopoeia having no 'meaning' as such.(Onomatopoeia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - I guess they picked it up from the movie 'Kaminey' (which IMO is not a junk movie).
I guess for overcoming the local/regional/national limitation they chose this word - I would say a nice move by MSIL.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:38   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per her, "Alto is/was a common-man's car & mostly bought by Govt. servants and others on a tight budget. Unlike a bunch of you on tbhp, they are not bothered about fog-lamps or K-series or 0-100 timings. All they want is an affordable car for AtoB transportation which is also FE. By increasing the price closer to 4L, this segment would stay away from the new Alto."
I think she has a point. This is what I posted in the "Alto Vs Spark" thread yesterday:

"If the 800 cc Alto is made available in LXi trim, the entry level buyers will still go for it. In their books more cc = more petrol consumption."

Maruti seems to feel that way too, hence are offering both the 800 cc LXI and the K10 LXi. A person who will stay away from the Spark because of 20K price difference may stay away from the K10 Alto as well.

Last edited by Gansan : 6th August 2010 at 10:41.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:53   #224
Senior - BHPian

The car gets Rs 30,000/- dearer in price but justifies it with features like Tinted glasses, Body coloured bumpers, Precise and smart front grill, Stylish tail gate, Large13-inch tubeless tyres, Trendy wheel-covers and interesting body side mouldings.

In terms of looks the sides and front end would remain quite similar, but the rear end gets a new look with back door and fresh tail lamps. While in interiors the car would sport dual tone interiors, 3-spoke steering wheel, Vibrant new colours for upholstery, Colour coordinated door trim fabric, Stylish gear knob, integrated headrests at front and rear, all-new speedometer, tachometer and electronic tripmeter, Vanity mirror, Accessory socket, Rear parcel tray, ash tray, cup holder and front power windows.

As against the elder sibling, the all new Alto K10 has been designed with safety and security features like Collapsible steering column, improved suspension system, improved brake system, side impact beams, front fog lamps, headlight leveling device, the child locks on the rear door, central locking, i-CATS to minimizes chances of a burglary and high mounted rear stop lamp.

A high 160 mm ground clearance, Improved knee-room for rear seat passenger comfort, Remote fuel tank lid opener, Remote back door opener, Key-off reminder and Internally adjustable ORVM.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:55   #225
Senior - BHPian

@Gansan, are you sure LXi will come in both 800 and 1000cc versions ?
IIRC, theMag mentioned that LXi will be only in 1000cc engine.

@blackasta, thanks for the explanation. OK, so the term has no meaning. Anyway not sure what is the relevance of this term w.r.t. Alto-K10 to be used in the advt.

P.S.: They could have instead used "Kitna deti hai?" with the ARAI figure alongside and it would have struck a chord all over India, given the TVCs on many channels. :-)

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th August 2010 at 10:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks