Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 17:16   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill
went ahead and placed a booking at Mandovi this morning!
Wow! Must be the first booking on tbhp. What car do you own currently ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide
Those are ex-showroom prices for non-metallic (read White colour only) AK10s. Prices of metallic ones are yet to be known.
I remember reading on the K10 website that all colours are mettalic (even white, which I found strange). Also, mettalic colors usually cost just 3K-odd more. So that should not really cause much of a difference. Maybe the high K'taka road tax ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Now why will I buy the Alto K10 to the more good looking and better specced A-star? I am paying slightly more amount but I am getting much more car here.
You have a point. The A-Star-ZXi is a complete package - ABS, dual airbags, fully-loaded etc. Only sore point I saw was the driver-seat - sort of tapering upwards to the front - did not like the seating position.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:21   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi Guys, It seems that Hyundai is coming up with a response- i10 1 L Kappa . more news below:

Power play by Alto, i10: Rediff.com Business

regards,
adg_andy
Since the 1.2L Kappa makes 5 BHP less than the K12M, basically taking into consideration the assumption that the same series engines will have similiar achitecture & power output characteristics, a 1 L Kaapa will not produce anything more than the current 62 bhp of the 1.1 IRDE, as compared to the 67 BHP of the K10B. This combined with the higher kerb weight of the i-10, which makes even the i-10 1.2L Kappa feel slower initially, will definately ensure that the AK10 runs circles around the i10 1L Kappa, if & when it is launched. Handling of the K10, though not segment leading, will also be comparatively much better than the tall boy i-10.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:25   #198
Senior - BHPian

nice review infact i was waiting for tbhp reivew on the alto when i saw some scoop pics. Will go this weekend and TD the car to check.

How about fixing the k10 engine onto a zen?
Old 5th August 2010, 18:08   #199
BHPian

The reason Maruti is working on old models more is, they may not pay more royalty to Suzuki comapred to new models. In one of the interview on CNBC jagdish khattar told if the car age crosses 10 years Maruti need not pay royalty to Suzuki. Now after profit tumble in Q1 2010, Maurti may be looking out to get more from the existing or old models where royality is minimum I feel. In Q1 after Raw materials the biggest expenditure is royality.

Last edited by skumar : 5th August 2010 at 18:15. Reason: mistakes
Old 5th August 2010, 18:26   #200
Senior - BHPian

Sidindica's photos are great. Being a Maruti fan I missed the physical look of the new car as well as the Td. In fact these days I am so busy. Any how let me visit soon and give my Views on this car.
Old 5th August 2010, 18:29   #201
BHPian

An excellent review.

However Maruti could have been more responsible in releasing this car. A engine upgrade without any safety improvements!!.Its sad to see no one cares for precious human life.
Old 5th August 2010, 19:19   #202
BHPian

1.1L Alto was a favorite car to many.
I believe this avatar will be the answer to many prayers!
And the traditional "Short-Boy" design means less body roll too!!

Excited to take a TD soon!!
Old 5th August 2010, 19:57   #203
BHPian

Zen Incarnated Mh 410 To K10 !

Really excited about this Alto in this new Avatar. It is surely the reincarnation of the Great Zen in true Spirit! Kudos to Maruti to bring out this variant.
This is surely the hottest variant launched this year so far!

Reminds me of the golden era of nippy hatches with low CoG (Era started by the Dophin). To me the tall-boys never attracted any appeal at all!

With discussion warming up regarding Tire/wheel upgrades, surely Alto K10 would be a Mod happy for sure!
Old 5th August 2010, 20:09   #204
BHPian

Booked a white Vxi for my mom today

Was told a minimum period of 10 days & a max of 1 month !

Wish it came with ABS though...
Old 5th August 2010, 20:15   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Booked a white Vxi for my mom today

Was told a minimum period of 10 days & a max of 1 month !

Wish it came with ABS though...
Hey Srini,
you booked in ABT ?? Whats the OTR in Chennai
Old 5th August 2010, 20:21   #206
Senior - BHPian

I guess this Alto will compete more with Maruti's cars only than others. It will compete with old Alto, Estilo, A-star & new Wagon R as well. It will surely eat some portion of all these cars. Also it will eat shares of Santro, Spark & Beat. Others has to think quickly to some good solution to compete with this car [/quote]

I visited Chevy showroom this week to test drive UVA, I was told that BEAT diesel is ready for launch with a 1.1 L engine and it is a very peppy car. Hyundai also has lots of plans. Now that Maruti has relaunched this pocket rocket, others will definitely counteract with better cars. Already Figo is spoiling the party for Maruti. I have nothing personal against Alto but still Maruti has to offer quality cars against their competitors and not just pocket series cars. Alto may climb the chart in sales but cars like i10, Figo and BEAT are light years away in quality.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:23   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Must be the first booking on tbhp. What car do you own currently ?
Thanks SupremeBaleno. I own a Matiz which stays in the family, will be pensioned off to the parents.

I had also started a thread some time back about looking for a new hatch: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...dly-hatch.html

Last edited by u_chill : 5th August 2010 at 20:36. Reason: update
Old 5th August 2010, 20:28   #208
Senior - BHPian

The Mag you made ecery tbhpian proud with your excellent review and fantastic photo session.

I came across an Alto K10 today while driving this evening. It was coming in the opposite direction. The first thing I noticed was the chrome grill garnish and then the red TC number which made me look at the head lights. An Lxi probably because of the black bumpers. At first sight there was no noticable difference, looked like another Alto. Though the roads were full of potholes and in bumper to bumper crawl I took a look at its rear and the difference was much evident.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:41   #209
BHPian

Doing a TD on this weekend, and I wanted to do a proper TD not a 5km rash drive so told the delear to send the car in morning, I will pay for the fuel and will do a TD on BLR-MYS section up and down, hope that will bring the real strength on this version
Old 5th August 2010, 20:45   #210
Senior - BHPian

@asdon,

The dealers here well at least the 2 I approached on phone are refusing any possibility of a TD for this weekend. So I will look forward to the detailed post of your impressions from the drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks