Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 14:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
your figo looks good with those alloys.
Thanks. You are the first to actually appreciate it here.

Quote:
By the way just curious,what do you do with all that cars you omn? ;-)
Hmmm. Now how do I answer that? The third car in fact is an excess, but the Marina would hardly fetch much and so it remains.

The second car is just an insurance since my school run is 62kms per day, a car is absolutely necessary and it also gives me the flexibility to use one without disturbing the other runs.

If I have to be truthful, I cam manage with one with careful juggling of timings. But then long distance would be possible only in vacation time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Maybe because the Manza uses synthetic brew while the Figo uses a mineral based one.
That is what I also thought! The Figo oil looks exactly like what I used to see in the Marina. from the looks of the Manza oil it would easily last the suggested 20000kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sir,
Oil looks lighter in what sense ? viscosity ? soot ? color ?
Drop the 'sir', please. I meant the colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
From the pics i feel the oil is fine after 4200 kms and i don't see much of soot either.
The Figo is at 907 km. The 4200km old one is of Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Hello,
This pic shows Figo's oil after 907 kms and not 4200. By lighter, he meant the colour. He is comparing this with similar pics of the Manza's dipstick in the other thread.
Thank you. You have clarified it correctly.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

At Kollam:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_005.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_006.jpg

Again at Kollam, for a college reunion.
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_013.jpg

Where we had our reunion:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_015.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_014.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_016.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_018.jpg
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_019.jpg

Boat landing:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_017.jpg
Government built for the government run passenger boats

That is a passenger boat leaving:
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze-image_021.jpg

Last edited by trrk : 17th May 2010 at 19:00.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:24   #63
BHPian

So why did you sell off the NHC (if i am not mistaken?)
How do you compare paint finish of figo vs manza and their in cabin noise?

Last edited by aditya116 : 17th May 2010 at 22:28.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
So why did you sell off the NHC (if i am not mistaken?)
There was no point in havibng a petrol car in addition to the Manza which was bought for family long distance outing. Previously the NHC was doing that work. The Manza was in fact bought to replace the NHC. The NHC ride was not good and the AC flow was not felt in the back seats (though cooling was fine).

Quote:
How do you compare paint finish of figo vs manza and their in cabin noise?
Similar I would say. The Figo is quieter as far as engine noise is considered especially while cruising, most of the times.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Mileage update

Hi,

Today I wanted to use the Figo to go to a nearby town. When I checked, it had run around 73km all of it in the gloriously congested Alleppey town roads and very typical short distance runs.

So decided that I would check the efficiency before using the car.

So ended up putting 7.98L for the 73kms giving a figure of 9.15kpl. Good as I was expecting it to be in the 9 to 10 region.

Now the Scanguage figures:

8kpl, 8.62L used, 69.6km in 4 hrs 24 mts at an average speed of 14.4kph.

My inter town trip is usually about 29km, 3 kms on NH47, 24kms on SH11 and the remaining in SH1 passing through Changanassery town which is a congested mess.

The Scangauage showed 18.4kpl, 1.53L used, 28.48km in 42 mts at an average speed of 35.2kph. The efficiency was 20.48kpl at the end of 27kms and dropped as soon as I entered the SH1. I parked the car at 111h hrs.

Started back at 1246hrs. Took a little longer and relatively less congested route (I wanted to run close to that 70km range and failed) and came back.

The Scanguage showed 18.56kpl for the return journey with a maximum of 19.36kpl. The whole journey showed 18.56kpl, 3.34L used, 62.24km in 1hr and 24 mts at an average speed of 38.4kph.

It needed 3.4L to fill for 64km and 18.82kpl.

The fuel guage is not leaving the place where it was when it went for filling, just above the 3/4 mark. Something to complain about in the first service.

For the time being, I am done with the fuel efficiency tests. Now I will get on with enjoying my cars!
Old 21st May 2010, 19:30   #66
BHPian

Hello trrk, good set of wheels, how much did you pay for the mags?
Old 27th May 2010, 18:40   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I hope you got the answer as all was mentioned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Hello trrk, good set of wheels, how much did you pay for the mags?
Anyway it is 15000 for 4 alloys and 400 for the steel nozzles.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:33   #68
BHPian

Hi,

I was little bit busy and was not checking tbhp regularly. Even while checking, used to visit the subscriptions page and go. A lot of things happened in between, you got 2 new cars. Was going thru your Manza and Figo threads.
Very good decisions in both cases I would say. And expected from you, who weighs things more precisely and looks more on the usability factor than the show off factor. And is not concerned what others will think if I sell a Honda and buy a Tata.
Good choice of alloys too. Congrats on your new rides. Will someday drop in to see them on my way to Tvm.

Regards
Old 8th June 2010, 17:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

doc, is it possible to get any info on the turbo boost on the scan gauge II? Wanted to know exactly when it spools and what pressure it creates at different rpm's. I think that would help in finding the optimum range for F.E.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Very good decisions in both cases I would say. And expected from you, who weighs things more precisely and looks more on the usability factor than the show off factor. And is not concerned what others will think if I sell a Honda and buy a Tata.
We live our lives for ourselves and not for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Good choice of alloys too. Congrats on your new rides. Will someday drop in to see them on my way to Tvm.
Thanks and welcome.

I would have offered to come over, but from tomorrow my daughter is starting her 11th and for 2 years she is going to be busy and would be taking me along. For six days in a week, she has tution classes at 6 in the morning. And on Sundays, she has to attend entrance coaching at Changanaserry between 9 and 3.30. She would have these for all her vacations and for selected holidays too.

So any outings other than family ones would be next to nil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
doc, is it possible to get any info on the turbo boost on the scan gauge II? Wanted to know exactly when it spools and what pressure it creates at different rpm's. I think that would help in finding the optimum range for F.E.
The Scanguage has no separate menu choices for 'turbo' and nothing related to Turbo either.

Right now, the Scanguage readings for mileage and the actual ones don't see eye to eye. I am in the process of teaching it again.

Last edited by trrk : 8th June 2010 at 19:00.
Old 9th June 2010, 08:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
I would have offered to come over, but from tomorrow my daughter is starting her 11th and for 2 years she is going to be busy and would be taking me along. For six days in a week, she has tution classes at 6 in the morning. And on Sundays, she has to attend entrance coaching at Changanaserry between 9 and 3.30. She would have these for all her vacations and for selected holidays too.

So any outings other than family ones would be next to nil!

Kind of off-topic, but this just goes to show how hard our education system is on a child. After doing this for two years, it is not surprising that most students are already drained of their curiosity and playfulness, once they start with college. It's a real shame.

Mind you, this is not a post criticizing you, I have actually done the same, but luckily for me, it was for a year.

Lastly, thanks for keeping this thread alive, we already have a wealth of information here (true with the Manza thread as well).
Old 9th June 2010, 13:29   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Mind you, this is not a post criticizing you, I have actually done the same, but luckily for me, it was for a year.
I wish you did criticize me! I am against such type of education. But unfortunately we have to follow the system and this is how it is.

But frankly tution has helped her a lot due to the individual attention that she gets. From a person who used to be anxious about mathematics, she has become a lover of mathematics. She has shifted her future from the medical side to engineering now (there are other reasons too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Lastly, thanks for keeping this thread alive, we already have a wealth of information here (true with the Manza thread as well).
The last couple of weeks have been a little hectic and I have not been able to update properly.

I will try to do it as soon as possible. Putting it here is sort allows me to look it up at anytime and if it does help others, better.

Information is always to be passed on!

Thanks.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Doc Congratulations once again. The alloys are really super and go very well with the colour of the car.

It is interesting to note that you found the rear seat space of the Figo good, since I found it to be a bit of a squeeze and at par with the Ritz. Any reason you did not consider the Ritz since it has a great ride (though very average handling) and is one of the best applications of the 1.3 multijet diesel.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Doc Congratulations once again. The alloys are really super and go very well with the colour of the car.
Thanks and thanks. I just fell in love with the alloys the moment I saw them. There was a small doubt about the red lip, but I thought a contrast would like nice and it did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
It is interesting to note that you found the rear seat space of the Figo good, since I found it to be a bit of a squeeze and at par with the Ritz. Any reason you did not consider the Ritz since it has a great ride (though very average handling) and is one of the best applications of the 1.3 multijet diesel.
You mean, the Ritz has better knee room? Anyway, the selection of cars primarily is by my wife and she compares the space, the works in her own manner and decides.

I showed her a Ritz on the road to complete the list of cars to compare (Swift was discounted due to the bad rear leg space) and she did not like the shape and was not at all interested in having a closer look.

I haven't seen a Ritz either. So cannot really say about the space it offers, but how can it have substantially more space than a Swift? The seating would be more comfortable than in a Swift due to the upright posture, but space? I doubt!

She is happy with the Figo and I am happy driving it. And we love that colour!
Old 16th June 2010, 09:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

What i think is that the extraaa headroom and the higher seating gives you a "feeling" of more space at the rear. Its slightly better than the Swift rear but no really as spacious as the Figo rear is what i felt.

Doc what happened to the F.E update you had promised. (Or did i miss it somewhere?)

I am trying with the suggestion to stay around 2K rpm as much as possible. But i have a feeling the F.E is still just around 12-13 in city!!! Need to do a full tank before i confirm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks