Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 14:27   #181
BHPian

scorpio07,

Do not lose sleep over the mileage issue. My friend's April, 2010 Figo is giving an average of 10-12 kmpl in city conditions.

It is a well maintained vehicle of an automobile engineer and has completed 6500 kms. as on date.

He is planning on a highway trip in the I'day weekend of 15th Aug to check out the mileage.

Will keep you posted on the outcome.

SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
hey all,
been quite for a while now. My last three FE figures was really bad, i got 11.7, 10.5 and 10.9kmpl, hence took the car to the service station. They cleaned the airfilter and suggested that i take a mileage test with the Ford Service unit at Velachery. So i booked on appointment for 31st July and went there around 9 am.
Around 9.50 am we left the ford centre, topped up the diesel until the neck at the BP station at the end of the road.

Total distance covered was 57 kms and the route was from Velachery towards 100 feet road, koyambedu, aminjikarai, shanthi colony, kilpauk, purasaiwakam, vepery, central, poonamallee high road, Aminjkarai, MMDA, 100 feet road, ashok pillar, West Mambalam, Tnagar, Saidapet,- velachery.

FE was 12.9 kmpl and the total timetaken was 3 hrs of engine running under heavy traffic conditions that included some long idle times as well.

manager of service centre suggested that for city under traffic conditions under heavy congestions 12-14 is the norm.

Any thoughts on this people.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:28   #182
BHPian

thanks all, the mileage seems to be improving and thats a good sign.
yesterday had a crazy biker bump into the rear at a signal, that too on a slow moving traffic. There is a dent on the boot door below the rear glass. Very depressing to see that. Today morning while driving to work, I found the horn sounding different: does any one else have horn related issues?
Also, slow speed breaking creates a lot of noise, need to get it cleaned will be visiting the service centre, is there a way to clean that ourselves?
Old 19th August 2010, 13:04   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
thanks all, the mileage seems to be improving and thats a good sign.
yesterday had a crazy biker bump into the rear at a signal, that too on a slow moving traffic. There is a dent on the boot door below the rear glass. Very depressing to see that. Today morning while driving to work, I found the horn sounding different: does any one else have horn related issues?
Also, slow speed breaking creates a lot of noise, need to get it cleaned will be visiting the service centre, is there a way to clean that ourselves?
My in-Mumbai mileage seems to be going down every day. From 9kmpl it seems to be giving 8kmpl now :(

And +1 on noisy brakes, especially with slow speeds. I thought it was a new car issue and will go away, but hasn't gone away till now. What's the fix?
Old 19th August 2010, 16:27   #184
Senior - BHPian

The only fix is pouring water through the rims every 100 km :(
Old 19th August 2010, 16:56   #185

Does the brake noise mean the brake is getting damaged? And is this noise common with other cars as well?
Old 21st September 2010, 12:15   #186
BHPian

Update: Have crossed more than 6000 kms, went for the second coating of paint protect and boy does it make the car look more beautiful. For all those who would like to see the beauty shine go for it, its worth it and it takes some of those scratches off too. Got the brakes checked also, they cleaned the brakes and put it back on. Noise while braking was gone just for a few days and now its back on. Not annoying though, could live without it. Mileage seems to be on the rise, for the kind of traffic i get stuck in. Yet to go out of city its been a long time since i did that, planning to do it soon.

More later..

Most Viewed