Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 02:36   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Looks like the initial excitement created by the Figo is fizzling out due to the lesser than expected FE figures. There are many known cases of Fiestas n Fusions which are giving more than 20 kms/litre on an average, even though most magazines quote around 18 as average. The latest issue of CAR magazine is quoting an average of 14.6 for Figo TDCi. I guess Ford should do some recalculations as to whether this would negatively impact the sales of future Figos. Personally I got a figure closer to 16 for my Figo TDCI.
I would say the jury is still out this being a new launch; many of us reporting the mileage figures have done majority of city drives with AC on almost all the time, and by that standard, I personally wouldn't complain if I get around 13-14 KMPL (Bengaluru traffic sucks big time).

Highways is a different story though, I'm also waiting for some report of 19+ anxiously...
Old 21st May 2010, 10:26   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
I would say the jury is still out this being a new launch; many of us reporting the mileage figures have done majority of city drives with AC on almost all the time, and by that standard, I personally wouldn't complain if I get around 13-14 KMPL (Bengaluru traffic sucks big time).

Highways is a different story though, I'm also waiting for some report of 19+ anxiously...
One good thing is that my FE is improving, if it crosses 14kmpl for city then i would be happy. Claimed iss 15-16 for City, so 14 would be actual my estimate and this would improve over highways.
Expect to check it out next weekend.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:02   #138
BHPian

today, i drove down to Pondicherry and back. and was more than impressed with the drive and stability. I gave in to the temptation and pushed her to a max of 150kmph on the odo, just a brief bit. Most of the drive was in the range of 90-110kmph with AC, four people on board. Overtaking vehicles was a breeze and driving comfort was good, only while driving back felt my left knee was experiencing some pain.
Mileage aspect, fuel gauge indicates just above the half tank and trip read 358 km and DTE showed 350, so thats around 15.5 kmpl, i am sure this will improve if i had kept it at 80-90kmpl. Planning to give her for the first service in 2 days, need her to be fit for the drive to Coorg. More Laters...
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:18   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
I gave in to the temptation and pushed her to a max of 150kmph on the odo, just a brief bit. Most of the drive was in the range of 90-110kmph with AC, four people on board.
What is the maximum speed permitted in a new Figo? What is the duration of the run in period?
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:33   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
What is the maximum speed permitted in a new Figo? What is the duration of the run in period?
i have read reviews of top speed of 164 kmph, today i drove 130kmph and latter pushed it to 150kmph. I have done more than 1500kms before i pushed her to this range. Nowadays cars dont require a runin but Team bhp members suggest to do the runin for atleast 1000-1500km. before you open it up
Old 26th May 2010, 16:53   #141
BHPian

First Service Done at 1800 kms for 1230 Rs

Hi All
got the first service done today, booked an appointment with them.
Was tended by the service personal well, at the Alwarpet service station. I had no complaints except low FE. left the car at around 9.30 to 10 am got a call around 3 pm that the service is done.
Cost was 1230 rs
washer fluid 49
filter 322.7
Oil 3.8litre quantity 721.54 rs (189.88 per litre)
plus tax 136.67

i also got 2 sachets of washer fluid concentrate from them for 110 bucks for 2

Drive feels bit smoother than earlier, waterwash was done well, interiors were vaccumed. no visible dirt. overall a very satisfied me.

Azhar was the service personnel who attended me.
Old 26th May 2010, 22:02   #142
BHPian

query

Quote:
Hi All
got the first service done today, booked an appointment with them.
Was tended by the service personal well, at the Alwarpet service station. I had no complaints except low FE. left the car at around 9.30 to 10 am got a call around 3 pm that the service is done.

so when u complained them about the Fuel efficiency, did they carry on with any kind of a certain tweak with the ECU to get more FE ?
Old 26th May 2010, 23:13   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
so when u complained them about the Fuel efficiency, did they carry on with any kind of a certain tweak with the ECU to get more FE ?
+1

I would like to know too.

I've heard (unverified) that Fiat does something similar for the FGP for its first service.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:34   #144
BHPian

Is there a change in the FE after the service?
Old 27th May 2010, 14:25   #145
BHPian

So free service is only for the service. Thanks for the info. I need to give mine in another 2 months also.

I will also be giving in Alwarpet as my home is close by. But are the others better?

Quote:
Cost was 1230 rs
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:53   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
So free service is only for the service. Thanks for the info. I need to give mine in another 2 months also.

I will also be giving in Alwarpet as my home is close by. But are the others better?
No idea brix check with others in chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Is there a change in the FE after the service?

Well i took the car immediately to Coorg, on the highways gave me a FE of 17.8kmpl with 4 ppl and AC on high
City i mean a bit of bangalore driving and ghat section drive gave me 13.5 and 15.5 kmpl. overall average of 16kmpl, that is an improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore View Post
+1

I would like to know too.

I've heard (unverified) that Fiat does something similar for the FGP for its first service.
No idea on that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
They said FE improves with more on the ODO, so have to wait it out. But before when i fill tank, it used to show 588 now it shows 668, infact once saw 700 while on highway
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:29   #147
BHPian

Trip to Coorg

I am now in between jobs -- translates to totally jobless. Thought this would be a nice time to make a trip with family. Me, wife and my parents. So it was decided to be Coorg and i was hell bent on taking my figuu.
The total running would account for 1200kms plus so gave the vehicle for the first service around 1700-1800 kms.

Plan was to leave on 28th Friday to Bangalore, stay there and drive the next day to coorg. Back to chennai on 2nd.
This is the first time i am driving for such long distance and was excited about it too.
Filled her tank on 27th at Alwarpet indianoil bunk and was all set to roll.
28th We left at 7 am and by 7.50 reached poonamallee outer heading into
Sriperumbadur. As i was entering Arcot, a stupid cyclist thought it would be fun to dart across, was doin aroun 80-90kmph and had to swerve, ford driving dynamics helped, the car was planted on ground and gave good control.
we stopped at ambur for breakfast around 9.15 am and left there by 9.45 am.
Roads were just splendid was doing around 100-110kmph and it was a breeze to drive, good steering feedback and response was good.
By 11.30 reached Hosur and headed towards electronic city.
Thanks to improper directions, took the elevated toll road instead of going for NICE road, these roads are too good to be true.

We got stuck in bangalore traffic and it took us an hour to reach the destination.

Next day morning left bangalore at 7.15 am and took the NICE road, truly stands to its name, reminded me of UK motorways, everyone should take a drive on that road.

We drove throught srirangapatna and took the KRS road towards Hunsur, here starts the troubles. The speed breakers are more chassis breakers for Figo, all along the stretch from KRS road till Kushal nagar has speed bumps of varying sizes keeping caressing the under body. Tried all manoevers but invariably kept scathing the under body that was a real bummer.
Roads to coorg have been widened and new roads are layed so the route is brilliant, except at Senticoppa that too only the stretch in the town. rest all is wonderful.

Return from Coorge, we came to mysore on 31st and on 1st left to Chennai at 7 am reached bangalore at 9 am took a break and left at 10 and reached home at 2.30 pm, infact reached poonamallee by 1.45 was doing at 3 digit speeds.

Overall FE 16kmpl with AC throughout.
Max FE 18kmpl
Min FE 13.8kmpl

Totally kms covered: 1433 km
Diesel Consumed: 89.7 litres

Things Noticed:
Glow plug indicator exists, its below digital ODO display. I think the cold temperature did the trick.

Regarding the vehicle losing breath at steep climbs, it does if you take ur foot of the pedal, else it does perfectly well. I had to negotiate many steep bends with four people on board particuarly on route to Talacauvery and one at Abbi falls, thats a killer steep curve. Also, the place i stayed was down a slope and put the vehicle to the test.

Rear leg room at the cost of under body scrapping because of the longer wheel base, some of the speed breakers are so bad that even after your front wheel get off the bump the rear wheel doesnt climb up and the height of the hump scathes the underbody, had done about 10-12 times.

Second gear lacks the punch takes too long to move, its almost stationary.
Diesel bunks on route do not have auto cut off and end up overflowing, happend twice there.

To sum up figo was at its best and it was incident free trip to and back from coorg.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 3rd June 2010 at 17:32. Reason: additions
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:49   #148
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update scorpio. Good to see the car return good figures. What is it about the glow indicators. When did they come on? For how long?

Do you still have your front mudflaps after the long drive?
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:40   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thanks for the update scorpio. Good to see the car return good figures. What is it about the glow indicators. When did they come on? For how long?

Do you still have your front mudflaps after the long drive?
See the attached picture i have made a red box around it, it came on during cold start i did the first morning in Coorg, i guess being a cooler region, required the heating of the coil a bit longer and it came on. Saw it on both the mornings during the cold start at coorg but not in mysore or blore.
My Ford Figo ZXi TDCi Colorado Red-glowplug.jpg
this is a old pic hence the odo reading.
Time it was lit was less than 2 secs, just a brief glow and then off, first time i saw that happenesd.
I have the mudflaps on intact no damages.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:14   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Things Noticed:
Rear leg room at the cost of under body scrapping because of the longer wheel base, some of the speed breakers are so bad that even after your front wheel get off the bump the rear wheel doesnt climb up and the height of the hump scathes the underbody, had done about 10-12 times.
This was of concern to me too while booking the car. After reading your post my fears are confirmed. How bad does the car scrape though? On a scale of 1 to 10

Quote:
Things Noticed:
Regarding the vehicle losing breath at steep climbs, it does if you take ur foot of the pedal, else it does perfectly well. I had to negotiate many steep bends with four people on board particuarly on route to Talacauvery and one at Abbi falls, thats a killer steep curve. Also, the place i stayed was down a slope and put the vehicle to the test.

Second gear lacks the punch takes too long to move, its almost stationary.
I did read about another Team BHPian having the same problem on a climb where his car just refused to move, but its good to know that keeping the revs on alleviates that problem.

You say the 2nd gear lacks punch. Do you mean from standstill? ..because i found the 2nd gear quite versatile including on slopes while TD'ing the car.

Most Viewed