Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2011, 18:32   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 2500kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Last issue was the sound coming while breaking.
This they couldn't fix. They told me the brake pads were cleaned but I still get the horrid scary noises while breaking.

Anyones car been fixed for the brake issue? My figo still makes horrible sounds when I press the brake at low speeds.

They told me to use it for a while and report back Its been this way for 8,000KM+ doing another 300KM will fix the problem ?
First you call your car a 'Donkey' and now that it brays you have a complaint
Old 1st January 2011, 22:06   #197
BHPian

I went to Ford Service station and got the wiring kit in my car too.

Regarding brakes, get ur brake pads replaced. Only this will solve the problem.
Old 1st January 2011, 23:49   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vid
Is your car also affected by the same brake sound issues?

Last issue was the sound coming while braking .
This they couldn't fix. They told me the brake pads were cleaned but I still get the horrid scary noises while breaking.

Anyones car been fixed for the brake issue? My figo still makes horrible sounds when I press the brake at low speeds.

They told me to use it for a while and report back Its been this way for 8,000KM+ doing another 300KM will fix the problem ?
Nope I havent seen any brake sound issue on my car at all. Can you describe the sound a bit more?

The sensor wiring wasn't needed on my car as the later ones already had it. It's basically the low brake fluid sensor which for some reason wasn't there in the initial batches.
Old 2nd January 2011, 00:45   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@khoj - thats a funny one sir!
Maybe captain wanted a quiet/dumb one?

captainslow - are you finding it difficult to maintain the black color in terms of dust?

Last edited by selfdrive : 2nd January 2011 at 00:46.
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:34   #200
Senior - BHPian

re: Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update

The sound is loud and clear on mine. Its like metal scraping when you brake at slow speeds. I pour some water and it disappears for around 100km. I think it comes back when the brake dust builds up. Its surely scary at times.
Old 2nd January 2011, 13:30   #201
BHPian

Guys, long timew I posted on Figo threads...My TDCi just completed 10 K and planning to take for 2nd service tomorrow. No such sound while breaking, for me. Of late, I have noticed another "cracking" sound from the front suspension while going over speed breakers. This happens mostly in the morning when I take out my car for the first time. Anything to do with the cold climate in Bangalore these days ? Anyone of you have this problem ?
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:22   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sigh if only it ate grass I wouldn't complain at all! But no this donkey drinks black Gold! And Gas prices keep going up everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
I went to Ford Service station and got the wiring kit in my car too.

Regarding brakes, get ur brake pads replaced. Only this will solve the problem.
Thanks for the reply.
How did you convince the A.S.S about this? My SA and the Service manager keep telling me that its normal/its only dust don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nope I havent seen any brake sound issue on my car at all. Can you describe the sound a bit more?

The sensor wiring wasn't needed on my car as the later ones already had it. It's basically the low brake fluid sensor which for some reason wasn't there in the initial batches.
Like Gemi posted it sounds like some metal grinding/scaraping! GRRrrrr Grrrr This sound comes only at low speeds.
Vid does your car squeak from the rear? Or maybe your car is from the newer lot where these issues are fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@khoj - thats a funny one sir!
Maybe captain wanted a quiet/dumb one?

captainslow - are you finding it difficult to maintain the black color in terms of dust?
Like I said I wouldn't have cared if it ate grass and kept moving.
Yep its very-very hard to maintain black in a city like Bangalore! The hood has several swirl marks and other tiny marks. Everytime some kid rubs his had on the car I can see some more marks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The sound is loud and clear on mine. Its like metal scraping when you brake at slow speeds. I pour some water and it disappears for around 100km. I think it comes back when the brake dust builds up. Its surely scary at times.
Gemi, Did you complain about this? Any Fix offered by the A.S.S? If I'm not wrong your car has completed the second service too right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Guys, long timew I posted on Figo threads...My TDCi just completed 10 K and planning to take for 2nd service tomorrow. No such sound while breaking, for me. Of late, I have noticed another "cracking" sound from the front suspension while going over speed breakers. This happens mostly in the morning when I take out my car for the first time. Anything to do with the cold climate in Bangalore these days ? Anyone of you have this problem ?
Hey Revy, Long time. 10k already?
No my car doesn't make any "cracking" noises. Are you sure its coming from the front? It could be the rear springs making the sound.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 2nd January 2011 at 22:29.
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:28   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like Gemi posted it sounds like some metal grinding/scaraping! GRRrrrr Grrrr
Vid does your car squeak from the rear? Or maybe your car is from the newer lot where these issues are fixed.
I don't get the brake sound at all. They are fine.

The rear suspension does squeak and 2 days after the first service the C-pillar plastic cladding has started to have a faint rattle.

What's irritating is that it wasn't there when I gave the car in for service. During the service I noticed they started ripping out the plastic cladding. When I asked them why they were doing that they said it was a standard procedure in all Figo's to remove the cladding and put foam tape at certain places to prevent rattle.

I'm going to try and fix that myself and I also found a screw in the rear boot possibly from one of the plastic cladding pieces.
Old 3rd January 2011, 01:57   #204
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about it Vid, They don't fix back anything properly if they open it. Its the same everywhere.
Let us know if you manage to fix it. I will try and do the same if the squeak props up again.
Old 3rd January 2011, 06:20   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about it Vid, They don't fix back anything properly if they open it. Its the same everywhere.
Let us know if you manage to fix it. I will try and do the same if the squeak props up again.
i did it for myself, added the double side glue tape over the locks, the car was silent for sometime and now the squeaks are back again!!!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:14   #206
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I too get the braking sound only at low speeds espeically at the time of halt... But on seeing various issues from all of us, Ford has not trained its Service Centres about the issues and to fix in one shot.
Almost all owners have undergone a trial and error. When the sound is not coming for Vid, they unnecessarily fiddle. If someone has some problem. the SA and SM try to convince - "sir no problme sir" All are normal Bring if there is any problem". I do not understand.

Got a call today to fix an appointment ( i dont know how many appointments i need fix) with the dealer. Strictly told Ford to accept my grievance and assure to clear in one shot. Waiting for their reply.
Nearing 10k, planning to take to Rajshree ford where I bought the car to go through it completely....
Old 4th January 2011, 13:18   #207
Senior - BHPian

vid, I saw them pulling out the plastic cladding on all figos that came in for a service. Your car being from a newer lot must have not needed this.
Removing and fixing it must have made things lose/started rattling.
Check your rear doors, they must have put some tape there too. I noticed this today.

Update regarding the brake noise.

They tried to solve the problem by cleaning the pads but that doesn't help in some cases like in my car. So finally got a call from my SA asking me to bring the car back to sort out the brake problem.
Replaced the brake pads and now the metal grinding noise has totally disappeared!
I've had this sound in the car from the first service and been driving around with it for 6 months! Now finally the brakes sound like a normal car again! No more metal griding noises.

The old pads had no markings on them. The new ones are Ford branded made by some company starting M. Forgot the name of the company.
I was there during the change. It took about 2-3 hours. The actual time needed for the pad change is about 30-45 minutes but because of to many cars I had to wait a bit. My SA did his best and managed to get this done ASAP.

I've been going there so many times now that most of them are fed up of seeing me there.

There are a couple of small rattles here and there but nothing serious will ask them to fix it during second service.

Thanks to my SA for a good job done.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-new.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 4th January 2011 at 13:21.
Old 4th January 2011, 13:24   #208
BHPian

Good to hear that the issue is resolved and now you can drive and of course brake peacefully

How much did you have to shell out for the new brake pads?
Old 6th January 2011, 00:58   #209
Senior - BHPian

It was covered under warranty. The car feels normal again after a long time.
The new brake pads are Motorcraft branded. They look a little different from the OEM that came on the figo.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:45   #210
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear about the Braking issue being solved. I think if the SA listens and focuses on the job, i think they can satisfy the customer. This is what it is missing in SC.

I have also raised about this. Nice to see you PM. Thanks. Am able to identify that you are relieved much..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks