Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:14   #121
BHPian

The car's done 950 kms so far. ( it would've crossed 1000 by now.)
Here's what I love about the car:
The ride and handling. Love the way it handles on winding roads.
The bluetooth feature in the audio system. The calls are crystal clear and is fairly intuitive to operate.
The engine. (drivability, mileage etc) enough is said about the TDCi so I'll skip this part.
Ford Service. I hope this is not a one time experience.
And the things I'm not too fond of:
The audio system that comes alive when I hang up a call. I hope there's a workaround. It's getting really irritating.
The rear wiper switch. I'm sure a lot of first time ford owners will be driving in the night with their rear wipers on.
Missing rear power windows. Today's the second time I found the rear seats a little damp after washing the car because the rear windows were not all the way up.
No holes for the front number plate.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:23   #122
BHPian

After the crashed TD vehicle, guess Ford does not want any sort of publicity even if its bad.

Looks like you are one of the few lucky ones. And lots of people being envious has caused the "bad eye" effect. Just joking.

Does the volume substantially go up from the previous point before you took the call? Or does it just come alive even if you never switched it on?

Its probably a feature and not a bug !

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
And the things I'm not too fond of:
The audio system that comes alive when I hang up a call. I hope there's a workaround. It's getting really irritating.
Sorry for the late reply - Yes Nigel is based in Chennai.

He's the Executive Director - MS&S. Office in Chengalpattu and reports to Micheal Boneham.

Hope someone has not already answered this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Isn't Wark based out of India? Where are these guys Wark, Boneham located? Delhi or Chennai?

Last edited by Eddy : 24th March 2010 at 13:34. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:34   #123
BHPian

@Brix It's definitely bad eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Does the volume substantially go up from the previous point before you took the call? Or does it just come alive even if you never switched it on?

Its probably a feature and not a bug !

The volume remains the same, but even if I take the call on the phone( by selecting 'use handset' on the phone), the system starts playing when the call ends. Wish I could turn this 'feature' off.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:42   #124
Senior - BHPian

I was never really a fan of Figo for its mournful looks but the first pic(1st page) completed changed my opinion.
It looks menacing in that pose.

I almost forgot, Hearty Congrats to you on buying a lovely piece of machinery that too in my favourite colour.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 23rd March 2010 at 21:57. Reason: Add content
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:54   #125
BHPian

Does the car stereo come with remote?How does the power delivery feel on mountain roads?
Are you following any kind of running in method?
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:02   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I was never really a fan of Figo for its mournful looks but the first pic(1st page) completed changed my opinion.
It looks menacing in that pose.

I almost forgot, Hearty Congrats to you on buying a lovely piece of machinery that too in my favourite colour.
Thanks Schumifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Does the car stereo come with remote?How does the power delivery feel on mountain roads?
Are you following any kind of running in method?
No the stereo don't come with a remote. The power is more than adequate on mountain roads. You just need to keep the revs above 1700 or so.
I try not to rev the engine above 2500 RPM atleast for the first 1000 kms.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joe, for being the first Figo owner on this forum! Thanks for your feedback on the car.
I could not figo out which colour would suit the Figo best till I saw your pics----White is simply awesome!
Old 24th March 2010, 02:19   #128
BHPian

Congratulations joethomasv!!
Your car looks excellent in white especially with those alloys! Indeed white looks much better than the Green displayed in Ads.

I don't know if I missed to find the OTR price on this thread, while looking at your mesmerizing pictures :P
Old 24th March 2010, 12:29   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats Joe, for being the first Figo owner on this forum! Thanks for your feedback on the car.
I could not figo out which colour would suit the Figo best till I saw your pics----White is simply awesome!
Thanks vnabhi. Gemithomas also got the car along with me. He's also got a review up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Congratulations joethomasv!!
Your car looks excellent in white especially with those alloys! Indeed white looks much better than the Green displayed in Ads.

I don't know if I missed to find the OTR price on this thread, while looking at your mesmerizing pictures :P
Thanks Paradox. I think I forgot to mention the OTR price of the car. Mine came to around Rs 5,80,600 including one year extended warranty.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:54   #130
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Absence of temp gauge is handled by LED warning with audible chime in Figo
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-figotempindication.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 12:58   #131
Senior - BHPian

Nice review Joe!
Keep us updated on the developments.

Joe are you also getting the 4th year warranty ?
Old 24th March 2010, 14:30   #132
BHPian

Joe, the White Figo's appeal is growing on me ! Today, I saw the first user registered car in Bangalore and it was a white TDCi. Tailed her through out, till we had to go in different routes. The rear view of white is very compact and no nonsense, mush better than other colors available on Figo. Especially that character line above the boot lid, adds a touch of class ! The Ford Logo - have they improved it in Figo ? It looks much better now, or it is just a new car effect ?
Old 24th March 2010, 14:50   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Joe, the White Figo's appeal is growing on me ! Today, I saw the first user registered car in Bangalore and it was a white TDCi. Tailed her through out, till we had to go in different routes. The rear view of white is very compact and no nonsense, mush better than other colors available on Figo. Especially that character line above the boot lid, adds a touch of class ! The Ford Logo - have they improved it in Figo ? It looks much better now, or it is just a new car effect ?
+1 to that. To me, the white is the best looking colour avilable for sale on the Figo right now. Black is also good but its difficult to maintain. Red is a bit bold. This car begs for alloys. What a difference a set of alloys can make. You have to see it to believe. Trust me, this thing looks much much better on road than in the pictures.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:28   #134
Team-BHP Support

Joethomasv, can you try to see below the steering column if it is actually possible to adjust the steering height.

Maybe they just disabled the feature by not exposing the lock lever but the steering rod still may have the pivot capability, just no lock/unlock lever.

A simple fix and you may actually get steering rake adjust.

Your a mech engineer so should be the easiest thing in the book.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:52   #135
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Joethomasv, can you try to see below the steering column if it is actually possible to adjust the steering height.

Maybe they just disabled the feature by not exposing the lock lever but the steering rod still may have the pivot capability, just no lock/unlock lever.

A simple fix and you may actually get steering rake adjust.

Your a mech engineer so should be the easiest thing in the book.
You mean , with the help of L key you can unlock and either lower or lift the steering rake and lock it. If that is the case - then it is an added feature (only) for figo bhpians

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks