Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:18   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The ICE is definitely adequate for the segment. If your not satisfied replace all 4 door speakers with 5"X7" oval speakers from JBL. Then go for change in Head unit then if needed amplifier and sub.

If you want to listen using your iphone, the bluetooth audio streaming is the best. It's so easy and the sound quality is also very decent. No glove box no wires nothing.
thanks vid! the SP told me bluetooth wasnt available I should have looked more carefully. If I go in for the Figo (looks likelier by the day!) I will give the stock speakers a shot, and change if required. i do think i will need an amplifier and sub - will check other threads on this over the holidays. i will also need to budget for the alloys and a possible tyre change - are stock goodyears ok?
any idea about the part where the cars sags when loaded?
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:30   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Joe,
I have some doubts
How is the sound quality from the ford HU?
Does the peach colored interior is reflective?
Please clear my doubts
SHK
Like vid6639 said, sound quality is adequate. I'm more than happy with it. The bluetooth is not very friendly with my samsung galaxy s though. I find the red dash reflecting less.
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:43   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The car looks awesome,really handsome, not some thing fragile,

if i buy a diesel car in under 5.5, this will be it, in white
Going to get one on 25th as of now.

Yes, its white and titanium. (though won't have the luxury of fitting alloy wheels immediately and so no pics from side profile till then).

Days aren't moving since I booked it.

Would be bugging you on this thread or the official thread if I need any info.
Old 30th January 2011, 18:03   #469
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Heard that from Ford, a new Audio software is released and shipped with new cars. This may help to come out of bluetooth issues. But they say even some very popular models have problems with Bluetooth connectivity including Nokia E series
Old 1st February 2011, 17:31   #470
BHPian

Hi guys, have a few queries of my own (for figo Titanium TDCi)

* how are the alloys which are avialable as an option by Ford? is it better to buy it outside? The reason i'm asking this is since any alloys/tyres upgrade outside would void the warranty (AFAIK)
* is the 185/65 14 sized tyres avaialble as upgrades? does this improve the GC/driving characterstics
* What would be the bare minimum expenditure on the car once you get it from the showroom. This is to understand the initial price of the car.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:13   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Hi guys, have a few queries of my own (for figo Titanium TDCi)

* how are the alloys which are avialable as an option by Ford? is it better to buy it outside? The reason i'm asking this is since any alloys/tyres upgrade outside would void the warranty (AFAIK)
* is the 185/65 14 sized tyres avaialble as upgrades? does this improve the GC/driving characterstics
* What would be the bare minimum expenditure on the car once you get it from the showroom. This is to understand the initial price of the car.
- Ford alloys are good; but choice of design is less and they are costlier than options available outside. I have bought 14" Neo alloys, Twister design, set of 5, got it at wholesale price from Neo distributor, but he didn't have more designs with 108 PCD 14", I liked twister design so bought it. PM me if you need his contact details. You can also find some good alloys 14" alloys (Neo, Apollo, etc.) at Reliance Autozone near Basavanagudi. They were ready to offer set of 5 Neos for 17k when I checked, but I had already bought the alloys. One good thing about Neo alloys is you can use the OE nuts, and not bother about buying chrome nuts and the hassle of them rusting, breaking, etc.

- I have upgraded to 185/65 R14 Yoko C drives. Other options in the same size are Michelin XM1+, Yoko A drives, Bridgestone Potenza G3s. Whats your OE tyre? If its apollo, I think you can get good exchange price. I had Goodyear GT3s, and got a very good deal. But, I was told by one of the tyre dealers that he could have offered more for Apollos - maybe he was trying to lure me to go with him for new tyres, but I didn't.

- I too have TDCi Titanium, and have spent around 25K for alloys, tyre exchange, Packy poda mats, car cleaning stuff, jopasu duster, etc. I am yet to get seat covers (around 6-8k for good art-leather ones I guess), component speakers for front (4-5k), headlight bulb upgrade (~1K). So, in total one will be poorer by ~40k after you get the car on road

Hope the info helps. If you need more details, PM me and we can discuss.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:00   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
- I too have TDCi Titanium, and have spent around 25K for alloys
==========
in total one will be poorer by ~40k after you get the car on road
You can add fog lamps (4.5k) and the crazy USB cable (1 - 1.5k) to the list
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:00   #473
BHPian

Yeah - I can never understand why fog-lamps should cost 4.5K, and the USB cable 1.5K.

Anyways, I got both of them as freebies. So missed them in the list.

Someone posted DIY thingy for USB cable costing below 100 rupees in total. Maybe that can be tried.
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:47   #474
BHPian

Fantastic pictures!
The car looks superb. Phone pairing seems to be very useful tool to have. Is reversing easy in this car?
Old 3rd February 2011, 02:02   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, I got both of them as freebies. So missed them in the list.
wow! thats a great deal

Quote:
Someone posted DIY thingy for USB cable costing below 100 rupees in total. Maybe that can be tried.
I'm yet to install the USB. Planning to get the Rs 50 cable and will check with dealer if they can fit it for me!
Does it void the warranty even if we get it done by them, since the accessory is not an official ford one?
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:00   #476
BHPian

They may charge 1k for installation

On a serious note - if you just use the plugs/clips, and not cutting any wires, I guess it shouldn't void the warranty. Check with your dealer and see what they say.
Old 5th February 2011, 09:57   #477
BHPian

my usb never worked too from day 1. The guy struggled and struggled and finally i asked them to just take it off and give me door visors instead.
Old 6th February 2011, 19:13   #478
BHPian

The USB cable is just a simple wire by wire (5 wires mapped to 5 points in the socket) plugin to a existing socket, there is no wire cutting. Fog lamps are definitely a ripoff.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:22   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
Fantastic pictures!
The car looks superb. Phone pairing seems to be very useful tool to have. Is reversing easy in this car?
Thanks rkap01. Reverse visibility is not a problem but a parking sensor helps!
Old 15th February 2011, 19:51   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
The USB cable is just a simple wire by wire (5 wires mapped to 5 points in the socket) plugin to a existing socket, there is no wire cutting. Fog lamps are definitely a ripoff.

The USB cable is an USB - iPod combo and actually works, Slightly steep at 1000 a piece but is very useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks