Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 15:47   #436
h.k
BHPian

I lost one my wheel cups of my figo car thanks to bad roads in kerala, specially during rainy season. what i have learned is that 1) ensure your wheel cup is tied with a plastic lock, 2) if ever you hear any sound of anything form the car, stop the car getdown and check, i did not do so and i lost one of my wheel cup. now comes the worst news of all, when u buy a new figo 4 wheel cup cost you Rs 500 and later if you lose one you have to Pay Rs 700 each, i cannot understand how does this logic work.

figo also have problems of window falling going down even if fully wounded up.

however this is brilliant car to drive in the city. cheers.
Old 12th November 2010, 18:46   #437
BHPian

It is long time since I posted on the forum :-( . Joe, hope your TDCi baby is rocking !
My red hot TDCi Titanium is nearing the 8K mark, significant improvement in mileage after crossing 5K. Consistently getting upwards of 16 KMPL in the chock a block traffic of Bangalore. Last weekend, I went for a road trip to Madikeri - lot of spitited driving on highway, all those ghat roads of Coorg, trip to Thalakauvery etc. Still I got a mileage of about 19.3, which is awesome ! Would like to hear from other owners of TDCi on this.
Old 12th November 2010, 19:04   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I went for a road trip to Madikeri - lot of spitited driving on highway, all those ghat roads of Coorg, trip to Thalakauvery etc. Still I got a mileage of about 19.3, which is awesome ! Would like to hear from other owners of TDCi on this.
During diwali did Delhi -Lucknow (via NH2) and got a mileage of 20.6 (a lot of spirited driving as well, pushed her to 160 and she felt very stable even at those speeds )
Old 12th November 2010, 19:39   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
During diwali did Delhi -Lucknow (via NH2) and got a mileage of 20.6 (a lot of spirited driving as well, pushed her to 160 and she felt very stable even at those speeds )
Wow, that's great mileage despite you tearing away at 160 ! I never got a chance to cross 140, my wife will start getting nervous once I cross 120 even on those good toll roads . Waiting for an opportunity when she is not around and I am on a nice, long stretch to test the limits.
Old 13th November 2010, 23:03   #440
BHPian

@Revy bet the spirited driving lasted only till Kushalnagar. The roads cease to exist after that. 19.3 is very good mileage! I was not keeping tab of the car's mileage. I think I need to.
My Figo just crossed 13k kms. No major problems so far except for a slight oil leak from around the crank case. A visit to the service center seems to have fixed it. Need to take another look after a few hundred kilometres.

@perseus 20kmpl and 160 kmph! Both great figures.
Old 15th November 2010, 14:21   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
@perseus 20kmpl and 160 kmph! Both great figures.
I did not drive at those speeds for very long. I am not comfortable. Just wanted to test the max speed. It would have gone faster but I chickened out.

My figo has crossed 10k mark and luckily I am not facing any issues. There was small rattle from front passenger seat which was fixed in a couple of visits. Other than that, no rattle, no sound while braking, no bluetooth issues. Overall I am very happy with the car. (Titanium TDCi)

Last edited by perseus : 15th November 2010 at 14:24.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:59   #442
BHPian

All,
I have a issue with my Figo.
When I change gears, I feel there is a jerk most of the times.
Initially I thought I am not releasing the clutch properly as I could have used to my Swift.

However later on I am realizing, only if I release very very slowly (which I feel tooo slow as vehicle is running without accelerator for quite a few seconds. Especially while overtaking I think it is too slow to release the clutch that way) then only I am able to avoid this jerk. Otherwise most of the time depending upon the speed of releasingthe clutch, the jerk is more or less.

Does any one has this kind of issue? Or it is only me because of my driving style.
Old 24th November 2010, 17:07   #443
Senior - BHPian

^^ I guess you are up/downshifting a bit too early for the speed. Check your rpm and make sure you up shift at around 1-1.2k rpm.

I am ssuming you are driving a diesel
Old 25th November 2010, 15:02   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Check your rpm and make sure you up shift at around 1-1.2k rpm.

I am ssuming you are driving a diesel
Your are correct, I am driving a Diesel and I always upshift >1500 RPM.

I understand the jerk if I am downshifting at in appropriate speed and the engine braking which creates.

My issues is mostly when I upshift.
Old 25th November 2010, 15:52   #445
Senior - BHPian

How is the clutch play? You have 60K KMS of experience, I guess it would be a good bet if you make a quick visit to the service center.

Jerking while Up shifting is a weird problem (unless you accelerated too much for the next gear). Did you ask your other friends to drive the car and seen if they too are facing the issue?

And to confirm I drove ~7000 KM on Diesel Figo but did not face any issue while upshifting, though I did use to face the jerk while down shifting as I was a new to diesels.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:54   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
All,
I have a issue with my Figo.
When I change gears, I feel there is a jerk most of the times.
Initially I thought I am not releasing the clutch properly as I could have used to my Swift.

Does any one has this kind of issue? Or it is only me because of my driving style.
In fact I face the same issue while upshifting, but I have a very strong feeling I might not be driving (shifting) correctly. I too shift around 1,500 rpm, but the jerk happens most of the times and it's quite embarrassing for me as a driver who have clocked close to 50,000 kms in my previous Santro Xing. My ego as a good driver is already bruised

@anilisanil
Upshift at 1000 - 1,200 rpm??
Isn't that a bit too low. I think you are lugging your engine too much that way.

Last edited by jayded : 25th November 2010 at 17:55.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:01   #447
BHPian

I upshift around 1800-2000 RPM and haven't had any issues.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:07   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
In fact I face the same issue while upshifting, but I have a very strong feeling I might not be driving (shifting) correctly. I too shift around 1,500 rpm, but the jerk happens most of the times and it's quite embarrassing for me as a driver who have clocked close to 50,000 kms in my previous Santro Xing. My ego as a good driver is already bruised

@anilisanil
Upshift at 1000 - 1,200 rpm??
Isn't that a bit too low. I think you are lugging your engine too much that way.
My first gear change is at that range. And after that it should be higher. 1000-1200 my downshift range actually. I am not facing any problem that way! I generally get to know when I am lugging so I downshift, hopefully I am not doing that wrong.

Also, we generally tend to adopt our driving to the jerks and these would eventually be taken care of, it is generally a trial and error method, I guess.

I will try and put the rpm ranges for my gear shifts for my drive today!

an intersting link here: http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Findi...2/article.html

Last edited by anilisanil : 25th November 2010 at 18:23.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:22   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
My first gear change is at that range. And after that it should be higher. 1000-1200 my downshift range actually. I am not facing any problem that way! I generally get to know when I am lugging so I downshift, hopefully I am not doing that wrong.

Also, we generally tend to adopt our driving to the jerks and these would eventually be taken care of, it is generally a trial and error method, I guess.

I will try and put the rpm ranges for my gear shifts for my drive today!
For the least jerks in my car the upshift is normally around 1,500 rpm.
But the problem is that at times, even while following the same,it jerks! Anyways I'm now thinking it's my fault thats causing the jerk.
For a new car, yes, one will get time getting used to, but it's been close to 2,500 kms now, and still I'm proving useless in understanding the stuff

For the first time I am really wishing something is faulty with the car and not me
Old 25th November 2010, 19:00   #450
Team-BHP Support

The smoothest gear shift is at 2000rpm for the Figo TDCi. If you press the acc pedal too much and turbo spools up quicker then it won't be very smooth. Be light on the throttle and upshift at 2000rpm. Anything below and your lugging the engine when you upshift. Also the revs fall very quickly once you press the clutch, so you need to rev match unless if you upshift very quickly.

The smoothest gearshift is 3500rpm slamming it into the higher gear and still being on full boost in the higher gear. The car really flies at that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks