Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 15:04   #421
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mavrick. Figo titanium looks cool in white and offers good features at that price. Congrats. Do post some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries_mavrick View Post
So, punto emotion pack petrol and ford titanium diesel - almost the same price, almost the same feature set, one almost as good looking as the other (read - punto is much better looking on the outside)

Then the debate of petrol vs diesel came into the picture - did some basic analysis on excel and out came diesel as the logical choice. sooooooo, there it was the car of my dreams and research the Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium
The XLS sheet you have posted is great. But, you have missed some(in fact quite many) features of Punto which I would like to add(I'm not sure what all out of these are present in Figo as well):

1.4/1.3MJD Emotion Pack

- Speed Sensitive front Intermittent Wipers
- Rear AC Vents
- SMS Reader and SMS text display on MID. SMS notification by female voice+MID display
- FM/Song/Artist/Album/MP3 info display on MID
- Rear seats double foldable + 60:40 Split foldable as well
- Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors(ORVMs)
- Specific door open warning for all doors on MID
- Voice Commands for music, phone calls etc
- Speed sensitive volume/audio control
- Height adjustable headlamps
- Programmable Auto Door Locks/central locking
- Headlights can't be turned on without key(it has programmable follow me headlamps), so no need of headlamp warning.
- Controlled Area Networking(CAN) has 7 micro processors and Punto can also show warning on MID for: fused headlight bulb, tail lights, brake lights, turn indicators, number plate lights, Ice warning in case of external temperature approaching zero, engine oil, brake oil, power steering oil,
- Remote boot release but no electric boot release
- Rear coat hangers present
- Cup holders(2 front, 1 rear)
- Theater dimming front map lamps with spot function
- All four power windows are Auto down with driver side auto up as well(not sure about Figo)
- 15 inch Alloy wheels with 15 inch spare tyre
- 195/60 R15 tyres- widest possible in the segment

I might have forgotten a few

Punto Dynamic

The sheet deserves some changes:
- Door Ajar indicator is present
- Headlamp chime is not required instead of not available(it has follow me home headlamps)
- Day/Night Inside rear view mirror is present
- Cup holders are present(2 front+ 1 rear)
- Rear coat hooks are present
- Instrument panel light regulation is present
- speed sensitive front wipers
- DTE(range/distance to empty) is present
- Headlamp height adjustment control
- Warning messages on MID

Just enumerating to justify that Punto does pack a lot more features as compared to Figo.
Otherwise the xls sheet will always go one sided towards Figo every time.
Online Punto brochure is just a formality. It does not highlight many features present in this car.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 18th September 2010 at 15:17. Reason: formatting; more info
Old 18th September 2010, 17:17   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Ah ah ... Congrats for your brand new car and pardon me for saying that on the 28th page ...

I am in the brim of narrowing down a car for me... Confused between two... Fiat GP and Ford FiGo ... I read your whole post .. i mean the whole 28 pages... Now Figo seems to move up my chart quite , with a number of good points...

Now i was always particlular about Safety.. ABS and Airbags.. 2 queries for you.
Apologies if you think it can be answered elsewhere easily..

1.Does the ZXi has the option of having ABS alone....
2.Does the Air bag come with on of switch in the passenger side.. ?? Cos if you travel alone.. then u know..
Thanks man. There's no manual override switch for the passenger side airbag. It's a good thing right? What if you forget to turn it back on?

There's no abs only option on the ZXI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Joe, It would be appropriate to share the Mileage figures now

I have Swift VDI and Old Accent CRDI , planning to sell my accent and get a new car, so exploring options.

Also any one noticed any HID kit modded Figo's eager to see how it looks.
I don't use the car regularly. My father uses it most of the time. So it's difficult to keep track of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yes exactly what I mean. You and other figo onwers have the same problem in your cars? I will update with some images soon.
captain, I haven't noticed any on mine. Did you wax the car recently?
Old 18th September 2010, 22:31   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes exactly what I mean. You and other figo onwers have the same problem in your cars? I will update with some images soon.
Captain this could be because of the minerals in water which are precipitating on the plastics. Nothing to do with the plastic quality. My car has the plastic texture in tact.

Other reason could be improper waxing?

If water is the reason then avoid washing with that water because it damages the paint.
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:54   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post

captain, I haven't noticed any on mine. Did you wax the car recently?
No Joe, Car hasn't been waxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Captain this could be because of the minerals in water which are precipitating on the plastics. Nothing to do with the plastic quality. My car has the plastic texture in tact.

Other reason could be improper waxing?

If water is the reason then avoid washing with that water because it damages the paint.
Car has not been waxed, As you said it could be due to the water. But I have never seen this happen on other cars in the same segment.
A picture is worth a thousand words :P I will post a picture soon.
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:10   #425
BHPian

Agreed - about the feature set

Hey, Yeah, the feature set is much better in the Punto, agreed.
I only wish the diesel came at the same cost as the Figo diesel, would have definitely bought it.
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:31   #426
BHPian

Pics of my Ford Figo - TDCI Titanium as promised :)

Hey everyone,

this was long due, the images of my new White Ford Figo Titanium TdCi.

have driven the car around 600 Kms so far, and have absolutely enjoyed it. The only complaint i have is that the seats could have been more ergonomic (wish they had the fiesta's seats here, don't know if i could replace it with the fiesta's front seats for comfort sake) ; otherwise very happy with the car so far.

The stock music system is more than adequate for the kind of music i listen to, the Ac is a chiller, the rear bench is comfy and the leg room's good.

Also, i was shifting some luggage, there were around 14/16 small & medium sized cartons and a couple of large suitcases, i was very surprised to see that with the rear seats folded back everything came into the car with a little space to spare.

so far all is well people.

AM

Quote:
Click on the "arrow" icon to refer to more details about the car, it should take you to the post whose excerpt is pasted below.
Hi All,

This is my first full post to the Team-BHP forums.
After working in Mumbai for over 3 years, i switched jobs and had to relocate to Bangalore. Initial impressions of Bangalore as a city have been great, the weather being a chief contributor to that opinion. Having moved to Bangalore, my wife and I decided to buy a car for our daily needs and for the occasional long drive; considering i have heard a lot about the places to go see, in and around Bangalore which are said to be Beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-157.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-160.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-161.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-162.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-164.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-166.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-sid-marriage-173.jpg  

Last edited by Amartya : 7th October 2010 at 22:44. Reason: Edited out a past of the post because it was a large piece of quoted text, it's a good reference though,hence the link is mentioned.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:34   #427
BHPian

Finally got the extended warranty certificate, 6 months after delivery. 36 months / 120000 kms.

I don't think I'll be covering 120000 kms in 3 years!
Old 29th September 2010, 17:52   #428
BHPian

Quote:
I think Maruti does offers warranty on the wipers. I remember someone who got the wipers replaced under warranty.

Joe, How do you find the black plastic quality around the door on the out side? Is the color fading?
Captain,

Does it looks like a slight film of oil in the rubber parts! Mine is having a dark yellowish black/brown film like thing. Just rub it off with a cloth and it comes again after sometime. Looks like it is the rubber getting oxidized!
Old 30th September 2010, 16:05   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Finally got the extended warranty certificate, 6 months after delivery. 36 months / 120000 kms.

I don't think I'll be covering 120000 kms in 3 years!
Same here!! Its just a print out right ?
Old 30th September 2010, 22:23   #430
BHPian

@Captain yes just a printout with the dealer seal with the terms and conditions on the other side. Nothing special.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:30   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

This is my first full post to the Team-BHP forums.
After working in Mumbai for over 3 years, i switched jobs and had to relocate to Bangalore. Initial impressions of Bangalore as a city have been great, the weather being a chief contributor to that opinion. Having moved to Bangalore, my wife and I decided to buy a car for our daily needs and for the occasional long drive; considering i have heard a lot about the places to go see, in and around Bangalore which are said to be Beautiful.

First of all. White ford figo looks great. Congrats.

Secondly . Ford Emotion pack 1.4 costs 7.1 L in bangalore. good to know its just 6.6L in hyd.

I am planning to g for Punto 1.2 Dynamic and save on almost 2L which will make it more VFM. Do you think Figo ZXI / TITANIUM petrol will be a bettr option for around 5L.

Last edited by bblost : 7th October 2010 at 21:45. Reason: Please do not quote a full large post. Thanks.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:47   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by draz View Post
Ford Emotion pack 1.4 costs 7.1 L in bangalore.
As per my limited knowledge, there is no car with Emotion Pack tag from the Ford stable.

And,I guess that you got confused b/w Ford Figo & Fiat Punto Emotion Pack

Mods, sorry for the OFF-TOPIC post!

Amith

Last edited by Amartya : 7th October 2010 at 22:37. Reason: Removed some pieces of text that appeared on the post
Old 7th October 2010, 22:00   #433
BHPian

Quote:

Secondly . Ford Emotion pack 1.4 costs 7.1 L in bangalore. good to know its just 6.6L in hyd.

I am planning to go for Punto 1.2 Dynamic and save on almost 2L which will make it more VFM. Do you think Figo ZXI / TITANIUM petrol will be a better option for around 5L.

Oops..sorry for the TYPO..

I mean Fiat Punto Emotion pack
Old 7th October 2010, 22:10   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am planning to g for Punto 1.2 Dynamic and save on almost 2L which will make it more VFM. Do you think Figo ZXI / TITANIUM petrol will be a better option for around 5L.
Hi Draz. First of all, I would like to say that though Figo has smaller dimensions, it is equally spacious as Punto which is 4000mm long.

I will not go into comparos as it leads to discussions and arguments all over again.
What I believe is that Figo makes more sense if you opt for the 1.4TDCi variant. In Figo Titanium the major advantage is that it has airbags.
Otherwise, Punto dynamic and Figo has almost the same features.

Punto scores in terms of cheaper spare parts, lower maintenance cost, better looks(subjective) and longer(3987mm).
The ride quality, driving comfort and handling of Punto is one of the best in the segment.

Take a test drive of both Punto and Figo back to back and decide yourself. Everyone has his/her own requirements and expectations from a car.

Last edited by Amartya : 7th October 2010 at 22:38. Reason: The post you mentioned has been cleaned up. Kindly use the report posts option to notify us, thanks.
Old 8th October 2010, 10:10   #435
BHPian

Well am trying to contact the FOrd person for the test drive. his response is not that great ( ford metro )

Makes me think if their pre sales is like this..how will For post sales service be .

Already have some negative feedback about ford service form my cousin who owns a ford ikon in blore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks