Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 12:35   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishF1 View Post
Dude... amazing to know such a trivial difference between the 2 models. Congrats!!! I thought its the father in law who books cars for their son in laws... Good gesture!!!

I am also getting body coloured bumpers. I chose the sea grey, so can I call it door handle/ ORVM coloured body?? I guess the colour more or less matches so I am not too bothered about it. The chrome finish can also be lived without. Not sure how much I would miss the rear wiper; on the other hand my earlier cars didnt have that, and I also dont find that feature in most sedans (does any sedan have this?? rear defogger, even my earlier Esteem Vxi had and I hadnt used it much). Not sure about the reason though...
I had the Swift Vxi earlier and without the defogger,made life uncomfortable..I think that really helps
Old 10th June 2010, 13:03   #392
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Engine oil - Rs 829
Do you remember the quantity of oil used?
Old 10th June 2010, 13:30   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I had the Swift Vxi earlier and without the defogger,made life uncomfortable..I think that really helps
As long as I am able to control the temperature inside the car (interior vs exterior), the defogger is not a real must... the wiper is a far better feature worth spending on. But the stretch is a bit too much so I am going to live with the Exi version. Any idea how long I need to wait for my Figo?? Dealer said 6 weeks when I booked the car; but with Ford bringing in an additional shift, I was thinking of a shorter wait period!!!

Let me tell you that the wait seems to be longer than what it seems... Every day seems like a month just gone by...
Old 10th June 2010, 15:53   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishF1 View Post
As long as I am able to control the temperature inside the car (interior vs exterior), the defogger is not a real must... the wiper is a far better feature worth spending on. But the stretch is a bit too much so I am going to live with the Exi version. Any idea how long I need to wait for my Figo?? Dealer said 6 weeks when I booked the car; but with Ford bringing in an additional shift, I was thinking of a shorter wait period!!!

Let me tell you that the wait seems to be longer than what it seems... Every day seems like a month just gone by...
I would agree with settling for the Exi part since the color is grey.I was 99% sure of booking the Exi one till the last minute when thought body colored mirrors and door handles would look much better considering the color was squeeze.And the difference of 18K made me go for the Zxi.

The dealer had told me he will deliver within a month,thats a couple of weeks from now.Lets see when they actually deliver
Old 12th June 2010, 22:27   #395
BHPian

I managed to break a mud flap too. It's too brittle and too low. Asked for a spare at Kairali ford but was out of stock. They were busy celebrating the 1000th Figo delivery.

I've been driving in the rains for almost a week. The rear wiper is indispensable especially because the outside rear view mirrors turn useless in the rain. The michelins are performing admirably too. I'm no longer keeping a tab on the fuel consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Sorry I don't. Just 3500 kms to the next service so I'll take a note.
Old 12th June 2010, 22:39   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think it's too early to say. Ford has reduced the part costs for sure.

It's not just about Ford bringing the price down but allowing you to change just the defective part instead of the whole unit which helped.

Check GTO's Ford factory visit thread for more info.
Old 13th June 2010, 09:44   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

4 litres. just found the first service bill.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:40   #398
h.k
BHPian

few initial problems with figo

Quote:
4 litres. just found the first service bill.
no fuel complimentary was a sad thing to see. the mud flap is not available though they said they shall give it later when I come to the service centre.

the power windows stopped working for a minute.

tats all.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:57   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
It's not just about Ford bringing the price down but allowing you to change just the defective part instead of the whole unit which helped.

Check GTO's Ford factory visit thread for more info.
I still feel ford is expensive compared to Maruti.
7,300 for the figo's front windshield is bit high.
19xx was only for the labour!
Old 5th July 2010, 22:56   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Looks higher, however the windshields (esp. front ones) are technically advanced pieces of engineering and are not cheap. You can get outside quote from Windshield experts & JC Road too. I bet the only difference you'll see was with F.a.s.s Labour charges. Don't get that feeling that maruti would have been cheaper. Its NOT, it will never be in the 22nd century.

Check some quotes posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...at-do-now.html

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 5th July 2010 at 23:01.
Old 6th July 2010, 01:49   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Well, I'd say it is quite alright, my Baleno's windshield cost something like Rs.7700, but the total costs were close to 13K, owning to the adhesives (and the sealants) and the labour charges.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:20   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
no fuel complimentary was a sad thing to see. the mud flap is not available though they said they shall give it later when I come to the service centre.
I too got the same deal from my dealer. No gas and no flaps(at time of delivery).

Last edited by kage9091 : 14th July 2010 at 14:32.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:13   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
I too got the same deal from my dealer. No gas and no flaps(at time of delivery).
No fuel at the time of delivery is a little too stingy. I agree that their margins must be thin, but if not 5 but 3 litres of fuel shouldn't be that hard to do.
Old 19th July 2010, 12:34   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
No fuel at the time of delivery is a little too stingy. I agree that their margins must be thin, but if not 5 but 3 litres of fuel shouldn't be that hard to do.
I got 10 litres of diesel at the time of delivery. Maybe it was a launch only offer.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:44   #405
BHPian

A quick update: The mud flap is available only as a set so got all four replaced. Set of four cost 509 Rs.

The car's done 9200 kms and will be due for service soon. I drove a Fiesta the other day for a few hours and couldn't notice that the engine noise was a lot less in the cabin, especially on a cold start. The ride is definitely better on the Figo though. Maybe it's because the Fiesta is 60k and 4 years old.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks