Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 12:01   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Have been meaning to ask since sometime. How is the seating position of the Figo ? Is it a walk in or a sit down ? I am comparing it directly with the Swift's front seats. For people with a slipped disc (such as me) it is of great relevance.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Figo is an older design, and in line with those times, it's rather low slung. I'm pretty sure I made a mention of this in my review. For those with back problems, tall boys (i10, Ritz, Santro, WagonR etc.) are way more suited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
I suffer from multiple slipped discs. Some surgically corrected and some not yet. I can tell you right away that Figo is not a good car for your purpose. You would be best in a Fusion, or WagonR or any other that offer firm upright seating.

Have done 18 hours straight in the Fusion and not a problem.
Ricky. The Swift too has a low seating comparable to the Figo. That is what i felt. For a bad back. Please do strictly check out only the tall boy designs.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:35   #347
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Figo is an older design, and in line with those times, it's rather low slung. I'm pretty sure I made a mention of this in my review. For those with back problems, tall boys (i10, Ritz, Santro, WagonR etc.) are way more suited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Ricky. The Swift too has a low seating comparable to the Figo. That is what i felt. For a bad back. Please do strictly check out only the tall boy designs.
I am tall and felt some amount of discomfort (foot pain) in Santro especially in clutch & braking after a long drive. But I did not have any problem in M800.
I think the leg room is made less in the tall boy vehicles - correct if I am wrong.
But due to better leg room in Figo, the tall guys should not have problem is what I feel ( because I have already booked )
Old 28th April 2010, 13:42   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am tall and felt some amount of discomfort (foot pain) in Santro especially in clutch & braking after a long drive. But I did not have any problem in M800.
I think the leg room is made less in the tall boy vehicles - correct if I am wrong.
But due to better leg room in Figo, the tall guys should not have problem is what I feel ( because I have already booked )
You won't, i ma 6'2 and can fit in it and drive comfortably, suggest finding an optimum seating position when you get your car. that helps and also neck and lumbar pillows can make it even more comfortable.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:47   #349
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
You won't, i ma 6'2 and can fit in it and drive comfortably, suggest finding an optimum seating position when you get your car. that helps and also neck and lumbar pillows can make it even more comfortable.
I am also 6.2" and your post writes off my worries. Will get neck & lumbar stuff. Thanks
Old 28th April 2010, 14:42   #350
BHPian

I'm at my farm in TN now and left the Figo at home. It's been only a week but I don't remember the seating position. I am getting old

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Congrats Joe on the car.
And congrats on the photos, they are striking, specially the one in the light and shade. After seeing the pictures all my doubts regarding the Coral Dash has disappeared.
Thanks Shubhodeepdas@g! I like the hellboy dashboard. Whenever I see a Figo with the ebony dash I feel something's missing. You have multiple slipped discs and you've driven 18 hours straight?
Old 28th April 2010, 15:56   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Thanks Shubhodeepdas@g! I like the hellboy dashboard. Whenever I see a Figo with the ebony dash I feel something's missing. You have multiple slipped discs and you've driven 18 hours straight?
Many times. Definitely on a this trip. Bangalore > Chennai > Vijaywada (stopover) > Chilka (stopover) > Bhubaneswar > Rourkela (stopover) > Calcutta and then back on a similar but not same route. More here.
Bangalore to Calcutta – Part 1 | Das's Roadblog

Normally take a break every 150 kms for about 10 minutes, just walk around, maybe a tea or coffee. Plan to do a Kanyakumari > Leh once my Kid is a little older. Orthopedic is a close friend and that helps.
Old 29th April 2010, 09:37   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Quote:
What about getting in and out. I guess with the low steering position and the steering adjustment option missing, getting in and out might not be that easy for people with long legs.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:15   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What about getting in and out. I guess with the low steering position and the steering adjustment option missing, getting in and out might not be that easy for people with long legs.
Its not the most easy get in/out option for tall people, but i got used to it and not uncomfortable or inconvenient. I did talk to another figo owner who is getting a tilt for his steering. Need to talk to him and find out how
Old 29th April 2010, 16:31   #354
BHPian

Quote:
I did talk to another figo owner who is getting a tilt for his steering. Need to talk to him and find out how
/\ Hey, this is interesting. Pls let us know of the results. Reach doesn't matter much to me but I would certainly welcome tilt if it can be done.
Old 29th April 2010, 16:38   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Dont be surprised, Ford HO has someone to go through all the print and web user reviews, comments and photos that get published on a daily basis. I used to get few calls time to time when my thread was active during the July - Sept 2009 period. Its part of the marketing team's duty to make sure everybody is happy with the brand. So, if something is not right, they will intervene.

In my case, I was not happy with the sales guy who was dealing with me pre-delivery time. It came to a stage the HO had faxed my thread link to the dealer to warn the guy and get things sorted out in a professional manner.

Later the HO Regional Sales Head had visited me personally too, offering a coffee day treat, not forgetting the pure sandal wood momento with a Ford logo he gifted also the complimentary underbody coating !
Ford also has an internal audit and control system in place, to keep a tab on the sales people, who are in the habit of taking the customers for a ride.

I have had a biiiiiig experience first hand.
Old 29th April 2010, 16:41   #356
BHPian

Hi Joe.

Congrats for the new Figo.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:55   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Have been meaning to ask since sometime. How is the seating position of the Figo ? Is it a walk in or a sit down ? I am comparing it directly with the Swift's front seats. For people with a slipped disc (such as me) it is of great relevance.
If you like the Figo then look for a old stock Fusion. It has all the comforts of a Fusion with the tall boy stance.

Santro, Wagon R are also tall but dont give you that big car feel.
Old 30th April 2010, 14:48   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Hi Joe.

Congrats for the new Figo.
Thanks man.
Ford's internal audit system did work for me
Old 30th April 2010, 16:24   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
/\ Hey, this is interesting. Pls let us know of the results. Reach doesn't matter much to me but I would certainly welcome tilt if it can be done.
Will do just need to ensure it doesnt void warranty or the response from the steering.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:30   #360
BHPian

Hi there, I too have a figo at home. Wanted to know where is the radiator fan in the engine compartment? The fan that I see clearly on the front side is the evaporator fan (AC) but i am not able to figure out the radiator fan location.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks