Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 09:44   #256
Senior - BHPian

Joe. Is there any difference after the service. Engine smoothness/sound levels?

How much was quoted for the Fog lamps? And do you know what oil they are using? At that price it cant be synthetic. But how can it run 10K km on mineral oil.

Last edited by gemithomas : 10th April 2010 at 09:45.
Old 10th April 2010, 14:05   #257
BHPian

A quick update on the highway mileage : The car did 294 kms on 16.4 litres of diesel, which works out to 17.93 kmpl. The car easily touched an indicated 140kmph with 5 onboard and a boot full of luggage. With light traffic and a light foot (and a lot of patience) 20+ mileage is definitely possible.

@Gemi I'm not sure but I think the diesel clatter's reduced a bit. The service guys were not sure about the cost of the fogs. He promised to call me back with the price but didn't. The sticker in the engine bay says synthetic or semi synthetic oil only. So I guess it's semi synthetic.

Last edited by joethomasv : 10th April 2010 at 14:11.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:41   #258
Senior - BHPian

Hi Joe,
Read the thread in one go and I am impressed with the way the white Figo looks. Very impressive I must say and to top it all the royal treatment you are receiving form ford guys, makes me wonder if things have changed a lot at ford.
Enjoy the figo and keep updating the thread.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:20   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

@joethomas: The figo uses semi-synthetic oil.
Once you have clocked around 10,000km, try switching to synthetic (if you can afford it as it is around Rs. 5K and is quite steep) and see the difference.
I tried it in our fiesta when it had crossed 55Kkm and the car felt smoother and more revv happy as well.
Generally I never go beyond 90-100kmph, but this time I did 110 - 120kmph a few times without realizing it.
Old 11th April 2010, 08:50   #260
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
A quick update on the highway mileage : The car did 294 kms on 16.4 litres of diesel, which works out to 17.93 kmpl. The car easily touched an indicated 140kmph with 5 onboard and a boot full of luggage. With light traffic and a light foot (and a lot of patience) 20+ mileage is definitely possible.

@Gemi I'm not sure but I think the diesel clatter's reduced a bit. The service guys were not sure about the cost of the fogs. He promised to call me back with the price but didn't. The sticker in the engine bay says synthetic or semi synthetic oil only. So I guess it's semi synthetic.
Great Info Joe. Bit relieved on seeing the mileage.. Worried on that front. On seeing your post, it would easily settle between 20-22 if driven smoothly on highways.
In "whatcar - April Edition" Figo was ranked No 1. with a mileage of 18.5km/l in highways.
I think you are the potential test lab for Figo Diesel in our forum

Last edited by RGK : 11th April 2010 at 08:58. Reason: wrong info
Old 11th April 2010, 10:37   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
And do you know what oil they are using? At that price it cant be synthetic. But how can it run 10K km on mineral oil.
I dunno what oil Ford has recommended for FIGO but as in general why can't mineral oil run for 10k kms ?
Old 11th April 2010, 10:47   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I dunno what oil Ford has recommended for FIGO but as in general why can't mineral oil run for 10k kms ?
I thought mineral oils best run only 5K. The max i've heard is 7.5K on FIATs. I always thought synthetics were there for anything above that.
Old 12th April 2010, 03:00   #263
Senior - BHPian

Hi Joe,

[img] http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/311724d1269097565-ford-figo-titanium-tdci-initial-ownership-report-new5.jpg [/img]

is the above part same as the one that is the link given below?

Fiesta MK6-Lower Steering Colum Cowl (With Audio Switch Fitment) - Parts Shop - FordPartsUK
Old 12th April 2010, 10:37   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I thought mineral oils best run only 5K. The max i've heard is 7.5K on FIATs. I always thought synthetics were there for anything above that.
Linea has a 15k/1 year interval on mineral oil. The Manza apparently has a 2Ok interval! I would stick to a max of 10K/1 year irrespective of what the manual says.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:07   #265
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Ford/Figo owners - How are wheel nuts (4 nos) for removing tires designed. Does it have inner thread or outer thread.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:38   #266
superveloce

Hey joe i remember you saying that the ride is not very confident above 120kmph, but yesterday night i was driving down from mumbai to pune on the 6lane expressway and this red figo titanium tdci zipped past me. he was upwards of 120kmph. Just to take a closer look of how the vehicle was, i tailed that vehicle. the driver increased speed to as much as 140+kmph. and i must say, the figo pulled so cleanly, i had to rev the nuts of my swift (g-series) engine to keep up with him.
All the auto mags write about how the figo has no top end, but the way that driver was putting pedal to metal, it certainly dint seem that way. he even performed some very rash and quick lane changes and also a couple of slalom tricks zipping between slower (they were doing like 100kmph) traffic.
The only thing time i felt better being in my swift was when he had to brake and i was much more in control though we both had ABS, proly because i have potenzas and he was on his stock tires.
But the way the vehicle was changing lanes at high speeds, really impressed me, it was almost as good if not better than my swift.

This makes me point out a few things i felt lacking in the figo. Better rubber would definitely help on this vehicle. Because even with ABS the brakes are not the best. Without abs, and with smaller rotors and drums, i think they are woeful.

Please correct me if im wrong, but these are just my opinions.

The funny thing which i cant comprehend is dat, when i test drove the figo tdci i didnt really find it quick and i thought the multijet is much more punchy. But after seeing the car burn the roads last night im perplexed.

oh and the crazy driver behind the wheel of the red hot figo was a 50 something gentleman with his wife.

Old 12th April 2010, 16:00   #267
RGK
Senior - BHPian

In his last mileage review Joe confirmed that Figo was comfortable at 140 with 5 pax on board.
Coming to your real time review, it is good info to know about the tuned TDCi's capability at high rev's and the stability Figo provides.

The question - is it safe to drive at these kind of speeds in a smaller animal.

Last edited by RGK : 12th April 2010 at 16:02.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:11   #268
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
In his last mileage review Joe confirmed that Figo was comfortable at 140 with 5 pax on board.
Coming to your real time review, it is good info to know about the tuned TDCi's capability at high rev's and the stability Figo provides.

The question - is it safe to drive at these kind of speeds in a smaller animal.
Thats what RGK, joe had mentioned that he had 5 people on board, but this vehicle was with only 2 people on board. Then again its not advisable to be doing those speeds, and i feel ashamed that i matched him at times as well.

What i intended to highlight is that i never felt the figo could pull strong from 100 to 140 or 120 to 140kmph but it did so with what seemed like relative ease.
And also that i tailed that vehicle just to observe from behind how stable the vehicle felt at speeds 120+ and how much the body roll (cab roll) was appaprent. That was the exact surprise! The roll seemed negligible and infact the driver pulled some really fast slalom moves and the vehicle was quick and precise, no drama.
That is what astonished me about the figo.

Old 12th April 2010, 17:28   #269
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<i never felt the figo could pull strong from 100 to 140 or 120 to 140kmph>>>

Every review says that the Figo looses its breath at high-speeds. But your experience yesterday night throws a challenge against MJD's in highways.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:32   #270
BHPian

I'm going to give synthetic oil a try at the next change. At 5k it's quite steep! I hope it's worth it. Is there a sure shot way to check if the oil's due for a change? It would save a lot of oil and a lot of engines.

@govigov the part looks same except for the key hole. The figo's is circular and seems quite a bit bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Ford/Figo owners - How are wheel nuts (4 nos) for removing tires designed. Does it have inner thread or outer thread.
RGK, the thread is on the inside.

@superveloce @RGK, I did say that I had trouble going above 120 but it had more to do with me and less with the car. The drive to Trivandrum and back changed that. With 5 onboard, the car touched 140 easily. Not Civic easy, but the engine was in no way strained.
The car loses steam after around 3500 but I think it does 140 at a lower rpm. I didn't attempt any stunts because I had my whole family with me but the car felt quite stable at those speeds. I don't think the engine can outdo the suspension.

One thing I like about the Figo (I've driven the Swift quite a bit on the highways) is the way it handles surprises : Hit a rough patch at 100+ speeds and the car won't complain much. I think they've softened the newer Swifts but I don't think the Figo can match the older one's handling on good roads. Also I think the MJD is more fun!

Last edited by joethomasv : 12th April 2010 at 20:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks