Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 14:48   #241
BHPian

@sameer Thanks. The smart pricing is definitely helping Ford. I hardly notice the dash color now. Infact, when I see a Figo with a black dash, I feel something's missing.

@scorpio07 I got Goodyear with the car but changed to Michelins.

Last edited by joethomasv : 9th April 2010 at 14:51.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:38   #242
Senior - BHPian

Joe, Did you notice an improvement in ride quality after the tyre upgrade? Your first 1st service is done?
Old 9th April 2010, 15:43   #243
BHPian

@captain I'll get the car only at 5pm. I didn't drive much with the OE tyres to notice any difference. Also they had overinflated the tyres. So initially I thought the ride quality took a beating because of the upgrade.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:46   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
The advisor has promised to call me back in 30 min.
They dropped me off at Oberon mall in a squeeze Figo.. The same one that comes in the 'Mehendi' ad!
Which variant was it? Petrol or diesel?

Please post the price of USB and fog if you know.

Last edited by mkerala : 9th April 2010 at 15:47.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:13   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

I think that should be one of the pre production models with a TN 19 registration if I'm not mistaken. I have personally seen squeeze titanium petrol with coral dash at the Cochin dealer around a month back. Not sure if it was a demo piece or a customer car. It sure did not have the TD stickers on them!

Last edited by longhorn : 9th April 2010 at 16:15.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:13   #246

Quote:
Looks like my car is famous at Kairali Ford. The service manager himself came and took the car in for service. He said the drivers have informed him earlier about the missing alloy caps and will try to get a replacement. Since I've already placed an order for one at pitstop, I didn't want to trouble them anymore.

I asked the service advisor about the fogs and he said it can be fixed without removing the bumper. I've seen the stripped figo picture in Gemi's thread so wasn't too sure. He later confirmed that unlike in the Fiesta, the bumper need to be removed to fix the fog lamps. He wasn't sure about the rear fogs either and admitted that they haven't fixed one in a Figo yet. Mine's the first one coming in for service too. The service will take only 3 hours but fixing the fog might take time. So if the work won't be finished today I will have to get it fixed later.
The advisor has promised to call me back in 30 min.
They dropped me off at Oberon mall in a squeeze Figo.. The same one that comes in the 'Mehendi' ad!
I doubt about your special relationship you share with your dealer. You seem to be very royally treated. Starting from delivery, some initial hick-up on the fuse, now the service.... I am not able to fathom. Is it only for him or all the Figo customers ???

"They dropped me off at Oberon mall in a squeeze Figo.. The same one that comes in the 'Mehendi' ad! " Thats rubbing salt on Squeeze aspirants wound(including me)...
Old 9th April 2010, 21:56   #247
BHPian

Got the car after the service. The rattling sound from the rear door was fixed. They couldn't find a replacement alloy cap so they gave me a 40% discount on the bill. (I did tell them that I've already ordered one)

The 2500 km service cost - (prices include tax)
Wash Fluid Pouch - Rs 55
Oil Filter - Rs 342
(I still remember the shock when I got the lancer's service bill : The oil filter alone cost 2000Rs)

Engine oil - Rs 829
Labour and services - Rs 0.00
VAT - Rs 86
Total : Rs 1312
Amount paid after discount : Rs 771.

Quote:

@longhorn is right, it's the tn-19 titanium diesel. It's probably preproduction. I did see a squeeze base variant at the showroom. USB was not in stock with them. They needed 4 hours to fix the fogs which I didn't have so opted to get it fixed later, maybe next week. They need to remove the whole bumper and get it fixed. Also I guess there'll be lot of wiring work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
I doubt about your special relationship you share with your dealer. You seem to be very royally treated. Starting from delivery, some initial hick-up on the fuse, now the service.... I am not able to fathom. Is it only for him or all the Figo customers ???

"They dropped me off at Oberon mall in a squeeze Figo.. The same one that comes in the 'Mehendi' ad! " Thats rubbing salt on Squeeze aspirants wound(including me)...
Yes I do feel I've bought a 30 lakh car and not a 6 lakh one. I guess only my car had the initial hickup hence the extra love and affection. Ford's service has been exceptional so far.

Last edited by joethomasv : 9th April 2010 at 21:58.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:06   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Got the car after the service. The rattling sound from the rear door was fixed. They couldn't find a replacement alloy cap so they gave me a 40% discount on the bill. (I did tell them that I've already ordered one)

The 2500 km service cost - (prices include tax)
Wash Fluid Pouch - Rs 55
Oil Filter - Rs 342
(I still remember the shock when I got the lancer's service bill : The oil filter alone cost 2000Rs)

Engine oil - Rs 829
Labour and services - Rs 0.00
VAT - Rs 86
Total : Rs 1312
Amount paid after discount : Rs 771.

Is this paid or free service? Is the same cost for next service? How much did you cost for sun film and number plate? Did you do any under body coating?
Old 9th April 2010, 22:10   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is this paid or free service? Is the same cost for next service? How much did you cost for sun film and number plate? Did you do any under body coating?
If you read his post it says labour and service is free which means free service.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:12   #250
BHPian

@mkerala Labour is free for the first two services. The parts cost should be the same for consequent services. I didn't get the plates from the dealer. It cost me around 350 Rs. I didn't go for any underbody coating.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:33   #251
Senior - BHPian

Just one more thing Joe, did the service people try and push the SystemG for the engine?
Old 9th April 2010, 23:25   #252
Senior - BHPian

System G is used for Gasoline engines, not diesel.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:45   #253
Senior - BHPian

sorry then system D then. My sales agent told me that they recommend System G and D, so wanted to know if the service people push for it.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:57   #254
Senior - BHPian

Not sure what the Figo manual says, but the Fiesta petrol manual recommends System G whereas the Fiesta Diesel does not recommend any additives. Check what your manual says.
Old 10th April 2010, 08:00   #255
BHPian

Just checked. The Figo manual don't recommend any diesel additives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks