Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 14:39   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Joe - You proved again that not only Figo, but also Nikon works very well in your hands.
In fiesta when the headlights are on, the dim is constant throughout - Just the long beam is off during dim and it is ON during bright (the dim is not at all disturbed).
Thanks RGK The headlights work the same way in the Civic, Laura etc. But the dim bulb is in a separate unit right? The Figo's is a single bulb. Wonder if dual beam xenons are available.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:08   #227
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Thanks RGK The headlights work the same way in the Civic, Laura etc. But the dim bulb is in a separate unit right? The Figo's is a single bulb. Wonder if dual beam xenons are available.
Exactly. That works if there are two bulbs.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:44   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Exactly. That works if there are two bulbs.

Maybe thats the reason in Figo, i can't see a visible difference in dim / bright (Joethomas suggested this - Just pull the lever until you hear a click and then leave it. Pulling it again will switch to bright)

In my Indica, when i pull the level towars me and leave it, i can clearly see the visibility difference. Gues it doesnt happen that way in Figo.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:52   #229
BHPian

@Joe..Is your book unlock in your remote working fine. Mine is not working and have complained to the dealer. Same issue in a couple of other Figos as well.They had asked me to bring it in to check it.

Btw - There is an "Introduction meet" for Ford Figo customers at Chennai Ford on 10th April 2010 at 5.30pm. Are they arranging something like this in your place as well? Wanted to know if this a country wide initiative by Ford or by this specific dealer
Old 8th April 2010, 16:01   #230
Senior - BHPian

e-biz, press the boot unlock twice quickly. Like a double click. It's a safety feature. If the double click is not unlocking the boot, then you have an issue.

Chennai Ford had organized one for the Fiesta. MPL did not. I think it's a dealer specific initiative to build goodwill.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:04   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
@Joe..Is your book unlock in your remote working fine. Mine is not working and have complained to the dealer. Same issue in a couple of other Figos as well.They had asked me to bring it in to check it.

Btw - There is an "Introduction meet" for Ford Figo customers at Chennai Ford on 10th April 2010 at 5.30pm. Are they arranging something like this in your place as well? Wanted to know if this a country wide initiative by Ford or by this specific dealer
You need to press the unlock button twice. It prevents accidentally unlocking the boot.

I haven't got any calls yet. I guess it's a dealer thing.
Quote:
Maybe thats the reason in Figo, i can't see a visible difference in dim / bright (Joethomas suggested this - Just pull the lever until you hear a click and then leave it. Pulling it again will switch to bright)

In my Indica, when i pull the level towars me and leave it, i can clearly see the visibility difference. Gues it doesnt happen that way in Figo.
I think Indica also has a single bulb with two points, dim and bright. There should be a visible difference in the Figo. Maybe you need to get your's checked.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:06   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's few more pictures. The mirrors fold both ways, but not fully. Also there's a gap between the door and the B pillar on both the front and rear doors. Signs of cost cutting? The other two pics are from the Alto and the Civic, for comparison. Considering the size difference between the window sill/panels of the three cars, the gap is quite huge.

Also the car don't seem to have any audible warning if the car door is opened forcibly. In the civic, if you remote lock the door and if it's opened manually( even from the inside), the horn starts off. No such warning in the Figo's system.

@RGK I haven't checked the mileage on the highway. I'll try to get a number day after on my drive to Trivandrum.

The car performs very well upto 110-120kmph. The handling and braking are excellent.It's only when I tried to take it above 120 that I felt a little uncomfortable.

@e-biz There's a dim. Just pull the lever until you hear a click and then leave it. Pulling it again will switch to bright.

Joe, I have the same gap in my car. I used to think it was a defect until I saw other figos with the gap.
This is surely cost cutting at its best

Quote:

Ebiz,
you need to press it twice to open it. Have you tried this?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 8th April 2010 at 16:08.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:21   #233
BHPian

Thanks @captain slow,@Gilead, @joe Boot gets unlocked if i press the boot unlock key in the remote twice....
Old 9th April 2010, 09:31   #234
BHPian

The fog lamps are in stock at Kairali Ford, but the USB cable is not. I'm going to get the fog lamps fixed today. Let's see how it goes. I'll try to get some pics but since I'll be getting the service also done, I'm not sure when exactly they'll be doing it.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:48   #235
BHPian

@Joe, Glow plug indicator: Manual says turn on the ignition after the glow plug indicator turns off, i have not seen the glow plug indicator get lit at the first place. Have you seen it?
Also, when i switch it on a 1st postion all lights come up, and it sounds a chime 3 times. Then MIL, Engline fuel lamp and battery lamo are ON, upon ignition all the lights go off. Is it the same for you?
Old 9th April 2010, 11:03   #236
BHPian

Looks like my car is famous at Kairali Ford. The service manager himself came and took the car in for service. He said the drivers have informed him earlier about the missing alloy caps and will try to get a replacement. Since I've already placed an order for one at pitstop, I didn't want to trouble them anymore.

I asked the service advisor about the fogs and he said it can be fixed without removing the bumper. I've seen the stripped figo picture in Gemi's thread so wasn't too sure. He later confirmed that unlike in the Fiesta, the bumper need to be removed to fix the fog lamps. He wasn't sure about the rear fogs either and admitted that they haven't fixed one in a Figo yet. Mine's the first one coming in for service too. The service will take only 3 hours but fixing the fog might take time. So if the work won't be finished today I will have to get it fixed later.
The advisor has promised to call me back in 30 min.
They dropped me off at Oberon mall in a squeeze Figo.. The same one that comes in the 'Mehendi' ad!

@scorpio07 Yes the warning lamps work the same way in mine. I'm not sure if there's a glow plug indicator in the Figo. I don't remember seeing one in the Fiesta either.

Last edited by joethomasv : 9th April 2010 at 11:06.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:06   #237
BHPian

Quote:

@scorpio07 Yes the warning lamps work the same way in mine. I'm not sure if there's a glow plug indicator in the Figo. I don't remember seeing one in the Fiesta either.
Thanks Joe, put up some pics when you have fogged the figo
Old 9th April 2010, 12:15   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Thanks Joe, put up some pics when you have fogged the figo
They need atleast 4 hours to fog the Figo. I need to pick someone up from the airport at 5. So postponed the fogging.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:23   #239
BHPian

Super report Joe of Figo. The Figo has taken a lead over the Polo as there are lot more Figo's on the road. White looks awesome. The dash will take some time to get used to. Happy Driving.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:24   #240
BHPian

Hi Joe,
what tyres are yours Apollo or Goodyear??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks