Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 13:16   #151
BHPian

How about Figo Petrol version

Been reading about the excellent TDCi version. But any ideas about the petrol version if the usage is going to be within the city.

Or is this too early to ask.

Thanks.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:21   #152
BHPian

you didnt describe hows the car for the drive , i mean hows your experiance as a driver in it . i am really looking forward for it
Old 25th March 2010, 13:29   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I'm updated about my car's status (at the service centre now) directly from Chennai and not from the dealer. Maybe they are aware of this thread
Dont be surprised, Ford HO has someone to go through all the print and web user reviews, comments and photos that get published on a daily basis. I used to get few calls time to time when my thread was active during the July - Sept 2009 period. Its part of the marketing team's duty to make sure everybody is happy with the brand. So, if something is not right, they will intervene.

In my case, I was not happy with the sales guy who was dealing with me pre-delivery time. It came to a stage the HO had faxed my thread link to the dealer to warn the guy and get things sorted out in a professional manner.

Later the HO Regional Sales Head had visited me personally too, offering a coffee day treat, not forgetting the pure sandal wood momento with a Ford logo he gifted also the complimentary underbody coating !

Last edited by shajufx : 25th March 2010 at 13:36.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:37   #154
BHPian

Hey joe maybe mustang is undercover here and might have alerted chennai guys about a certain car owned by a bhpian having a glitch:-)
Old 25th March 2010, 14:49   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Dont be surprised, Ford HO has someone to go through all the print and web user reviews, comments and photos that get published on a daily basis. I used to get few calls time to time when my thread was active during the July - Sept 2009 period. Its part of the marketing team's duty to make sure everybody is happy with the brand. So, if something is not right, they will intervene.

In my case, I was not happy with the sales guy who was dealing with me pre-delivery time. It came to a stage the HO had faxed my thread link to the dealer to warn the guy and get things sorted out in a professional manner.

Later the HO Regional Sales Head had visited me personally too, offering a coffee day treat, not forgetting the pure sandal wood momento with a Ford logo he gifted also the complimentary underbody coating !
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. In fact we should appreciate them for that. Manufacturer listening to customer complaints AND making amends is a good trend. Hope other manufacturers also do the same!
Old 25th March 2010, 17:08   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Joe did you enquire about ford OEM alloys?If you did did the dealer offer discount on behalf of him buying back the steel rims and caps.
By the way did you notice a brand named scorpion(import based in cochin) alloys as i have shorlisted a few good designs of theirs.
I asked the dealer at the time the car was booked about the alloys. They said it cost around 18,000. I don't think they were in stock with them. Also I think the OEM alloys are 5.5J width so didn't quite like it and didn't ask about any buy back offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowEye View Post
Hey Joe,

congratz to your Figo and thanks a lot for all those pictures. I actually like the idea of a red Figo, red dashboard and custom changed piano black console.

also your FE seems to be very good. My optra petrol lets me cry every day....

How is the ground clearance? Any issues with speedbreakers or wholes?
If I would quire the Figo Diesel for the company I need to make sure it also delivers "quite" a smooth ride on bumy roads (industrial zones)
Thanks YellowEye. The GC is more than adequate. (My other car is a Civic ) Speed breakers are not a problem at all. And car handles bad roads quite well. Why don't you get a TD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Been reading about the excellent TDCi version. But any ideas about the petrol version if the usage is going to be within the city.

Or is this too early to ask.

Thanks.
Sorry yeggina, I've no idea about the petrol. I haven't even driven it. The Figo review thread might be of help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
you didnt describe hows the car for the drive , i mean hows your experiance as a driver in it . i am really looking forward for it
I did mention about the driving experience. Maybe you missed it. It's an absolute driver's car, like any other Ford I guess. I've driven it on highways and ghat roads already and loved every bit of it. the ride is decent too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Dont be surprised, Ford HO has someone to go through all the print and web user reviews, comments and photos that get published on a daily basis.
I'm so looking forward to the sandalwood momento and the underbody coating. Jokes apart, The service guys just dropped a black Fiesta in Thekkady today for my use even though I didn't ask for a spare car!

Quote:
Hey joe maybe mustang is undercover here and might have alerted chennai guys about a certain car owned by a bhpian having a glitch:-)
I'm pretty sure someone's watching very closely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. In fact we should appreciate them for that. Manufacturer listening to customer complaints AND making amends is a good trend. Hope other manufacturers also do the same!
I'm not complaining a bit.

Last edited by joethomasv : 25th March 2010 at 17:09.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:50   #157
Senior - BHPian

Keep it up!

Hey Joe,

Congrats on a great car.

I think Figo TDCi is like Man Friday! He does what he's supposed to do and do it well.

I have been following this tread from the day you got the car and let me thank you for keeping all of us updated so well!

I am searching for my next car and am really keen on some threads here.

I too got a scare when that red light lit up in your IP. Let’s hope it’s just a minor issue.

Happy touring!
Old 25th March 2010, 18:42   #158
BHPian

Quote:

I'm pretty sure someone's watching very closely.
Joe, I can vouch for that ! It is a very good things indeed that Ford people are listening to customers voice. The power of communities like T-BHP is growing by day and those companies who realize and respond to it, will benefit.
Old 25th March 2010, 21:49   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I I'm so looking forward to the sandalwood momento and the underbody coating. Jokes apart, The service guys just dropped a black Fiesta in Thekkady today for my use even though I didn't ask for .
Congrats. Curious does the gear lever vibrate during idling in neutral?
Old 25th March 2010, 22:14   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Why did I arrive at a similar conclusion? Mustang is located in Channai and could well be our Ford 007 agent. In any case, he is doing a wonderful job clarifying various queries, concepts, misconceptions and the like. It's great to have a company person to throw more light on the Ford.

From the earlier posts, if certainly gives one the impression that Ford is going all out to please its existing and potential customers. And by introducing the Figo in the 3.5L-5L bracket, Ford has finally sent out a strong three-worded message to the Aam Admi in the country -- AFFORD THE FORD.

Maybe, they should just add this to their slogan. or even "OUR EFFORT SO YOU AFFORD A FORD".

Melvyn

Last edited by misquitas : 25th March 2010 at 22:27.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:17   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hey Joe,

Congrats on a great car.

I think Figo TDCi is like Man Friday! He does what he's supposed to do and do it well.

I have been following this tread from the day you got the car and let me thank you for keeping all of us updated so well!

I am searching for my next car and am really keen on some threads here.

I too got a scare when that red light lit up in your IP. Let’s hope it’s just a minor issue.

Happy touring!
Thanks! Figo and Man Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Joe, I can vouch for that ! It is a very good things indeed that Ford people are listening to customers voice. The power of communities like T-BHP is growing by day and those companies who realize and respond to it, will benefit.
I got a call from Chennai within 30 minutes of calling the emergency help line. So that can't have anything to do with T-BHP. But I'm sure they are keeping an eye on communities like T-BHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats. Curious does the gear lever vibrate during idling in neutral?
Thanks Mpower. No, the gear lever don't vibrate at idle. Atleast not visibly.
Old 25th March 2010, 23:29   #162
BHPian

nice car
looks ravishing in white
I was under the impression that it is a drab looker
but it looks fine
Old 26th March 2010, 04:03   #163
BANNED

Cool..Figo looks good, but 16km from a diesel is really low.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:36   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
nice car
looks ravishing in white
I was under the impression that it is a drab looker
but it looks fine
Depends on from where you are looking. I'm not a big fan of it's side profile as well as the rear three quarter view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Cool..Figo looks good, but 16km from a diesel is really low.
I get 14-15 for my Alto so compared to that, 16 is good. I'm hoping it'll improve a bit when the engine's done a couple of thousand kms.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:28   #165
BANNED

Any update on the FE ? I think it might not be as good as competitors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks