Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 16:03   #136
BHPian

Congrats on your new Titanium ! You have made a good choice
Old 24th March 2010, 16:45   #137
BHPian

Joe, excellent snaps and nice review. Between dint know that Ford have this good service. I checked out the figo in Kariali showroom, but the green one dint appeal to me much. White looks really stunning in ur pics..I dint like the interior plastics though, May be i just checked out the Polo the previous day..Ur pics and reviews again make me have a good look at the figo and a test drive.
Old 24th March 2010, 19:22   #138

Does it have 60/40 split rear seat??

Congrats Joe ... thanks for the juicy pics. Have started rethinking on my Indigo CS GLS choice after seeing Figo. Hope to have a TD this weekend.

Just wondering if 60/40 split rear seat folding is available in any of the versions?? Searched for any explicit reference to this in Figo microsite, but couldn't find any. With most Segment B hatchbacks offering this as a standard (i20?!) or as a option this would've been a bad miss if Figo didn't offer this.
Old 24th March 2010, 19:32   #139
BHPian

The Ford guy called from Chennai just now. He said they couldn't reproduce the problem. The drive back to the service centre was around 150 kms and the warning lamp didn't come up even once. They wanted to keep the car for two more days to check all the wiring just to make sure. Since I won't be needing the car for a week, I agreed. He again offered a replacement vehicle which I declined.
So I guess it was the loose fuse. Maybe I should've checked it again myself before calling the emergency helpline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Absence of temp gauge is handled by LED warning with audible chime in Figo
Thanks for that info RGK. Which document is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Nice review Joe!
Keep us updated on the developments.

Joe are you also getting the 4th year warranty ?
Thanks Captain Slow. I was in a hurry to get the car so I didn't pay any attention to the extended warranty. Just handed them the money they asked for. I'll be getting the 4th year extension for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Joe, the White Figo's appeal is growing on me ! Today, I saw the first user registered car in Bangalore and it was a white TDCi. Tailed her through out, till we had to go in different routes. The rear view of white is very compact and no nonsense, mush better than other colors available on Figo. Especially that character line above the boot lid, adds a touch of class ! The Ford Logo - have they improved it in Figo ? It looks much better now, or it is just a new car effect ?
I think the whilte color makes the car look bigger. I wish it was little more 'whiter' though. maybe this shade is better in the long run. I too think the rear is the Figo's best part. About the logo..I think it's a lot bigger. I need to take a look at the Fiesta's logo. I'll try to post a comparison picture soon.

@longhorn Maintaining a black car can be a full time job. It's worth the effort though. I'm glad the titanium didn't come with alloys. After-market ones look a lot better on the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Joethomasv, can you try to see below the steering column if it is actually possible to adjust the steering height.

Maybe they just disabled the feature by not exposing the lock lever but the steering rod still may have the pivot capability, just no lock/unlock lever.

A simple fix and you may actually get steering rake adjust.

Your a mech engineer so should be the easiest thing in the book.
My back is not as flexible as it used to be but I'll give it a try as soon as the car get's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Congrats on your new Titanium ! You have made a good choice
Thanks yogesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Joe, excellent snaps and nice review. Between dint know that Ford have this good service. I checked out the figo in Kariali showroom, but the green one dint appeal to me much. White looks really stunning in ur pics..I dint like the interior plastics though, May be i just checked out the Polo the previous day..Ur pics and reviews again make me have a good look at the figo and a test drive.
Thanks Kphilip. The interior quality compares favorably with the cars in it's price bracket. The seat covers are of very good quality. The plastics ofcource can't be compared with that of the germans but it's not too bad either.

Last edited by joethomasv : 24th March 2010 at 19:34.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:06   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRam View Post
Congrats Joe ... thanks for the juicy pics. Have started rethinking on my Indigo CS GLS choice after seeing Figo. Hope to have a TD this weekend.

Just wondering if 60/40 split rear seat folding is available in any of the versions?? Searched for any explicit reference to this in Figo microsite, but couldn't find any. With most Segment B hatchbacks offering this as a standard (i20?!) or as a option this would've been a bad miss if Figo didn't offer this.
Thanks KartRam. I don't think 60/40 split is an option on any model. The rear seat folds the same way as in the Indigo. The bottom part lifts up and the other half drops down to a flat loading surface.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hey joe. Any idea on the F.E you are getting?

Did you do a tank full? What was the range shown on the DTE while full?
Old 24th March 2010, 21:22   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hey joe. Any idea on the F.E you are getting?

Did you do a tank full? What was the range shown on the DTE while full?
The DTE showed around 650 on a tank full but I got around 16 kmpl on the first refill. The mileage you got (14 kmpl) was on a tank full to tank full or did you calculate it from the DTE?
Old 24th March 2010, 21:42   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
The DTE showed around 650 on a tank full but I got around 16 kmpl on the first refill. The mileage you got (14 kmpl) was on a tank full to tank full or did you calculate it from the DTE?
In my case the DTE showed a range of 600km. I did a highway run and after doing 450km it still was showing a range of 280km (FE about 16).

Now i've done city drives and the total km done is 530km and the DTE shows a range of 160km more (FE about 15)

Will check after next tank fill for actuals.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:43   #144
BHPian

Hi Joe. The car with those alloys is just stunning. Is there any name/brand for those alloys. I want exactly the same ones for my car, they are simply awesome.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:01   #145
BHPian

Such pampering by ford is unheard of.the dealers are supposed to be a tad arrogant.May be the story will change once the number of figos on road comes up.
Circa 2003 -family had zeroed on the ikon flair and i was 19 yrs old at that time.I had gone to checkout the vehicle and these people didnt take me seriously even though dad had called them.they made me wait 2 hrs for a test drive,even though car was spot on perfect we decided not to book the car based on this sour episode.ended up with an indica instead!
fast forward to 2006 and again ford fiesta is on the radar,meet up with a new manager who appears a little snobbish.No TD vehicle available at the moment so ask him to get one to our home 3 days later, all the while warning him about the story of cancelled booking 3 yrs back.
Surprise! they turn up at the appointed time with the car!End up buying it.
Circa 2010,figo on the shortlist with close competitor being polo.Ford guys are very enthusiastic while on the contrary VW dealer acts like you are demanding a car for free.not even interested to call me back eventhough i had offered full payment if delivery commited in a month.So end up with figo.
Times are changing?
Old 25th March 2010, 08:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Hi Joe. The car with those alloys is just stunning. Is there any name/brand for those alloys. I want exactly the same ones for my car, they are simply awesome.
Thanks silverknight. The alloys are from league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Such pampering by ford is unheard of.the dealers are supposed to be a tad arrogant.May be the story will change once the number of figos on road comes up.?
The pampering was direct from Ford, Chennai. My experience with Kairali Ford too has been good so far. I think Ford's making extra effort to keep it's Figo customers happy. Though it's not the same for the people waiting in line. I'm updated about my car's status (at the service centre now) directly from Chennai and not from the dealer. Maybe they are aware of this thread
Old 25th March 2010, 11:04   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I too think the rear is the Figo's best part. About the logo..I think it's a lot bigger. I need to take a look at the Fiesta's logo. I'll try to post a comparison picture soon.
Joe, you are correct ! During my jog this morning in the campus I live, I did a closer look at Ikon and Fiesta for the logo. Ikon has the small logo at front and rear. Fiesta has the large one one the front and small one on the rear. So for Figo, they have kept the big one on both front and rear, no cost cutting there . It really adds to the "bold" look, the logo at the back of Fiesta is like an understatement.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:09   #148
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<Thanks for that info RGK. Which document is this?>>
It is a 6 page blue Ford Quality Service booklet. First I thought it was old. But I was surprised to see with updated Figo info. I took it on Monday at MPL Ford - Chennai.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:11   #149
BHPian

Joe did you enquire about ford OEM alloys?If you did did the dealer offer discount on behalf of him buying back the steel rims and caps.
By the way did you notice a brand named scorpion(import based in cochin) alloys as i have shorlisted a few good designs of theirs.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:11   #150
BHPian

Hey Joe,

congratz to your Figo and thanks a lot for all those pictures. I actually like the idea of a red Figo, red dashboard and custom changed piano black console.

also your FE seems to be very good. My optra petrol lets me cry every day....

How is the ground clearance? Any issues with speedbreakers or wholes?
If I would quire the Figo Diesel for the company I need to make sure it also delivers "quite" a smooth ride on bumy roads (industrial zones)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks