Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 21:12   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats

Congrats GTO you got a a beautiful car at a droolworthy price. Sheer value for money.

We'll all be watching with great interest the mods to this car and your experiences.

Cheers!
Old 11th March 2010, 00:18   #122
Senior - BHPian

Great car, Great deal, Great thread :-) Was travelling and hence, the delay in posting. Now, for the mods and the dyno figures - waiting with baited breath !
I have started thinking buying used too for a while after GTO's efforts on the forum...
Old 11th March 2010, 01:45   #123
BHPian

Cheers !!

Nice find GTO!

What i like-Color/low mileage/price/B'bay reg/ur enthusiasm/frends who were able to make it @ the time of delivery & the mods to look forward to.

Once you get the performance mods & wheels,at a later stage-see if you can source a carbon fibre roof(like the M3) subtle but a neat exterior mod.
I know u like the sleeper car/gangsta look

Whatever u said about the OHC is so true .... +1
have clocked 1.5L kms & it has never let me down even once.

anyways..... good luck with the mods & enjoy the new dash!
Old 11th March 2010, 02:20   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Aren't you in luck? Delhi has even better deals than Bombay (since new cars are cheaper to start with). Link to White '07 Civic for 7.5 lakhs Team-BHP Classifieds
Delhi has some seriously sweet deals (At least on internet, the only accessible source to me at the moment) but I feel it would not be a easy task to just go out there in the market without any guidance. Few of my friends have come across some shoddy practices in Used Car Market in Delhi and they are suggesting me not to take a leap in this direction. I have spent a considerable part of my life abroad and I come to India once a year to see my family and old school friends. But I am very much tempted to for a used car only, and it has to be Civic. So, I think Team BHP is the best place for me to start my search for the same.

I have already bookmarked most of the Civic threads of T BHP and and yours as well. Thanks for the Classified link. I just hope I get some sort of deal like yours . Wish you a million happy miles on your new ride.
Old 11th March 2010, 08:00   #125
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GTO.

Welcome to club of White Civic owners.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:32   #126
Senior - BHPian

I always thought that the next horse that you buy will be from the Toyota stables!

Congratulations on your buy and you have got a sweet deal. It looks great!
Old 11th March 2010, 09:40   #127
BHPian

Rush,

Congratulation for your new Car.

It's really VFM.

I am also searching for good civic or accord,would update the forum as soon as I close deal on one.

Thanks

Last edited by anupam00 : 11th March 2010 at 09:55. Reason: Updated with my search
Old 11th March 2010, 09:49   #128
BHPian

Congrats GTO, love the deal you got there. Am tempted to dump plans to get a New car in April and go for a Used Car now after reading your justification. Really makes sense to buy a barely used Top End Variant and Save 45 - 50%. Could you please PM me the number of your agent/broker if you don't mind?

Just wanted your advice though, the next car i want would be an Automatic only. So do you think i'll get a good condition Corolla or Civic as i was just thinking, and i may be wrong here. I feel i'll get a better used automatic than a manual as the engine would not have been strained due to the automatic changing which avoids erratic revving. Please do correct me?
Old 11th March 2010, 10:39   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hello GTO, you sure got a beautiful ride. Stunner to the core! Do you think its possible to find a similar deal in Bangalore for a Civic? Is it better to deal with authorized Ho......
First of all OTR is high in Bangalore for cars, may be due to this pre-owned car prices are also high!
last month one of my manager got used 2006 civic for 7.6
Old 11th March 2010, 10:42   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Just wanted your advice though, the next car i want would be an Automatic only. So do you think i'll get a good condition Corolla or Civic as i was just thinking, and i may be wrong here. I feel i'll get a better used automatic than a manual as the engine would not have been strained due to the automatic changing which avoids erratic revving. Please do correct me?
Err, it's a Honda. Revving is what their engines do best.

Besides, I can make my auto box hold the revs at 5k+ RPM all day. The fact that the car simply asks for more instead of crying for a quick death makes it an easier process.

So long as you have a solid service record with oil changes bang on time, I wouldn't worry about the engine.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:47   #131
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations GTO!
The car looks stunning.

Once a Honda, always a Honda, eh ;-)
Old 11th March 2010, 10:52   #132
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anil, GTO has already shared the number. See the quote below your post.
Cheers and all the best for your hunt

Quote:
Could you please PM me the number of your agent/broker if you don't mind?
Quote:

Speak to Tejas Shah (Broker) on 98190.68141. Young chap, very hard-working with an ability to screen the entire market for good cars. He showed me the most cars in that 1 month timeframe.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:54   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Is it better to deal with authorized Honda dealers, private dealers or individuals themselves.
Be open to all three. Don't pay too much attention to the source, more to the actual car. I tested out cars from all three sources but, as luck would have it, zero'ed in on the first Honda certified car I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
R18's headers are integrated into the head, so you do not have aftermarket options there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
as far as i know you cant fit headers on civic.
I was speaking in terms of the gentleman's i10. Also, wanna bet on retro-fitting headers onto the R18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
psst - main chalaon happened already ?
He saw the car even before I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I'm not sure on the Civic's brakes though. Its great, stops neatly and all that.. but it doesn't have feel or proper play if you know what I mean. Maybe its because I have an AT and that's the reason I feel it more.
Could be the AT. My driving style revolves around engine braking. Yet, I just love the Civic's brakes. Excellent pedal modulation, strong anchors, perfectly tuned ABS and they hold well against fade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs View Post
see if you can source a carbon fibre roof(like the M3) subtle but a neat exterior mod.
You mean like this (PS) job? Spot on, they look neat on white Civics:

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-civic-mugen-cf.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Few of my friends have come across some shoddy practices in Used Car Market in Delhi and they are suggesting me not to take a leap in this direction.
Used cars come with an element of risk. Else, everyone would be buying used and we informed petrolheads wouldn't get such deals in the first place, would we? As long as the right precautions are taken (listed in our used car buying article), you will have absolutely no problem. Knowledge, experience & effort make the difference between a good deal and a bad. On Team-BHP, you have free access to the first two, the third is entirely dependent on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I always thought that the next horse that you buy will be from the Toyota stables!
My daily driver has to be a Honda or Toyota. There's a good chance that my next buy could be a certain Toyota SUV

Quote:
Could you please PM me the number of your agent/broker if you don't mind?
Why PM? I'll put it up here so that others may benefit too. Remember, information archived on the forum will serve a purpose for a long time. Not only to BHPians, but also to our guest visitors.

Tejas Shah : 98190.68141

Quote:
You surely won't get one with an abused clutch, I can tell you that!! I'd partially agree with you as an AT (even with manual controls) would have spent most of its life in AT mode. The number of enthusiasts who would run the AT to the redline would be outnumbered by regular-Joe owners. As Immortalz posted, pay the most attention to how the car was maintained.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2010 at 11:00.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:52   #134
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Great deal and a great car you got. Lucky you.

Loved the USA uncle part
Old 11th March 2010, 11:53   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was speaking in terms of the gentleman's i10. Also, wanna bet on retro-fitting headers onto the R18?
I will not bet against it, but what? Cutting the cylinder head and welding on new headers? The cost, risk and headaches will be too much for minimal gains in torque.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks