Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 00:24   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
52.4KW = 71PS for the 1.2L Petrol
50.7KW = 69PS for the 1.4L diesel

Where's the confusion Cap'n.
err never mind! I took it for the other way around.

I need to remove the figo from my head now.
Old 5th April 2010, 06:44   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Rear Wash / Wipe
Rear Defogger with Auto Cut-off
Electric adjustable outside mirrors
Body color door handle and mirror
Driver Seat Height Adjustable
Bluetooth
Chrome finish
Cargo lamp

How much do you value for these?

Maruti is charging 25k for lxi to vxi in estilo. When they offer only first four plus rear power window.
IMO, what Sergei meant was that except for the Bluetooth, rest everything are in the non-essential category and he can live without them.

@Sergei, personally I was never fascinated with these BT capable HU's, since they are not 100% perfect or compatible with all BT-enabled phones, tend to hang frequently. Moreover, calling/listening over car HU will have privacy issues if other passengers are there in the car. Call quality (echo) may sometimes ruin the experience. A 1000/- bucks Bluetooth earpiece will perfectly do the job, and the earpiece can be used outside the car as well. This is essentially a non-essential fad. Personally, for me, electrically adjustable OVRMs, driver seat adjustment are more VFM than the BT.
Old 5th April 2010, 07:49   #1443
BANNED

@Scorpio 07 : Congratulations man!

@Happy Tripathi : Congrats to you too. That yard is being shared by a chevy,ford & a JCB dealer, Anyways its raining red figos on team-bhp!
Old 5th April 2010, 10:05   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
IMO, what Sergei meant was that except for the Bluetooth, rest everything are in the non-essential category and he can live without them.

@Sergei, personally I was never fascinated with these BT capable HU's, since they are not 100% perfect or compatible with all BT-enabled phones, tend to hang frequently. Moreover, calling/listening over car HU will have privacy issues if other passengers are there in the car. Call quality (echo) may sometimes ruin the experience. A 1000/- bucks Bluetooth earpiece will perfectly do the job, and the earpiece can be used outside the car as well. This is essentially a non-essential fad. Personally, for me, electrically adjustable OVRMs, driver seat adjustment are more VFM than the BT.
+1 to that.

On a side note, does the phone-pairing with the HU have to be done only once, and will it pick up the phone 'automatically' whenever the phone enters the bluetooth range, or does some kind of pairing have to be done every time?

Practically I don't know if I will remember to switch on the phone's bluetooth every time I get in the car. It is probably quite useful on highways and long drives, though. On the other hand, on long drives I would be concerned about bluetooth eating my phone's battery, so I may still not do it.

I guess Exi is much more VFM, coming to think of it.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:27   #1445
BHPian

Quote:

@sanjayc, you're spot on. All the other offerings are bells and whistles for me that I definitely can live without. About the other point, I have all my music on my phone. I need a BT unit in my car so I can play music wirelessly. Calling capabilities are an add on bonus for me. A useful bonus I must say. I mostly drive alone or with my wife beside me. So I have no privacy issues.
I already have a Jabra BT earpiece which I don't use at all.
I tested the figo's BT capability and was mighty impressed with the call clarity both for myself and the caller at the other end of the line.

@mkerala, i was talking about the diesel variants where the difference in Chennai is around 27k between zxi and exi. I'm sorry I didn't mention that earlier. zxi here is 5.69 and exi is 5.42L. I'm not saying all the other features are not worth it. I'm just saying I don't need them.

As far as external BT systems are concerned that connect to the audio system, I am all for them. My friend has an Alpine EX-10 system in the US which connects to his audio system and he can play music and take calls. It also has a screen to scroll through his playlists. But the problem is, I am in India and don't have anyone coming from the US anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
One of my friends got himself a bluetooth gadget that connects to the music system. It functions just as the one on the zxi except that the functions are on this gadget that could be placed anywhere as per your convenience. It costed him around Rs.6500/-. If the only thing you like in the ZXi list of add ons is the blue tooth system i suggest you check out for this gadget. Spend the Money you save on some nice alloys.
This is great. I am looking for something exactly like this. Can you please get me more details of this device?

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th April 2010 at 10:37. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 5th April 2010, 10:37   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
+1 to that.

On a side note, does the phone-pairing with the HU have to be done only once, and will it pick up the phone 'automatically' whenever the phone enters the bluetooth range, or does some kind of pairing have to be done every time?

Practically I don't know if I will remember to switch on the phone's bluetooth every time I get in the car. It is probably quite useful on highways and long drives, though. On the other hand, on long drives I would be concerned about bluetooth eating my phone's battery, so I may still not do it.

From what the sales guy told me, the pairing needs to be done only once. And your phone will automatically be picked up by the Figo's audio system whenever you enter the car and both devices are switched on. Anyway, all this is only what the sales guy said and I did not verify this claim.

On long drives, I think it is wiser to connect your phone to the audio system via the aux in port. If you play music from your phone like I do.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:56   #1447
BANNED

Quote:

Then how can you use a Bluetooth headset in the long drive?

In figo there is at least a mobile charging point. You can charge your mobile and use Bluetooth.

You all guys see zxi as a Bluetooth machine. There are ot more features which we can't value at 18k more from exi. Even though you need only the Bluetooth you are getting others too.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:08   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
From what the sales guy told me, the pairing needs to be done only once. And your phone will automatically be picked up by the Figo's audio system whenever you enter the car and both devices are switched on. Anyway, all this is only what the sales guy said and I did not verify this claim.

On long drives, I think it is wiser to connect your phone to the audio system via the aux in port. If you play music from your phone like I do.
Well, I was referring more to the capability to answer calls when driving. That is a killer feature IMHO, but was just wondering if I would practically remember to switch on bluetooth every time. Varies from person to person I guess.

As for music: I got myself an aux cable to play music from the phone, and it works great. However, once again practicality wins: when driving, I need to consciously take my eyes off the road and do several things to my phone to change the song. If I am using a USB drive, I dont need to take my eyes off the road at all, so I have never preferred playing songs from the phone compared to the USB.

Again, varies from person to person from phone to phone too. (iPhone especially takes full attention to do something with its super-sensitive touchscreen interface, unlike the SE/Nokia music phones that have music buttons on the side).
Old 5th April 2010, 11:11   #1449
BANNED

Hello,
if anyone has bought a USB cable for figo mp3 player, please post details including a picture.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:17   #1450
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@mkerala - spotted White & Squeeze petrol - Zxi & Titanium - both with Coral Dash here in chennai. Coral dash is not at all bad. Looks decent. Happy to see figos on road
Old 5th April 2010, 11:25   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I was referring more to the capability to answer calls when driving. That is a killer feature IMHO, but was just wondering if I would practically remember to switch on bluetooth every time. Varies from person to person I guess.
You can make this part of your startup ritual. It is advisable to idle the car for 30-60 secs before you start moving. I always do this. Especially in the morning. This helps the engine components attain close to optimal working temperature.

So you can first start your engine and while it idles, you can switch on phone's BT, pair it if reqd. Though I believe this is not reqd each time, put on your seatbelts, adjust mirrors etc.

There are many solutions to a problem. We just have to find which one suits us most.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:49   #1452
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@mkerala - spotted White & Squeeze petrol - Zxi & Titanium - both with Coral Dash here in chennai. Coral dash is not at all bad. Looks decent. Happy to see figos on road
Is the zxi squeeze petrol?
Old 5th April 2010, 12:05   #1453
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Is the zxi squeeze petrol?
There is no TDCi emblem under Figo - I think this is how we can differentiate between petrol & diesel.

White - Zxi - Coral Dash - Petrol
Squeeze - Titanium - Coral Dash - Petrol
Old 5th April 2010, 13:06   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post

Pairing needs to be done only once or when either of the devices are reset..however, phone BT needs to be on.

In case most of your music is played via phone, try checking if the special usb cable for 1100/- bucks (hope mkerala will not read this) will allow operating the phone music system from the HU.

As far as iPhone is concerned, no problem for me since I fix it on a windshield iPhone holder such that it is very close to the right of the steering..no problems at all in navigating thru music or operating GPS. At the same time, the 12V charger is continuously plugged in, charging the iPhone. I use the BT earpiece for call mgmt. All the dangling wires are neatly managed almost out of sight using stick-on cable mgmt clips.

Alternatively, there are other Indian "jugaads"..you can buy a small iPod shuffle for <3-5K and stick it somewhere on the dash connected via AUX-in, giving a near-steeing remote feel

Personally, I use a 60GB iPod with video playback, purchased when it was launched. Post my iPhone I stopped using it, but now it is very handy in the car.

BTW, I have already purchased this DealExtreme: $190.63 7.0" Touchscreen 400MHz CPU Windows CE 5.0 GPS Navigator w/ Bluetooth Handsfree + 2GB Maps SD from dealextreme a month back. Have recd the same and tested already..works nicely with BT handsfree with both iphone and nokia N95 I have, but yet to install in the car.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:15   #1455
BANNED

Quote:
In case most of your music is played via phone, try checking if the special usb cable for 1100/- bucks (hope mkerala will not read this) will allow operating the phone music system from the HU.
Yes i do read every post especially that.

If anyone can tell the name of that usb cable or post the picture i can get it for you for Less than Rs 100 if it is just a cable with no converts or other electronic equipment on it.

I can also offer the same company same cable for less than Rs 300. Please tell details of that cable i will help you all save some money. Ford cannot avoid warranty when we use the same cable ford provides.

Last edited by mkerala : 5th April 2010 at 13:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks