Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 19:30   #1156
BHPian

Caught a brand new Ford Figo in Chandigarh (@ Sector 9 Market Panchkula outside CCD) today. Uploading a few pics that I took. After seeing the white color car with black dash in flesh, my hands are itching to get one soon. I just hope those 20 days that my dealer promised for the delivery simply vanish into thin air
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0251.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0252.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0253.jpg  

Old 25th March 2010, 19:49   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Congrats for the booking and best of luck to get it in 20 days

White and ZXi, you may get it faster. As per my dealer, more whites are coming to showrooms. Also, Exi/Zxi variants for Diesel are more in numbers, Titanium takes longer to deliver.
Thnx Revy. I am hoping to get it now. But that won't happen. So it's the endless 20 days wait that's nerve wreaking !!
Old 25th March 2010, 20:11   #1158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
AUX to USB cable? What is that? Is this the stereo audio cable?
Its a simple cable at one end male AUX and other end female USB. So we can plug usb in AUX using this simple cable converter. Its a cable only so it is cheap. Just like micro usb to usb cable of nokia phones. All are same platforms.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:18   #1159
RGK
Senior - BHPian

To Audio System experts -- Is it possible to enable Bluetooth in Audio system of EXi models (which does not have by default).
Old 25th March 2010, 20:21   #1160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
To Audio System experts -- Is it possible to enable Bluetooth in Audio system of EXi models (which does not have by default).
Not possible unless you replace with an Bluetooth enabled one.
mkerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2010, 20:50   #1161
BHPian

How is the petrol Figo?

Guys, Most of the reviews have been of TDCi. How about the petrol version?

Is the petrol version VFM in terms of drive and comfort for city driving? Can we have an exclusive ownership report on the petrol version?

Thanks.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:03   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys, Most of the reviews have been of TDCi. How about the petrol version?

Is the petrol version VFM in terms of drive and comfort for city driving? Can we have an exclusive ownership report on the petrol version?

Thanks.
I agree. Has any booked or checked out the petrol editions of the Figo? GTO wasn't particularly impressed by the petrol engine. However, Mustang.101 claims the petrol engine is quite good and responsive.

The petrol variants may be a serious consideration due to the initial cost. The difference between the petrol and diesel engines is almost Rs 1 lakh. there could be many out there who are seriously considering the petrol Figo, mainly because of the Rs 1 lakh savings.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:14   #1163
BANNED

For everyone who require the accesories list for the figo. (was posted in pdf also by someone a few weeks ago )

ACCESSORIES MRP

MUD FLAP KIT 600

RUBBER MAT 800

CARPET MAT 950

BOOT MAT 600

CAR COVER 1500

SEAT COVER - VINYL 4750

SEAR COVER - LEATHER VINYL 9750

DOOR SCUFF PLATE 1350

LH MIRROR ASSY 1200

REAR PARCEL TRAY 1350

VANITY MIRROR KIT 350

VANGUARD READ VIEW 3M 1200

USB CABLE FOR FORD AUDIO 1200

PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT 1100

EMERGENCY LAMP 450

GEAR KNOB - ALU FINISH 1700

WHEEL COVER KIT ( ECO) 1300

WHEEL COVER KIT ( REGULAR) 1600

WHEEL COVER KIT PREMIUM 2100

DOOR MOULDING KIT BLACK 1000

DOOR MOULDING KIT CHROME 4950

14" ALLOY WHEEL KIT 16000

CHROME FRONT GRILL 500

CHROME SIDE REPEATER 475

FOGLAMP KIT 4250

REAR WING SPOILER 6000

FORD AUDIO KIT - BLUETOOTH 17500

FORD AUDIO KIT - AUX IN 13500

PILLOW KIT 1000

SUN FILM 3M 3500

MOBILE CHARGER 400

SPORTS PEDAL 2250

WAXOIL PROTECTION + U/BODY COATING 5100

There can be small price differences within different states/cities.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 25th March 2010 at 22:19.
Old 25th March 2010, 23:31   #1164
BHPian

Feedback to Ford

I noticed that there are a couple of Ford employees tracking this forum, so here is some feedback.. You are as good as your dealers..

It is creditable that Ford has taken the initiative and been a lot more proactive with the Figo launch. Cant think of any other manufacturer who has done it thus far. I downloaded the Figo brochure from your website (it of course asks for contact details etc.). Within a few hours, got a call asking if i would like a test drive and if so when.. Asked for one and the guy said he would set it up with Metro Ford. Its been a week - no call, no followup, nothing.. I then got a email of the price list of the figo from another dealer Lathangi (?) ford.. So here is a case of the manufacturer having the best of intentions, but the dealer network - being too occupied with the interest being generated with the Figo, does not bother to follow-up. I guess if expectations are set (in this case high), then it feels like a let down as compared to the other manufacturers who you know are "like that only".. No offense taken, but just wanted Ford HQ to know that you may be leaving a trail of folks such as me waiting at home for a call and keeping your saturday morning free for a test drive, when one could be doing something else.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:39   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
^ I have booked a Petrol Exi here in bangalore. Me too waiting for mine. Same story as the rest of the guys waiting! they promised my delivery before the month end now its a wait! I really dont want to pay the extra 1.5-2% hike on April. (VAT+road tax)
Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

The Petrol engine is a bit sluggish but for city drive its more than enough. More on this when I get my car.
will keep you all updated
Yes Captain, please do share your ownership experience as we don't have much insight on the 1.2 petrol. We have loads of comments on the 1.4 diesel but very few and far comments on 1.2.

I am sure lot of people who don't have much running will be interested in the 1.2 petrol variant. My view is that Ford should consider coming out with alternative fuel /LPG/CNG options also.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:46   #1166
BHPian

2 colours i would really like to see in the Figo:
1. Paprika Red (metallic maroon/ crimson) currently available on the Fiesta. Even though the Colorado Red looks hot, i personally prefer the metallic crimson i.e. Paprika Red - a colour i would have opted for
2. Aquarius Blue - was available on the Fiesta S.

As far as i've observed the Figo's shades can be shortened from 7 to only 5 in terms of variety.
1. Green i.e. Squeeze
2. Red (solid)
3. White
4. Silver and Chill can be clubbed together (on similar lines)
5. Grey and Black can be clubbed together (similar with a difference of light-dark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Lol, but I think it'll look hot in a 1.6 Figo

Why have they discontinued this shade? I was dreaming of this shade in the future!
Maybe the Aquarius blue is reserved for the Sports Edition, sometime later.
Lets wait and watch.
Old 26th March 2010, 07:59   #1167
BANNED

Everybody was worried before the launch about the price. Many of them said ford first introduce the car at a higher price then reduce, like it did on their previous cars. But figo was not like that, it was real vfm.

But ford actually played the high price and then reduce game in one min at the launch. See the video. Really nice launch. Ford has always the difference.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:48   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
^ I have booked a Petrol Exi here in bangalore. Me too waiting for mine. Same story as the rest of the guys waiting! they promised my delivery before the month end now its a wait! I really dont want to pay the extra 1.5-2% hike on April. (VAT+road tax)
Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

The Petrol engine is a bit sluggish but for city drive its more than enough. More on this when I get my car.
will keep you all updated

Captain Slow. Will await your review. A little concerned about the "sluggish" which you mentioned. And sluggish in which gear and with howm many passengers in the car?
Old 26th March 2010, 11:26   #1169
BHPian

After having a bad experience at Ford Dealership on Sunday, yesterday they called me up and brought the Figo Diesel democar at my work place.

I took a test drive and totally fall in love with this car, the Duratorq engine is super responsive, mid range is awesome with very little noise, great refinement and practically with zero turbo lag.

Ride and handling is out of this world, making behind my ANHC. Car feels so much smooth on rough road without any thud noise coming inside. Mind blowing ride and handling!!

Though I felt the footwell very cramped, no steering adjustment, indicator is on left side, rear seat is without head rest, no power window options at rear, rear visibility is very limited, I made up my mind to book a White ZXI Duratorq model, delivery time will be almost a month.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:14   #1170
BHPian

http://morth.nic.in/index2.asp?sublinkid=119&langid=2

Useful information about helping people involved in road accident.

Mods:I have posted in the accidents thread also, reposting to create awareness.

Most Viewed