Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2018, 17:41   #10771
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Another update - apparently all 4 injectors have gone bad and need replacing! Man...what do I do.
If you are in Bangalore u can get in touch with Future Diesel @ Hosur Road, they did a decent job with my Elantra CRDI and my friends Fiesta Duratorq. In both our case, from showroom it was asked to replace all 4 injectors. You can contact them at 8050793113.
stable rock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:29   #10772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
If you are in Bangalore u can get in touch with Future Diesel @ Hosur Road, they did a decent job with my Elantra CRDI and my friends Fiesta Duratorq. In both our case, from showroom it was asked to replace all 4 injectors. You can contact them at 8050793113.
Thank you, am awaiting the injectors from Salem (hope they've been packed well) and will be visiting a few shops to figure out whether these can be serviced rather than replace.

Are the new injectors from Ford continental or bosch? Brand new bosch injectors are 9500 apiece vs the Ford injectors which are 16650 a piece.

Worst case, can I go ahead and buy the bosch injectors, have them calibrated/tuned by the shop I am buying from for the Ford 2012 1.4 TDCI and have it replaced?
Old 7th September 2018, 10:43   #10773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Worst case, can I go ahead and buy the bosch injectors, have them calibrated/tuned by the shop I am buying from for the Ford 2012 1.4 TDCI and have it replaced?
Hello,
Why dont you visit Vijaya Diesels in Siddaiah road to have your existing injectors recaliberated to give it a check? Not sure on the prices, had got them to do the job for my Erstwhile Jetta.
Quite cheaper option if they are in a serviceable state rather than replacing them. I had to replace the hi pressure pump though in my Jetta.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:50   #10774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hello,
Why dont you visit Vijaya Diesels in Siddaiah road to have your existing injectors recaliberated to give it a check? Not sure on the prices, had got them to do the job for my Erstwhile Jetta.
Quite cheaper option if they are in a serviceable state rather than replacing them. I had to replace the hi pressure pump though in my Jetta.
Yes, my first port of call is to visit Hema Diesels in Yeshwanthpur basis a BHP'ian review here on TBHP. Hope one of these guys fix the thing and calibrate it.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 11:09   #10775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, my first port of call is to visit Hema Diesels in Yeshwanthpur basis a BHP'ian review here on TBHP. Hope one of these guys fix the thing and calibrate it.
If its a minor issue then you should be able to get it sorted out without any dip in performance. Also you need to give it some running in to return to old self.
Only if its a major issue, you might need to think twice since it impacts the performance of engine.
Old 7th September 2018, 11:20   #10776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
If its a minor issue then you should be able to get it sorted out without any dip in performance. Also you need to give it some running in to return to old self.
Only if its a major issue, you might need to think twice since it impacts the performance of engine.
I think the shop will give a performance report after having fixed it isnt it?
Old 7th September 2018, 13:22   #10777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the shop will give a performance report after having fixed it isnt it?
Not sure if they will do, possibly if you insist it. Anyways after you fit them in and run it via engine analyzer you will know the delta if at all there is.
Old 7th September 2018, 16:24   #10778
BHPian

Quote:
Are the new injectors from Ford continental or bosch? Brand new bosch injectors are 9500 apiece vs the Ford injectors which are 16650 a piece.
What is the difference between the OEM and Bosch injectors? Are the Bosch ones inferior in any way? Because the price difference between the two is pretty big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Is anyone aware of any shop/service centre which handles these jobs in chennai? Any heads-up will be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Old 8th September 2018, 00:31   #10779
BHPian

Quote:

Ford uses Continental injectors.

Bosch injectors can't be calibrated and fit on Ford Figos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
What is the difference between the OEM and Bosch injectors? Are the Bosch ones inferior in any way? Because the price difference between the two is pretty big.

Is anyone aware of any shop/service centre which handles these jobs in chennai? Any heads-up will be much appreciated!

Cheers!
I assume the sizes are different.
Bosch injectors are cheaper to repair as spare parts viz solenoids are available while there is no spare parts supply for Continental.

Go to Visa Diesel workshop in Chennai. I serviced my injectors from them.

Ford dealer Hans Ford diagnosed that two of my car's injectors had failed. However, Visa diesel guys checked all 4, serviced them and claimed that only one had failed. Replaced one injector and voila, the car is back to normal.

Saved myself a cost of an injector. They charge 1200( don't remember exactly) for each injector.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 19:53   #10780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post

So I assume they cannot be used?

Quote:
Go to Visa Diesel workshop in Chennai. I serviced my injectors from them.
Awesome! Thanks for that I fear I might need to get some work done too.

Quote:
Ford dealer Hans Ford diagnosed that two of my car's injectors had failed. However, Visa diesel guys checked all 4, serviced them and claimed that only one had failed. Replaced one injector and voila, the car is back to normal.

Saved myself a cost of an injector. They charge 1200( don't remember exactly) for each injector.
Business as usual @ stealership...
Btw, how much did they charge for the new injector and replacement, etc.?

Another query I had was. In how good of a condition are the other 3 injectors which didn't need replacement? Is there a chance of one of them copping out like the first one or is the issue only with one-off injectors?

Thanks for the tips @Ragavsr
Old 8th September 2018, 21:49   #10781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
So I assume they cannot be used?
Btw, how much did they charge for the new injector and replacement, etc.?

Another query I had was. In how good of a condition are the other 3 injectors which didn't need replacement? Is there a chance of one of them copping out like the first one or is the issue only with one-off injectors?
No, they can't be used.

The dealership was rigid about not letting me take the injectors to test. So took the car to Bosch Service Centre.

Hans Ford created a drama before they let the car go. That's a story for another day.

Costed around 19K in total, plus 4800 for testing the injectors.

They do perform compression tests and the injector guys told me not to fill from highway pumps which sell adulterated diesel.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 22:44   #10782
BHPian

My figo TDCI 1.4 today reached a new mile stone. 90k Kms & 5 & half years. It has been extremely reliable, been thru thick & thin. Fun to drive for the most part, & a great highway cruiser. Despite doing 90k Kms the engine still feels good. Its aged well. Hopefully I should be able to touch the magic figure of 1lac Kms. It has of course had its fair share of overhauls. The suspension, clutch & tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20180916_172304.jpg  

iamsai_iyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 09:46   #10783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
It has of course had its fair share of overhauls. The suspension, clutch & tires.
While I understand the clutch and tires being replaced, when and what parts of the suspension were repaired and why?
Old 17th September 2018, 22:58   #10784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
While I understand the clutch and tires being replaced, when and what parts of the suspension were repaired and why?
Front & rear shocks, front tie rod. Needed to replace as they seemed to have become weak, was bottoming out often. The rear end seemed to have sagged a little & would make small noises when driving over humps.
Old 18th September 2018, 09:22   #10785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Didn't Ford move to Bosch injectors with the facelift Figo in end 2012 ? The Conti injectors are the one's that have issues and most of the affected cars are before the facelift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks