Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2017, 20:57   #10516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Resale price offered by dealers are pathetic, one guy offered me 1.75 lakhs . Is it that bad ? At just 74K and 7 years, I feel the car has lot of life left in it. Still a joy to drive on the highway and I don't feel like selling it at low price. Except some body scratches, the car is in very good condition and no major repair in 7 years. (Changed break pads once, that's all). Still getting mileage of about 17-18 on the highway and about 15-16 in the city.
The price you are seeing is because of the age of the car as well as the brand. Very few cars and brands command a good resale value and Ford isn't one of them. Same is true for my Fiat Palio and other Fiat cars and I always advice people to hang on to their cars as secondary vehicles if they can afford it.
Old 4th May 2017, 18:55   #10517
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

At 58000 Kms and after 7 years the AC wasn't cooling at all. Went to the service center and the mechanic said that cooling coil is gone which has resulted in low gas volume. The cooling coil costs 3500/-, dashboard removal - fitting 3000/- and gas charge 2500/-. So total repair cost of around 9 thousand rupees. Is the cost same at other dealers as well?

Also, the front right shock absorber Is leaking and making noise over potholes. They said the shocks costs 1500/- each. Are the shockers changed on pairs or only one would suffice?
Old 5th May 2017, 13:41   #10518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
At 58000 Kms and after 7 years the AC wasn't cooling at all. Went to the service center and the mechanic said that cooling coil is gone which has resulted in low gas volume. The cooling coil costs 3500/-, dashboard removal - fitting 3000/- and gas charge 2500/-. So total repair cost of around 9 thousand rupees. Is the cost same at other dealers as well?

Also, the front right shock absorber Is leaking and making noise over potholes. They said the shocks costs 1500/- each. Are the shockers changed on pairs or only one would suffice?
AC repairs seem more in line, your SA might be able to get some offer that Ford would have for lower labour costs.

On the shock absorbers, I would change both (if they haven't been changed in 7 years), left leg has new shoe and right leg has old shoe, will not give you the best ride. 1500/- will be well spent
Life span of these are around 4-5 years.
Old 11th May 2017, 15:55   #10519
BHPian

I'm having a problem with bluetooth music streaming from my Lenovo P2 to the Figo's bluetooth system. The phone pairs fine but I can't see song metadata on the HU display and I can't navigate tracks using prev/next button on the HU. I'm using Poweramp app for playing my music. Upon inquiring on some forums, I was advised to check if there is a firmware update for the Figo's bluetooth system to fix this compatibility issue. Anyone here faced similar issues and solved it? Whom do I approach for the firmware update query?
Old 12th May 2017, 05:36   #10520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
the blower is making noise but not enough cool air is pumped into the cabin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Bingo, Same Problem,
The issue you guys are facing is because of a faulty thermistor. This is a known issue and even though Ford is aware about the same it has not bothered with a recall and are dealing with it on a case-by-case basis - maybe because not a lot of people have faced this issue.
I had faced this issue when my Figo Titanium was just 6m old - Ford service guys promptly changed the thermister under warranty and since then I haven't faced this issue again. I've got another Figo (Zxi) - on which the thermistor hasn't been changed however I've not faced the issue till date.
IMO Ford should not be charging you for the thermistor - see if you can escalate it with the service center manager and at-least get a discount if not the replacement for free.
Old 12th May 2017, 08:42   #10521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
The issue you guys are facing is because of a faulty thermistor.
I've faced the issue multiple times and still facing the issue and no, the thermistor change also didn't work for me. This and the stalling issue has never really left my car, even after escalating to multiple levels. My car is now more than 6 years old and I've kind of learned to live with it. My solution now; take the XUV out for long drives and use the Figo only for intra-city commute.
Old 19th May 2017, 22:42   #10522
BHPian

Completed 1 Lakh Km

I went to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar for the regular Service. Got the following things done :
1. Engine Oil
2. Oil Filter
3. Air Filter
4. Coolant

The bill was around 3800/-

Now, coming to the main issue which has been concerning me for some time now - the suspension!! Its been making a lot of noise of late, and I asked them to inspect it. I was even prepared to shell out around 20K bucks to get things rectified, as the car has not really had any major issues for the past 18 months, since I replaced the V-Belt and the dampner pulley at 70K km (that was on the insistence of the SA, I never felt any problem with it.

So, they inspected everything - and gave me an estimate of 40,000/- to my surprise. Below are the things he advised me to change -
  1. Steering Column play, replacement ~7900/-
  2. Radiator Fan motor bearing making noise (not related to suspension), replacement ~ 7500/-
  3. Both tie rod have play, replacement ~4000/-
  4. Both link rod have play, replacement ~1700/-
  5. Left tie end boot damage, need to check/change (no estimate given, but he insisted he will have to check and see what needs to be done)
  6. Wheel bearings ~12000/-
And, he told me once they open up the suspension this estimate will go up and can easily touch 60,000/- as he suggested changing rear drums, and the front discs - though I am not keen on replacing them as yet.

Now, I am confused - shall I go ahead with these repairs? Yes, the suspension is making noise and I intend to keep the car for at least an year more.

I have never really had any work done in the car from outside. Shall I explore some friendly neighborhood garage? I expect the costs to some down by more than half - as FASS really quotes exorbitant rates. Will it be a good decision to explore outside? I go to FASS only for peace of mind, I am not sure if 60K is worth the peace of mind you get after getting things done at the authorised service station.

Also, how easy will it be to source the parts in the market? Any good garage in West Delhi?

Last edited by dhinchak : 19th May 2017 at 22:49.
Old 19th May 2017, 23:42   #10523
BHPian

You should go to Kashmiri Gate, look for a Good Mechanic around that area. Get the suspension dismantled and buy all the parts from there. Don't forget to bargain when you're paying for the parts. As per my knowledge and past experience it Should cost you not more than 25k (everything you mentioned), provided you purchase local parts and not Ford branded including labour. Time consuming but Totally Worth It !
All the best !

Last edited by Dev-Gun : 19th May 2017 at 23:44.
Dev-Gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 00:51   #10524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
  1. Steering Column play, replacement ~7900/-
  2. Radiator Fan motor bearing making noise (not related to suspension), replacement ~ 7500/-
  3. Both tie rod have play, replacement ~4000/-
  4. Both link rod have play, replacement ~1700/-
  5. Left tie end boot damage, need to check/change (no estimate given, but he insisted he will have to check and see what needs to be done)
  6. Wheel bearings ~12000/-
And, he told me once they open up the suspension this estimate will go up and can easily touch 60,000/- as he suggested changing rear drums, and the front discs - though I am not keen on replacing them as yet.

Also, how easy will it be to source the parts in the market? Any good garage in West Delhi?
The FASS is clearly taking you for a royal ride.

1.Replace the link rods before anything else, this should take care of the noise for the most part. Genuine ford stabilizer link rod costs around Rs.600/- per side.

2.Visit a wheel alignment shop and ask those guys to check all the ball-joints and tie-rods during the alignment.
Inner tie-rod ball joint is Rs.986/- per side.
Outer tie-rod end is approximately Rs.1500/- per pair.

3.If the ride quality is good and the struts are not leaking oil then don't replace it. In-case it needs replacement then each side costs roughly 1800/-.

4.Are you sure the wheel bearings are shot ? Classic symptom of failing wheel bearing is increase in groaning noise with vehicle speed.
Rear wheel bearings for non-abs variant is around 1900 for genuine ford bearing and 1750/- for skf make bearing.

5.Drums do not need replacement so soon unless the brake shoes have worn out till the metal and has scratched it. Ford OE brake shoe set for non-abs variant is 1563/-.

Avoid aftermarket spares, Ford is now selling genuine spare parts through the distributors. If any part is not available, you can place an order.
https://www.india.ford.com/owner/for...s-distributor/
interc00led is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 19:04   #10525
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need advice. Couple of weeks back, I re-filled battery water. I was very particular about not overfilling it, keeping the level below the threads of the cap. But I think still some water got spilled out and it landed on box that houses the gear change mechanism, the box many of you would have seen while getting the gear cable bush changed. I think some of it seeped in. The inside has all the signs of the dried sulfuric acid solution.

Now the strange behavior started. First the gear change became very hard. I inspected the gear cable box but other than residue of dried acid mix, the bush looked fine. The hard gear changes continued for about a week, after which, suddenly it became very light. In fact I think it was never this light even when I bought it new. So I got worried and again inspected the gear change mechanism for any signs of damage. Could not see any. Just to be safe, I prepared a baking soda and water solution and cleaned the parts inside the box. Cleaned everything thoroughly with water. Now, the gear shift has again became hard . Any idea what is happening here?
Old 24th May 2017, 11:19   #10526
BHPian

@shipnil: I had the exact same problem a couple of months back. I've posted pictures and a small write up in this same blog about three months ago.

I'm quite perplexed why you are experiencing a stiff and slack gear shift. In my case the bush was completely eaten and my box went lifeless.

I highly suggest checking it again and possibly replacing it. They are prone to failure. Also spray a bit of WD40 on the mechanism and levers just to lubricate.
Old 29th May 2017, 15:21   #10527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
The FASS is clearly taking you for a royal ride.

1.Replace the link rods before anything else, this should take care of the noise for the most part. Genuine ford stabilizer link rod costs around Rs.600/- per side.

2.Visit a wheel alignment shop and ask those guys to check all the ball-joints and tie-rods during the alignment.
Inner tie-rod ball joint is Rs.986/- per side.
Outer tie-rod end is approximately Rs.1500/- per pair.

3.If the ride quality is good and the struts are not leaking oil then don't replace it. In-case it needs replacement then each side costs roughly 1800/-.

4.Are you sure the wheel bearings are shot ? Classic symptom of failing wheel bearing is increase in groaning noise with vehicle speed.
Rear wheel bearings for non-abs variant is around 1900 for genuine ford bearing and 1750/- for skf make bearing.

5.Drums do not need replacement so soon unless the brake shoes have worn out till the metal and has scratched it. Ford OE brake shoe set for non-abs variant is 1563/-.

Avoid aftermarket spares, Ford is now selling genuine spare parts through the distributors. If any part is not available, you can place an order.
https://www.india.ford.com/owner/for...s-distributor/
Went to a local mechanic and got the following things replaced with Ford originals -
1. Both Link Rods
2. Both Tie rods and ti-rod ends
3. Both side caliper pins

The ride quality is good, and the rattling from the suspension and the the steering is gone. Total damage done : 12,000 for the parts and 600 for the labor.

Now, the sad part - Yesterday evening all of a sudden the A/C stopped cooling - the compressor would not turn on. Only the fan was working, throwing hot air. From a few days - I had been hearing a hissing noise from the A/C unit and reduced cooling and now all of a sudden no cooling.

Today morning, when I tried the A/C it again started working and strangely there was no hissing noise. What could it be and how much damage to the pocket can I expect?

Shall I get it done from FASS or a local mechanic is preferred?
Old 29th May 2017, 15:47   #10528
BHPian

Quote:
Now, the sad part - Yesterday evening all of a sudden the A/C stopped cooling - the compressor would not turn on. Only the fan was working, throwing hot air. From a few days - I had been hearing a hissing noise from the A/C unit and reduced cooling and now all of a sudden no cooling.

Today morning, when I tried the A/C it again started working and strangely there was no hissing noise. What could it be and how much damage to the pocket can I expect?

I suspect it is a failed evaporator coil.

Got mine replaced last week under extended warranty. Evaporator coil costs about Rs.6000/- approximately, which was covered under extended warranty. Refrigerant gas (R134a), compressor oil (WSH-M1C231-B) refilling, Pollen filter replacement and labor charges added up to Rs.3136/-

You can find the details in my post Ford Figo TDCi 2014 Evaporator Coil Replacement

It is better to get the job done from FASS, since replacing the evaporator coil, involves dismantling of the entire dashboard. If not done properly, will result in rattling and squeaking while driving. That said, if you get the job done outside, there is a possibility of brazing the leaking points, so it will be much cheaper than replacing the evaporator coil.

But usually if there is a leak, the A/C should not work again. Strange that you have mentioned that it worked today morning. Might be a faulty compressor clutch also. Can't really say. Please visit a FASS and get the system checked thoroughly.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 29th May 2017 at 15:56. Reason: Few more details added
BLACKBLADE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 15:56   #10529
BHPian

Quote:
If you are hearing hissing noise, its usually a/c gas escaping. First you need to check where is a/c gas leaking.

Quote:
Today morning, when I tried the A/C it again started working and strangely there was no hissing noise.
Is temperature is low in morning? Can you confident, outside temperature is hotter than the air coming from Air vents?
Quote:
What could it be and how much damage to the pocket can I expect?
Damage is based on which component is leaking. Its usually Evaporator core (behind dashboard), which will cost 3.5K and labor is around 2k plus same amount in gas re-charge.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 16:31   #10530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
I suspect it is a failed evaporator coil.

Got mine replaced last week under extended warranty. Evaporator coil costs about Rs.6000/- approximately, which was covered under extended warranty. Refrigerant gas (R134a), compressor oil (WSH-M1C231-B) refilling, Pollen filter replacement and labor charges added up to Rs.3136/-

You can find the details in my post Ford Figo TDCi 2014 Evaporator Coil Replacement

It is better to get the job done from FASS, since replacing the evaporator coil, involves dismantling of the entire dashboard. If not done properly, will result in rattling and squeaking while driving. That said, if you get the job done outside, there is a possibility of brazing the leaking points, so it will be much cheaper than replacing the evaporator coil.

But usually if there is a leak, the A/C should not work again. Strange that you have mentioned that it worked today morning. Might be a faulty compressor clutch also. Can't really say. Please visit a FASS and get the system checked thoroughly.
Thanks for the advice. Will visit FASS this weekend and get things checked. The hissing noise has been there from day 1 since I bought the car, but it used to be there only when the compressor started. Now, the hissing nosie was consistent for the entire duration the AC was running. But, yes - the AC working again was surprising for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Is temperature is low in morning? Can you confident, outside temperature is hotter than the air coming from Air vents?
I guess, that could be a reason - it rained today morning. But, I am not really sure. yesterday the AC compressor just would not start. The car gets a small jerk when the compressor kicks in. Anyhow, I am suspecting a bill of around 10K when FASS goes about checking the parts. Figo has been a costly car for me. :(

Last edited by dhinchak : 29th May 2017 at 16:36. Reason: replied to RaguHolla as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks