Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 12:54   #10486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hi Guys. I recently purchased a pre-worshipped Ford Figo 1.2 Exi and have been happy with most of the aspects it offers. However, I don't know if it has been discussed earlier (pardon me if it has) but I'm getting a mileage of 7.5kmpl within the city with A/C on all the time. Isn't this terribly low for hatchback standards? I'm not expecting an FE of 13-15kmpl but 10-12 kmpl, yes for sure. It is a 2010 model and had run 123xx kms when I bought it.
That is low even for Figo standards.

My drive doesn't involve bumper to bumper traffic, but with moderate traffic and AC on I get around 9.5 kmpl. I do have 195 size tires as well. On a stock car you should get 10-11 kmpl.

Since your car has run very less for 7 years, let it run for few months and then check. Also note that the petrol Figo is very sensitive to accelerator inputs when it comes to efficiency figures.
Old 30th March 2017, 13:20   #10487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I did get the drive belt changed at around 80k. I checked the belt and it is in great condition. On the other hand, the tensioner pulley has not been replaced till now. It seems to be the culprit.

When I started the car yesterday, everything was back to normal. The belt was running fine and I was able to use AC while driving. Anyways, I have given the car for 100k service today and have highlighted the issue. Let's see what the A.S.S. says.
Just got a call from my SA who is saying that this issue has originated due to some issue in the compressor and is suggesting for a full replacement of AC compressor, tensioner pulley and other associated parts. The compressor is costing 15k and has to come from Chennai and the other parts account to a total of 10k without labor. So, the total service cost is coming around 35-40k. Can this work be done from outside or should I trust Ford and ask them to proceed with the activities?
Old 30th March 2017, 13:36   #10488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from my SA who is saying that this issue has originated due to some issue in the compressor and is suggesting for a full replacement of AC compressor, tensioner pulley and other associated parts. The compressor is costing 15k and has to come from Chennai and the other parts account to a total of 10k without labor. So, the total service cost is coming around 35-40k. Can this work be done from outside or should I trust Ford and ask them to proceed with the activities?
Would stick to replacing the tensioner pulley and belt and check for the issue. If AC is functioning fine, not sure why they mentioned replacing the compressor too.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 13:39   #10489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Would stick to replacing the tensioner pulley and belt and check for the issue. If AC is functioning fine, not sure why they mentioned replacing the compressor too.
I am thinking on the same terms.. There has been absolutely no issue with the AC and am not sure why the compressor has to be replaced. I will talk with him and try to get more details.
Old 30th March 2017, 13:41   #10490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking on the same terms.. There has been absolutely no issue with the AC and am not sure why the compressor has to be replaced. I will talk with him and try to get more details.

I endorse this point of view. Looks like they are trying to milk you!
Old 30th March 2017, 15:01   #10491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I endorse this point of view. Looks like they are trying to milk you!
So, the issue has been identified to alternator pulley. The anti-clockwise rotations are getting jammed which is causing the entire issue. Have asked them to replace the alternator pulley along with the tensioner and damper pulleys and the drive belt as a precautionary step.

The AC Compressor is working fine as always.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 12:35   #10492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Has happened with me as well - should cost you lesser than 2k. Get it done at any Ford SS. Very small job, literally takes 15 mins.

Got it done and costed about 1600 bucks. Here is the bill Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491030340.711886.jpg
vinucv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 18:02   #10493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, the issue has been identified to alternator pulley. The anti-clockwise rotations are getting jammed which is causing the entire issue. Have asked them to replace the alternator pulley along with the tensioner and damper pulleys and the drive belt as a precautionary step.

The AC Compressor is working fine as always.
Are you getting it done at FASS? or FNG? How much is it costing you? My Figo diesel is also giving pretty low mileage on AC by diesel standards.
Old 5th April 2017, 00:15   #10494
BHPian

One lakh km update
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4176716
Old 7th April 2017, 16:49   #10495
BHPian

I did my 70 K service last week (actually it was 72.5 K) at Lathangi Ford service at Hosur Road Bangalore. Total bill of 5129, I was happy with that. I had reported that AC is getting weak on long runs, asked them to check it. They told that compressor is fine, no need of gas refill, issue is with "thermister" which costs about 1800. Anyone has done this ? I could not do it as the part was not in stock at that time. Hoping to get it done next week. Other than that, the usual squeaking sound issue from the left corner of rear seat and they claimed to have fixed it. I will know only when I I ride on bad roads. Overall, I still love this car, especially when I am on highway. Thinking of a replacement in few months, but not feeling like letting go of this !
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 16:56   #10496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I did my 70 K service last week (actually it was 72.5 K) at Lathangi Ford service at Hosur Road Bangalore. Total bill of 5129, I was happy with that. I had reported that AC is getting weak on long runs, asked them to check it. They told that compressor is fine, no need of gas refill, issue is with "thermister" which costs about 1800. Anyone has done this ? I could not do it as the part was not in stock at that time. Hoping to get it done next week. Other than that, the usual squeaking sound issue from the left corner of rear seat and they claimed to have fixed it. I will know only when I I ride on bad roads. Overall, I still love this car, especially when I am on highway. Thinking of a replacement in few months, but not feeling like letting go of this !
Was the AC issue like the fan was making so much sound but was not blowing anything out to the cabin?
I also faced a similar issue during a long drive while I was allowing outside air to flow to cabin long time. Post that day never had a similar experience so i doubt if its the same issue or now, but now its functioning normally and I have not done anything to the AC till now
Old 7th April 2017, 18:45   #10497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Was the AC issue like the fan was making so much sound but was not blowing anything out to the cabin?
I also faced a similar issue during a long drive while I was allowing outside air to flow to cabin long time. Post that day never had a similar experience so i doubt if its the same issue or now, but now its functioning normally and I have not done anything to the AC till now
Yes..It happened on couple of long drives of 7 hours. I usually start such long drives early in the morning and switch on the AC only after the sun is out. After about 4 hours of drive, the blower is making noise but not enough cool air is pumped into the cabin. Once during a trip from Bangalore to Kodaikanal, this caused lot of inconvenience. Had to switch off AC for more than an hour and after that it was better. This happened again 3 weeks back during my drive from Bangalore to Kerala. But it was fine during my return trip. On both the occasions when I had problem, I started my long drive around 5:45 AM. Other long trips where I did not have this problem, I started rather later by 7 - 7:30 AM. Just a coincidence or something is there with the time of the day ?
Old 7th April 2017, 19:20   #10498
BHPian

Quote:
Yes..It happened on couple of long drives of 7 hours. I usually start such long drives early in the morning and switch on the AC only after the sun is out. After about 4 hours of drive, the blower is making noise but not enough cool air is pumped into the cabin. Once during a trip from Bangalore to Kodaikanal, this caused lot of inconvenience. Had to switch off AC for more than an hour and after that it was better. This happened again 3 weeks back during my drive from Bangalore to Kerala. But it was fine during my return trip. On both the occasions when I had problem, I started my long drive around 5:45 AM. Other long trips where I did not have this problem, I started rather later by 7 - 7:30 AM. Just a coincidence or something is there with the time of the day ?

Bingo, Same Problem, but it never reoccurred for me after its 1st occurence 2months back while coming to Bangalore from Kottayam. Had to switch OFF ac for some time to use it again and I did it multiple times till I reach Bangalore. Till the problem started I was using outside air to come in cabin (almost for 4 hours continously, recirculation mode was OFF) which I assume to be the problem. Why I say this is while my next trip from Bangalore to Kottayam I used re circulation mode for AC through ouot the time and there was no issue at all and still the AC is performing good. I was informed by the same service centre (Lathangi Hosur rd) that it could be a problem with thermistor but I did get it diagnosed in Kairali Ford Kottayam and they couldnt figure out any issues and it good now also.

I assume you still have the issue? If so, please update here once you get it rectified by changing the component. Im waiting for another ac outage to get it diagnosed well. Dont know when it will happen. Anyways the vehicle is under extended warranty and I extended it for another 1 year.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:53   #10499
BHPian

Bibin - It happened only twice for me. More than the early morning start for the long trip, I think the issue is the start from Bangalore ! When I start from here early towards Salem, I get to drive spiritedly for 3-4 hours on the highway, after the Attibele toll. Such triple digit speed for 3-4 hours might be sapping the AC, had read about the possibility somewhere. Return trips from home, the first few hours are not that high speed driving as I need to cross Coimbatore to enjoy the 6 lane highways. May be that's why I never had the issue during return trip. Or for the trip from Kodaikkanal to Kerala. (after I spotted issue first time for Bangalore - Kodai trip).

Ford Kottayam could not find anything wrong with Thermistor ? I am in two minds about changing it...I plan to change this car in next 2 months and this problem happened only twice. If thermistor change is not guaranteed to solve it, why spend the money of 2K+ for a car which I plan to sell soon. (And AC works fine most of the time).

My next long trip is on Apr 21st. I am going to take a risk and see if it happens. May be this time, I will go a bit easy by starting late in the morning from Bangalore. The traffic on a week day will force me to drive at lesser speed and see if the problem happens !

Last edited by Revy : 10th April 2017 at 12:54.
Old 10th April 2017, 13:57   #10500
BHPian

Quote:
Bibin - It happened only twice for me. More than the early morning start for the long trip, I think the issue is the start from Bangalore ! When I start from here early towards Salem, I get to drive spiritedly for 3-4 hours on the highway, after the Attibele toll. Such triple digit speed for 3-4 hours might be sapping the AC, had read about the possibility somewhere. Return trips from home, the first few hours are not that high speed driving as I need to cross Coimbatore to enjoy the 6 lane highways. May be that's why I never had the issue during return trip. Or for the trip from Kodaikkanal to Kerala. (after I spotted issue first time for Bangalore - Kodai trip).

Ford Kottayam could not find anything wrong with Thermistor ? I am in two minds about changing it...I plan to change this car in next 2 months and this problem happened only twice. If thermistor change is not guaranteed to solve it, why spend the money of 2K+ for a car which I plan to sell soon. (And AC works fine most of the time).

My next long trip is on Apr 21st. I am going to take a risk and see if it happens. May be this time, I will go a bit easy by starting late in the morning from Bangalore. The traffic on a week day will force me to drive at lesser speed and see if the problem happens !
Okay. Anyways do update here on your findings, even Im also planning to take it from Kottayam to Bangalore on 22nd, starting early morning so that I can reach Bangalore by 1PM atleast.!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks