Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 13:52   #10441
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hello fellow team-BHPians,

I have been facing a weird issue in my March 2012 Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium. Since the past few months, I have noticed that everytime I accelerate hard, the car jerks slightly behind before moving ahead. The exact feeling is like enough fuel isn't reaching the ignition. This happens only on hard acceleration and not during city riding speeds or acceleration. As a result, I am unable to replicate it during my daily commute and see this only on my highway runs to Pune. The harder the acceleration, the greater is the pushback. Recently on a trip, I noticed it very faintly for the first couple of hours. However, as soon as the car restarted after the Pune toll, it got more pronounced. Initially it was only in the 3, 4, 5 gears and more so at speeds >90kmph. However, this time it started in all gears at all speeds. Things got so bad in the last 45 mins that I was afraid to overtake even 2-wheelers and had a nightmaring drive through the Wakad-Hinjewadi traffic.

I had mentioned this issue to the Ford A.S.S. during my service in June this year and they said a simple software update would rectify it. However, things haven't changed at all.

I would appreciate any help and suggestions from the community about what could possibly be the issue so that I can go with the specifics to Ford and have it rectified.
Old 29th October 2016, 07:35   #10442
BHPian

Do check up the fuel filter, had a similar problem in my Santro (did not jerk behind), which had an acceleration issue. Fuel lines were checked and some tiny corroded pieces from the fuel tank were found to be the culprit.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 12:19   #10443
BHPian

Guys need your advice. I have Figo TDCi. She has clocked 66000kms without any major issues. I regularly and timely service her at FASS.
During 50000 kms servicing, passenger side suspension - hydraulic dampener was found leaking. As there were no issues, I didn't replace. FASS also didn't insist to change it. Till date, I have been living with that leaking dampener. No issues, unnecessary noise, or change in car's behavior so far.
Shall I continue with the same till there is no issue? Or shall I replace it at the next servicing? Will running my car with that leaking dampener cause any other problem?
Your thoughts please.
Old 31st October 2016, 12:58   #10444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
I had a gear shifter problem recently on my Figo while on a trip out of station and to my luck, some jugaad solved the problem. Came back to Bangalore and started looking for solutions as the very simple part to replace is Rs 3,600 + labour according to Ford service.
I got mine replaced for Rs.750/- including labor in ford service.

Last edited by r_devakumar : 31st October 2016 at 13:04. Reason: Removed the video link
Old 31st October 2016, 13:08   #10445
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Hi,

I am having cooling fan issue with my Figo. When I called MPL Pallikaranai, they said they are not taking vehicle for servicing. They gave me number for Eureka Ford in Perungudi (taken over from MPL perungudi). Anyone done their servicing from Eureka Ford please share your experience.

Also, please suggest any local garage around Tambaram/OMR which is doing good work on servicing Figo. Since my Figo is out of warranty now, I am open to do the servicing outside Ford authorized service stations.

Regards
Devakumar

Went to Eureka ford today for the cooling fan issue (which runs always in high speed). A condenser is changed which is required for the fan to run in low speed. Part cost is 1145/- and with labor 1400/-. Now I am not hearing anymore the annoying noise of fan working in high speed. However, i am still seeing the fan is not working when idle and a/c is off (and i can see the engine temp crossing 90 degree). If i switch on the a/c, the fan starts work normally and the engine temperature comes down to the normal range (83 / 84).
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 22:54   #10446
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Went to Eureka ford today for the cooling fan issue (which runs always in high speed). A condenser is changed which is required for the fan to run in low speed. Part cost is 1145/- and with labor 1400/-. Now I am not hearing anymore the annoying noise of fan working in high speed. However, i am still seeing the fan is not working when idle and a/c is off (and i can see the engine temp crossing 90 degree). If i switch on the a/c, the fan starts work normally and the engine temperature comes down to the normal range (83 / 84).

The 1st stage fan comes on without AC around 96 celsius and 2nd stage around 105 celsius with AC. With AC - the AC gas pressure takes precedence first, then radiator temperature. With AC the slow speed is always on or at least when compressor is engaged. 90 celsius is a normal temperature when idling, during normal running it should go to 84 celsius without AC or with AC.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 21:24   #10447
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to Eureka ford today for the cooling fan issue (which runs always in high speed). A condenser is changed which is required for the fan to run in low speed. Part cost is 1145/- and with labor 1400/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
The 1st stage fan comes on without AC around 96 celsius and 2nd stage around 105 celsius with AC. With AC - the AC gas pressure takes precedence first, then radiator temperature.
I had the same issue few months back. I replaced the 1st speed sensor which is located on the top of the radiator. I bought it in an AC spares shop at North Usman Road and the cost was just 550/-.

To fix it, just push into the slot until you get a click sound . As my car is out of warranty, I do some of the non-critical service at general workshops.

Regarding the gear cable bush, please do instruct the service advisor to do a check. I wrote to Ford when I faced this problem two years back on a highway near Trichy. I managed to tie a plastic thread and drove to Rockcity Ford, Trichy. The spare cost was 550/-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4008751

Last edited by RGK : 2nd November 2016 at 21:31. Reason: Added content
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 18:56   #10448
BHPian

Guys,

My 2011 Figo TDCi is nearing 115000 kms. During the last engine oil change, the mechanic showed me that the oil level in the dipstick is very low. Also, I had been feeling too much clatter when the engine is left to idle. He also mentioned there is a slight trace of white smoke seen. After the oil change the I felt the clatter and overall engine noise got reduced. Its been about 6k kms now after the oil change. Today when I checked the level in the dipstick, it was worrying to see low oil levels. Can you guys explain what could be the possible causes/solutions ? I really dont want to sell the car now due to emotional and financial reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20161114_085341194.jpg  

Old 14th November 2016, 20:18   #10449
Senior - BHPian

Just got my 50K service done at Sai Sakshi Ford in Pune. This was my first service in Pune and after the good service at MPL Ford in Chennai I wasn't sure what to expect here. Glad to report that it went off smoothly and the car feels good, but I had no such issues to report apart from some rattles.

Service cost so far;
10K - Rs.1750
20K - Rs.4066
30K - Rs.5004
40K - Rs.4517
50K - Rs.4115

Super happy with Ford's service costs ! Hopefully it continues to get better.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 10:19   #10450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Guys,

My 2011 Figo TDCi is nearing 115000 kms. During the last engine oil change, the mechanic showed me that the oil level in the dipstick is very low. Also, I had been feeling too much clatter when the engine is left to idle. He also mentioned there is a slight trace of white smoke seen. After the oil change the I felt the clatter and overall engine noise got reduced. Its been about 6k kms now after the oil change. Today when I checked the level in the dipstick, it was worrying to see low oil levels. Can you guys explain what could be the possible causes/solutions ? I really dont want to sell the car now due to emotional and financial reasons.
You have to check oil levels every month and add if found low or near half way point.If there is too much oil loss , it could be the rings , turbo seals or a leak. You have to get it diagnosed. Do not use a thicker oil as it can do more damage in the long run.If I were you I will refill with 5W30 magnatec oil semi syn. and see how much running reduces how much oil. this will give a fair idea of the damage.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:13   #10451
BHPian

Last week I had given my car for some body work and while taking it back on Saturday just when I was about to leave the center, engine check light started glowing continuously. I switched off and started the engine again, but I could see the light. Immediately called Ford RSA and they recommended me to drive slowly and informed me that they will arrange towing vehicle upon any breakdown. Since it was already late in the evening and Ford ASC is good 50kms from my hometown I decided to drive down the car on Monday. Surprisingly while driving I didn`t see any change in behavior of my car, no drop in pickup nor I could see any excess smoke coming from the exhaust.

Yesterday I had some urgent work so asked my brother to take the car to Mangalore Ford. While starting the car in the morning, check engine light was not present and everything was normal. I asked him to take the car the service center. People at Cauvery Ford Mangalore informed as the error is due to clogging of EGR valve.

My car has run 48K so far and I feel it is too early for valve to get clogged. Today I have driven it for around 350kms and I couldn`t see the problem getting reproduced again and also no excess smoke from the exhaust. Folks I need your help in understanding this and did anybody got EGR cleaned if so what was the cost and also if it is in Bangalore can you please share the service center details.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 22nd November 2016 at 13:21.
Old 26th November 2016, 19:34   #10452

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Last week I had given my car for some body work and while taking it back on Saturday just when I was about to leave the center, engine check light started glowing continuously. I switched off and started the engine again, but I could see the light. Immediately called Ford RSA and they recommended me to drive slowly and informed me that they will arrange towing vehicle upon any breakdown. Since it was already late in the evening and Ford ASC is good 50kms from my hometown I decided to drive down the car on Monday. Surprisingly while driving I didn`t see any change in behavior of my car, no drop in pickup nor I could see any excess smoke coming from the exhaust.

Yesterday I had some urgent work so asked my brother to take the car to Mangalore Ford. While starting the car in the morning, check engine light was not present and everything was normal. I asked him to take the car the service center. People at Cauvery Ford Mangalore informed as the error is due to clogging of EGR valve.

My car has run 48K so far and I feel it is too early for valve to get clogged. Today I have driven it for around 350kms and I couldn`t see the problem getting reproduced again and also no excess smoke from the exhaust. Folks I need your help in understanding this and did anybody got EGR cleaned if so what was the cost and also if it is in Bangalore can you please share the service center details.
hi,
i had the same problem in my 2010 ford figo, intermittent check engine light, especially during a long drive. i have my own obd reader so i found the problem myself and it was "P1409" which relates to EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid.

The egr cleaning was done from a local workshop and it cost me Rs.600/- time taken half a day.i live in a small town, so the charges may be high in bangalore and particularly from FASS.

I think if you drive mostly in the city EGR may clog soon.
dvinod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 11:09   #10453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post

Yesterday I had some urgent work so asked my brother to take the car to Mangalore Ford. While starting the car in the morning, check engine light was not present and everything was normal. I asked him to take the car the service center. People at Cauvery Ford Mangalore informed as the error is due to clogging of EGR .
In my Figo petrol, the intermittent check engine light was resolved by throttle body cleaning. I got it done almost 2 years back and haven't experienced the issue since then.
Old 20th December 2016, 02:18   #10454
BHPian

Need advice guys. My Figo is currently at 45k kms. Off late, the AC after running for about an hour or so, tends to not blow out air at all. I hear the fan running, but very little air comes out. If AC is switched off for about 15-20mins and switched back on, it continues to cool as usual very effectively, but again same issue happens after an hour. Anybody experienced a similar problem?
My local mechanic friend said the thermostat might have gone which would lead to ice formation and no way for air to come out of blower. But he doesn't work on ACs. Checking in to Ford A.S.S gave me a quote of around 6.5k if its the thermostat. 1.5k for Thermostat and 5k for labor as the entire dashboard has to be removed. But they said only after removing the entire dashboard, they can confirm which part is to be changed.
Does this seem a fair quote?
Old 26th December 2016, 14:02   #10455
BHPian

the quote does seem to be on the higher side, but ford service costs, especially the labour is usually on the higher side. if you car is still under warranty, its better you do it in the service centre itself. Just a bit of advice, you could take a second opinion with a renowned car A/C service center/mechanic, since many a times these guys know better than the ASS in my experience. in fact if you know someone genuine, you could even do it with him/them if your car is out of warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks