Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2016, 14:57   #10411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Thanks, Akshay! I was sceptical earlier since I did not have experience with any petrol steeds from ford.
Like others have mentioned, 11-12kmpl seems to be the norm, however I have never got that figure in city
Mine has always been around 9kmpl and 13-14 kmpl on highway.

If the person planning to buy the car is mileage conscious, this is not the car.
Ford petrol engines are very sensitive to load/traffic and accelerator input. All these would affect the mileage to 1-2 kmpl or more.

Service charges for annual service is reasonable.
Part replacements have been minimal in my case and were reasonable too.

Last edited by tharian : 21st September 2016 at 14:59.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 10:44   #10412
BHPian

Quote:
What is the average FE for the Ist Gen Figo petrol? Tried combing through the forum but couldn't get a solid figure mentioned anywhere.
10-12 kmpl within heavy traffic of Delhi is what my friend gets. Regular traffic and some highway run included, it gives 13-14 kmpl.
Quote:
Also, he mentioned that this is a low run (16K on the odo) and getting it for around 2.5L directly from the seller. Let me know if it make sense to pick up this car or should he look for other options if he is concerned about the FE and regular maintenance costs.
R-Six
Figo petrol has low resale value but it's better than other cars like i10 due to space it offers inside and in boot. I would suggest to bargain for 2L or close of it as 2.5 sounds too much. Price would also depend upon the trim you are looking at.
rahulba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 12:28   #10413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Price would also depend upon the trim you are looking at.
Thanks Rahul! I guess this is a Titanium variant.
Old 11th October 2016, 23:48   #10414
BHPian

I have a Fird Figo EXI TDCI and hada few queries on when to change the clutch... Rear Wheel Ball Bearing .

- My cars done 45000 kms with a remap running and fully synthetic oil. My clutch gives a slight shudder when trying to climb an incline..and at times, if the accelerator doesn;t have enough gas. I cant say the car is sluggish, but when Im running the AC and have slowed with an rpm range of 1000-1100 the accelteration even on 2nd or 3rd really goes down. WIth turbo the lag is usually ther but just asking in case has seen the same problem. So is it normal / or complete abnormal to change the clutch after 5 yrs 45,000km? Im runing this mostly in city condition, so ther is a lot of clutch usage.

- Second - te FORD told me the other day that the rear wheel bearing is starting to give away. Any idea if this requires a change even wen the rear wheel isn't giving a lot of extra noise
Old 12th October 2016, 10:21   #10415
BHPian

The life of clutch can't be determined specifically. It largely depends on driving style, traffic conditions and load. Some cars might require clutch change and 20000 kms and some can go beyond 1 lac kms on original clutch. If you are facing the judder and the gear shift a bit clumsy, do visit the service center and get an opinion. Don't say right away that you suspect the clutch, say just to take a test drive since you face judder while moving. If they say that the clutch is at fault, do change it.

Mechanics engage the parking brake, put the car in second gear and release the clutch gently without accelerator input. If the car shudders and dies, indicates a bad clutch. If the car moves briskly, the clutch is OK.

Also, check whether the juddering has any link with the remap.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 12th October 2016 at 10:22.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 01:21   #10416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The life of clutch can't be determined specifically. It largely depends on driving style, traffic conditions and load. Some cars might require clutch change and 20000 kms and some can go beyond 1 lac kms on original clutch. If you are facing the judder and the gear shift a bit clumsy, do visit the service center and get an opinion. Don't say right away that you suspect the clutch, say just to take a test drive since you face judder while moving. If they say that the clutch is at fault, do change it.

Mechanics engage the parking brake, put the car in second gear and release the clutch gently without accelerator input. If the car shudders and dies, indicates a bad clutch. If the car moves briskly, the clutch is OK.

Also, check whether the juddering has any link with the remap.
Tried the clutch/parking brake test, and it doesn't shudder and die. My car's been driven within the city mostly...but now moving this to be the high way. Only complaint is low GC..

as for the clutch - will give it a few thousand Kms.
Old 14th October 2016, 17:29   #10417
BHPian

Hello friends,

I have a 1st gen Ford Figo Petrol vehicle (dec 2010 purchased) around 59K on ODO. Of late, I see two issues that are toubling me:
  • Once I run the car for some distance, turn off the engine and turn it back on, it makes some cranky noise I can hear inside the cabin. It does not happen every time but I hear it often. I am not sure how to diagnose it also before I can mention this to the service center.
  • When I am on slopes (up or down) or on 'no roads' on 1st gear (very slow moving traffic), my brake suddenly gets jammed. It gets too hard to press. If I remove my leg completely and press it again, it works.

The service is due for this car and I will get it done in a couple of weeks. However, if I have an idea of what could be the issue, I can better explain it to the mechanics. Otherwise, I am not too positive of their service since my warranty expired.

Please suggest. Also, let me know if I can attach audio files here. I will try to record the sound and upload.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 15th October 2016, 01:15   #10418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello friends,

• Once I run the car for some distance, turn off the engine and turn it back on, it makes some cranky noise I can hear inside the cabin. It does not happen every time but I hear it often. I am not sure how to diagnose it also before I can mention this to the service center.
Not sure, one thing may be your battery has gone weak and needs a replacement. Weak battery is affecting the starting motor coil.
Old 15th October 2016, 07:19   #10419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
Not sure, one thing may be your battery has gone weak and needs a replacement. Weak battery is affecting the starting motor coil.
The battery is new. I've replaced the stock battery with a new one about a year ago.

Thanks for the input anyway.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:33   #10420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
If you look at the underside, on its left side...dont want to be stranded somewhere on the road
@DeepBlue: I can't thank you enough for writing about your experience and putting up those pictures. Thank you so very much.

Last night at about 930pm the transmission went lifeless on my Figo. Luckily for my wife and I it was a quiet street so no major traffic hassles. We just parked and car and cabbed it back home.

I found your post after a google search and man was I happy that I wasn't the only Figo customer with this issue. I bought the part this morning and got it fixed. Its actually a bush just above the picture you have shown.

My car only has 30k km on the odometer. But the real reason, I figured, the bush shred into pieces so much earlier in my usage was that my battery was leaking acid. There is a hole in the plastic box caused by this and the metal in the box is rusted too. I figured the acid would have eaten into the bush.

I took some pictures and will post those soon. But once again thank you so much for this.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th October 2016 at 06:07. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 19:53   #10421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello friends,

I have a 1st gen Ford Figo Petrol vehicle (dec 2010 purchased) around 59K on ODO. Of late, I see two issues that are toubling me:

When I am on slopes (up or down) or on 'no roads' on 1st gear (very slow moving traffic), my brake suddenly gets jammed. It gets too hard to press. If I remove my leg completely and press it again, it works.
I have faced this issue too - in very slow stop-go traffic, the brake seems to become very hard. Solution seemed to be, to allow the car to be in neutral (or keep the clutch pressed) as much as possible when speeds are below 10kmph. Allowing the revs to be around 1K and above also helps.
Issue seems to be a lack of vacuum for servo assistance, which happens if you are running continuously at very low rpm.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 19:59   #10422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I have faced this issue too - in very slow stop-go traffic, the brake seems to become very hard. Solution seemed to be, to allow the car to be in neutral (or keep the clutch pressed) as much as possible when speeds are below 10kmph. Allowing the revs to be around 1K and above also helps.
Issue seems to be a lack of vacuum for servo assistance, which happens if you are running continuously at very low rpm.
That is what I am ending up doing. However, in slopes, this is a bit difficult. I have to take that 1-2 seconds to remove the foot off brake and press the clutch fully and brake again.
Old 19th October 2016, 08:44   #10423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
@DeepBlue: I can't thank you enough for writing about your experience and putting up those pictures.

Last night at about 930pm the transmission went lifeless on my Figo.
Happy to hear my post has helped you . It is an unnerving feeling when the vehicle becomes motionless like that.
I personally know 4-5 Figos' which have had this problem. I feel beyond 30-40k kms Ford should include it as an inspection item in the routine service. It hardly requires any labour to open the box and check. I had written about the same to Ford but only received the customary "check with the service centre" reply.
I guess you will have to solve the acid leaking battery problem too.
Old 19th October 2016, 12:25   #10424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Happy to hear my post has helped you . It is an unnerving feeling when the vehicle becomes motionless like that.
I personally know 4-5 Figos' which have had this problem. I feel beyond 30-40k kms Ford should include it as an inspection item in the routine service. It hardly requires any labour to open the box and check. I had written about the same to Ford but only received the customary "check with the service centre" reply.
I guess you will have to solve the acid leaking battery problem too.
Yeah I spoke to a couple of colleagues with Figo's and they too have had the same problem.

I realised about two weeks ago that two of the cells in my battery had extremely low distilled water. I guess the alternator had started overcharging the battery and could have caused it to leak out. I topped the cells and checked the entire battery. There seems to be no problem now. But it is time for me to change it; been almost 4 years.
Old 20th October 2016, 19:40   #10425
BHPian

Hi... Can someone post the exact dimensions of Figo's front grille monogram? This is for my colleague who lost it. The ones he got online are not an exact fit and hence the query.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks