Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2016, 17:26   #10396
BHPian

Hi All
I was asked by the SA to change the gear bedding on my 65K run Figo TDCi. He said if I don't replace there will be jerking while engaging gears. It will cost about 3K.

Is this normal? Anyone else faced this issue?
Old 28th August 2016, 19:35   #10397
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

After 6 years and 50k km of running the only problem i have today is with the driver side door lock. Since mine is the base lxi version without central/remote locking, due to constant use, manual turning of the key to lock/unlock is very hard. The smooth action has deteriorated to a level that one has to apply force to turn the key.

Now i want to know whether this door lock can be repaired or has to be fully replaced? If replace,would i need new keys and subsequent cost of replacement of all the other key hole, including ignition ?

Regards
I am sure the lock is jam due to dust and water seepage. Just clean the key hole with a brush and spray liberal amount of wd40 outside and inside the key hole with the thin pipe provided along the bottle. Let it settle for sometime and try to operate the lock. If this doesn't work let the mechanic remove the door pad and lubricate the lock. It should be fine.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 28th August 2016 at 19:37.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 15:16   #10398

Hi all,
The front and rear wiper fuses on my figo's fuse box has gone bust for the second time in 3 months. Last time it happened, I had the spare fuses so replaced a 20amp for the front and a 10 for the rear. Last night it happened again. Don't know what is causing it to blow each time. The car is just 13 months old, has clocked 15000 on the odo.
Afraid if there could be a wiring problem..electric fire, etc.. Any insights what could be the root cause?
Thanks.
Old 5th September 2016, 20:40   #10399
BHPian

Hey guys

Yesterday after an hours drive my mom parked the car in the driveway to unload some stuff. After unloading i was going to move the car into the garage. As usual i inserted the key, turned it till all the chimes and lights flashed and disappeared as usual, and when i finally tried to start, there was no crank.I tried repeating the process but the key would just turn and it wouldn't crank. There was half a tank of fuel and the battery is 6 months old.
There was no extra warning lights blinking.

Now before this incident when i used to normally start the car, the process used to begin with a pump turning on sound, then the lights and chimes and on the final key turn it used to start.

During this incident, the pump like sound was sounding different, like it was muted. Thinking it could be a fuse or relay issue i opened the fuse box behind the glove box but I could hear the clicks of the relay on turning the key.

Finally i let the car rest for 15 min, tried starting it, once it failed, same issue. Second time it finally started. i went for a short drive and switched the car on/off 3 or 4 times and it behaved normally. Today mom went for a long trip, no issues.

Never before have i faced this issue and i am wondering if its due to a failing fuel pump or chocked fuel lines? The car was due for its 6 year servicing on Saturday but had to postpone it to Wednesday.
Ill report this incident to Ford A.S.S and see what solution they come up with but would prefer any inputs before i let Ford do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I am sure the lock is jam due to dust and water seepage. Just clean the key hole with a brush and spray liberal amount of wd40 outside and inside the key hole with the thin pipe provided along the bottle. Let it settle for sometime and try to operate the lock. If this doesn't work let the mechanic remove the door pad and lubricate the lock. It should be fine.
I took your advice and applied WD-40 and grease after opening the door pad,and It worked!
Thanks alot, you saved me some labor cost at Ford A.S.S

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 5th September 2016 at 20:42.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 11:11   #10400
BHPian

I've noticed a peculiar issue with my Figo recently. It has started giving DTE chime earlier than usual. I have noticed this issue since the last tank full. When I had it refuelled today, it had run 575 km on 33.25 litres. So, I'm getting decent mileage but it shouldn't be giving DTE chime after 33 litres. Any ideas what the problem could be?
Old 15th September 2016, 15:54   #10401
BHPian

My figo completed 4 years this month and so far it has been a smooth journey. Today while cleaning the car I just happened to notice the rusting in the side of the doors when opened. Corrosion is extensive in the rear LHS and RHS.

Left side rear door
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160912_103447compressed.jpg

Right side rear door
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160912_103511compressed.jpg

Front left side door when opened
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160912_103426compressed.jpg

Right RHS
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160912_103525compressed.jpg

As far as I remember Ford warranty against rusting is only for 2 years from the date of purchase and extended warranty doesn`t cover rusting. Looks like I need to repaint the doors once the rainy season is over.
Old 15th September 2016, 21:22   #10402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
My figo completed 4 years this month and so far it has been a smooth journey. Today while cleaning the car I just happened to notice the rusting in the side of the doors when opened.
I am facing exactly the same issue in my white 2010 figo. The inside of the door edges and the outer corner of the door near the c pillar started rusting roughly about a year ago. Have applied a coat of com-paint spray which I ordered to fix a scratch. But after the rains I am seeing rust spots again on outer edges. Planning to go to a roadside paint shop and get those spots rubbed, primed and touched up as I also need to fix the dent and scratch on the wheel arch. No need to paint the entire door. Just get the rust spots cleared. Seems an issue with white figos.

On the other hand, The diamond white com-paint DIY kit is a complete mismatch in terms of color. Its bluish white while the original shade is creamish white. Had to rub off the paint on the wheel arch scratch after seeing the mismatch.
Old 16th September 2016, 14:15   #10403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey guys

Yesterday after an hours drive...would prefer any inputs before i let Ford do anything.
Do check the battery. How old is it?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th October 2016 at 06:08. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
Old 17th September 2016, 10:53   #10404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
My figo completed 4 years this month and so far it has been a smooth journey. Today while cleaning the car I just happened to notice the rusting in the side of the doors when opened. Corrosion is extensive in the rear LHS and RHS......................

Looks like I need to repaint the doors once the rainy season is over.
My car is 6 years old and very close to the Sea.I too had such rusting, mostly around the weld joints. I used a brush and touched up those parts. Its been a year since i did the touch up and it seems to be holding up well. Maybe you dont need to paint the full door, see for how long the touch up holds and then paint the whole door if necessary.

I have seen similar rusting issue with other fords as well as modern maruti and tata and too some extent hyundai, so its not something exclusive to Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Do check the battery. How old is it?
My battery is 6 months old. The service guys checked for any error codes but dint find any. They hinted at a deteriorating ignition sensor but i have left it for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completed my 6th year servicing a couple of days back. Besides the issue with starting the car and weak handbrake, there was nothing else to complain.
The adviser recommended that i replace the timing belt since ford recommends changing this at 5 years /120k km. He quoted a cost of 3.5k for belt and pulley and recommended to change all the belts and pulleys at one go for 8k rupees.Though i have not had any issue with the belts and there is no replacement interval mentioned on my manual,i politely declined to do it now and agreed to change it at the next service. They agreed without and hankering.

Posting the bill here, the ford service app gave me an estimate of 4566/- for the 6th year service but i did not get the brake fluid changed since it was done at the last service.

The guys at Caculo Ford did a good job and handed my car clean and shiny in the given allotted time even though they were understaffed due to Ganesh chaturthi vacation.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-6-year-servicce.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford-figo-6th-year-cost-calculated.jpg  

Old 20th September 2016, 22:21   #10405
BHPian

Guys, please suggest a good independent mechanic for ford in Pune. My brother's 2010 petrol figo needs to be looked upon. Recently he got it serviced at sai sakshi ford and they charged him 10k for regular 50000km service. They also suggested changing the clutch and other bits which were pointless. Post that service, several problems cropped up like jammed accelerator pedal, noise from suspension and drastic drop in mileage (5kmpl).

He has lost faith in authorized service outlets and wants to try a good mechanic outside.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 20th September 2016 at 22:23.
Old 21st September 2016, 12:35   #10406
BHPian

Guys,

What is the average FE for the Ist Gen Figo petrol? Tried combing through the forum but couldn't get a solid figure mentioned anywhere.

My friend is planning to buy a 2012 Model Figo Petrol and wanted to see how much FE he can expect.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Also, he mentioned that this is a low run (16K on the odo) and getting it for around 2.5L directly from the seller. Let me know if it make sense to pick up this car or should he look for other options if he is concerned about the FE and regular maintenance costs.

Thanks
R-Six
Old 21st September 2016, 12:50   #10407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Guys,

What is the average FE for the Ist Gen Figo petrol? Tried combing through the forum but couldn't get a solid figure mentioned anywhere.

My friend is planning to buy a 2012 Model Figo Petrol and wanted to see how much FE he can expect.

Also, he mentioned that this is a low run (16K on the odo) and getting it for around 2.5L directly from the seller. Let me know if it make sense to pick up this car or should he look for other options if he is concerned about the FE and regular maintenance costs.

Thanks
R-Six
Expect FE of about 11-12 in city and 15-16 on highway if driven sedately. I get about 12 on highway
Service costs are quite reasonable. On average bills have been around 4-5k for every service at 10k/12months interval.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:15   #10408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Expect FE of about 11-12 in city and 15-16 on highway if driven sedately
Thanks, Akshay! I was sceptical earlier since I did not have experience with any petrol steeds from ford.
Old 21st September 2016, 14:10   #10409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Guys,

Thanks
R-Six
I had a petrol Figo 2010-2016. Used to get fuel efficiency of 11-12kmpl in the city, and under sedate (80-100kmph) driving on the highway, have got around 17kmpl.

If the car has been run so little, please ask your friend to check for usage patterns. If the car has been used mainly for short runs (less than 3-4km each run), then bargain hard to lower the price, as short running reduces engine life.

2012 Petrol Figo at 2.5 lakhs direct from owner is a decent bargain, IMHO.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 14:15   #10410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
If the car has been run so little, please ask your friend to check for usage patterns. If the car has been used mainly for short runs (less than 3-4km each run), then bargain hard to lower the price, as short running reduces engine life.
Thanks, Buddy! Will ask him to check and bargain a little harder.

Even I thought 2.5 L for a 2012 Figo was a good deal. Hence wanted to double check with the folks here. I will advise him accordingly.

Cheers!

R-Six

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks