Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 21:11   #10381
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
What were the symptoms? AC in my Fiesta has given up too. Yet to get it checked. It started with continuous hissing sound which stopped after a while and now AC blows only warm air.
My Figo also just underwent an evaporator coil replacement. Total came to 9,300/-. The symptoms you mentioned, is mostly what I too faced.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 22:45   #10382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have a very funny problem with my Figo. The AC doesnt come on many times these days. It only blows warm air. But consistently if I hit a pothole, AC comes on just like that. Initially I thought it was just a coincidence. But now everytime the AC doesnt come on, I just have to hunt for a pothole/hump or some sharp edge on the road and viola! a waft of cool air comes in. I guess there is some loose connection somewhere and plan to get it tackled at at the 70k service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
What were the symptoms? AC in my Fiesta has given up too. Yet to get it checked. It started with continuous hissing sound which stopped after a while and now AC blows only warm air.
It all began 2 weeks back when I hit a pothole at a good speed and the AC just went off. After that it was just like before (see my earlier post from 2015, quoted above). I just have to find a pothole to hit, then there is a hissing sound and the AC comes to life again! But somehow progressively the cooling had decreased. Therefore the visit to service centre.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:02   #10383
BHPian

Waiting at lathangi Ford Bannerghatta from 7.30. Reason, I was given a set ice appointment at that time. It's not even opened yet. I had asked multiple times while booking, is it going to be open at 7.30. ::banghead:

Please be advised, do not take up this 7.30 appointment. There is one team bhp stickers car. It was brought here by one chap driving it as if going to some hospital emergency.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1470450654325.jpg  

aneeshtn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 11:41   #10384
BHPian

Just a follow up to the above message. I had called up Ford customer care and registered a complaint after being left there for more than half an hour. I was not expecting anything from it though. But, surprise, surprise!!
I got a call from Ford Chennai asking about my complaint. They asked me what happened and the details. By this time the service centre had opened, I was in overall a good mood. So asked them to drop the complaint. They were pleasantly surprised hearing me.

I liked the way they contacted me back. Nice work there Ford :thumbup:
aneeshtn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 00:04   #10385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I got this problem two months ago (5 Years old car and 58K ODO). Got stuck in 1st Gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
How many on this forum had the gear bush issue ? , I had the issue at ~86K ...it was stuck in 2nd gear and I was at bellandur flyover... it was a nightmare to get to safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think you are referring to the gear cable bush. It is just like a finger ring and can be located inside the black box at the left bottom (black box is easily visible if you look from the bottom). Posting a photo of the cable for your reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Got if fixed today. The road assistant team service person from MPL person guided me on how to fix this temporarily. Then took the car to MPL Ford pallikaranai and the bush is changed. Total cost is Rs.720/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I faced the same problem last year when I was coming to Chennai from my native. Took the help of Rajshree Ford helpline and tied the gear cable with the shift lever by a plastic rope. I drove till Trichy and replaced the same for 500/- at Rockcity Ford.
Hello guys, during last visit my SA mentioned that gear bush might need to be replaced. I gave a skip that time but since then I started noticing that the gear lever feels spongy. How long does it take to replace the gear cable bush? I mean I wouldn't want to leave the car for whole day, now that I just got the car 2 weeks back after some accidental repairs.
Old 7th August 2016, 13:07   #10386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Waiting at lathangi Ford Bannerghatta from 7.30. Reason, I was given a set ice appointment at that time. It's not even opened yet. I had asked multiple times while booking, is it going to be open at 7.30. ::banghead:

Please be advised, do not take up this 7.30 appointment. There is one team bhp stickers car. It was brought here by one chap driving it as if going to some hospital emergency.
Last time, I booked an appointment for 8:30. I was there on time and there was only one SA but few other people like me were there to drop the car. Other SAs came and cleared the queue by 9:15 or so. Was not a very good experience. However thats how Ford Service Centre experience is always. It takes anywhere between 30 mins to 1 hr to drop the car with prior confirmed appointment.
Old 7th August 2016, 13:33   #10387
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I gave a skip that time but since then I started noticing that the gear lever feels spongy. How long does it take to replace the gear cable bush? .
It will take 15 min max and not advisable to drive without fixing it.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 16:09   #10388
BHPian

Want to share my experience on a recent trip to Goa which I did in my Figo.

I own Figo TDCi. Touch-wood, she has covered 63000 kms so far without any issue!
I wanted to change stock RHS headlight bulb as it went kaput. I thought instead of changing the bulb, why not upgrade the headlight as Figo's stock lamps are poor (60/55 Watts).
So, I went to Jimron sales corp at Panjim. Bought two 100/90 Watts Phillips bulbs with relay circuit. Total cost was Rs 1400.

After his mechanic fixed the bulbs and circuit, I inserted keys in the ignition, all check lamps came to life and engine immobilizer lamp started flashing on console! I was unable to crank the engine. Power windows were not functioning. 'Enter Key Code' message displayed on the ICE unit.
In short, due to removal of battery connections to fix relay circuit, security system was activated, disabling everything. Remote locking, headlights, horn were functioning. But nothing else.
I could make out mechanic was clueless about how to fix this as he was trying things like, locking and unlocking multiple times, closing doors etc. They were saying they have fixed this circuit multiple times on many cars but not faced this issue. Though not clear whether they have worked on any Ford car earlier.

I was not having car manual in the car on which, this key code is written.

Someone else was called but no use. He could not figure out the issue. So I called up Ford 24x7. After waiting for 15-20 mins, I was attended and was told someone from road assistance team will be sent for my help. Irrespective of he fixes the issue or not, Rs 800 will be charged to me. And further I may need to tow my car to the nearest Ford dealer. I was tensed as we were stranded for indefinite time. First time I took my Figo to non-A.S.S. and this mess happened.

I also called Talera Ford's 24x7 number. I was answered without delay as its a mobile number. I explained the issue and asked him if I don't have user manual what can be done. He told me the same code is located on a glove box.

Meanwhile, these folks had removed ICE to find out that code, had called some expert. They had entered wrong key code multiple times which resulted in system not allowing to punch the code for 30 mins.

And then the expert arrived. He asked one of them to do something with battery and whola! Car cranked and came to life!
While the ICE displaying 'Wait for 30 Mins' message.

All were clueless what exactly he did and I was really thankful to him. He did not reveal what he did to those mechanic and other folks! Just said "Main 15 saal se jhak nahi mar raha!" (I am not fooling around for 15 years!)

Well, I received a call from road side assistance guy and he told me the same thing. After 30 mins wait, I entered the security code on glove-box and the error message stopped. We were able to use ICE.

Lessons learnt:
  1. Always carry car's manual
  2. Avoid unknown road side shops for upgrade at least when you are on a trip
  3. Instead of Ford's 24x7 number, try your dealer's helpline number and seek help. It could be quicker.
StepUP! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:06   #10389
BHPian

Guys, I need some info.

I was out of the country for a month and returned yesterday. My key does not unlock the car, tried with the manual opening and it is not opening. Not sure which battery is dead - the key or the car battery!

How do i get to open the car? Any inputs?
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:51   #10390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post

Please be advised, do not take up this 7.30 appointment.
The exact same thing had happened to me during my Fiesta's second service. Called up Lathangi Ford to fix an appointment, the lady asked me what time I want to drop my car, I requested for the earliest possible time. 7:30am it was. Next day I reach the SC only to find the shutters! Waited for an hour and fifteen minutes before the SA turned up! The SA told me that the shift starts at 8:30am! I complained about this during the feedback call after the service and now I take an appointment post 8:30am.

Guys, if Lathangi Ford gives you an appointment at 7:30am, please go there post 8:30am only!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:04   #10391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Guys, I need some info.

I was out of the country for a month and returned yesterday. My key does not unlock the car, tried with the manual opening and it is not opening. Not sure which battery is dead - the key or the car battery!

How do i get to open the car? Any inputs?
I have faced the "Key fob not working" problem when I went abroad and came back after 2 months. However, putting the key in the key hole in the driver side door and turning it worked just fine. Whats more, the car started in 1st crank.

What exactly happens when you put the key in the key hole in the driver-side door and turn it? Is it jammed?
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:07   #10392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I have faced the "Key fob not working" problem when I went abroad and came back after 2 months. However, putting the key in the key hole in the driver side door and turning it worked just fine. Whats more, the car started in 1st crank.

What exactly happens when you put the key in the key hole in the driver-side door and turn it? Is it jammed?
Yes looks like it is jammed, the lock does not open. I will try it with the spare key, hopefully since it has not been used it may click open. Post that I can know if it will start in the 1st crank :-)
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:44   #10393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Can someone share whereabouts of a FNG shop in Pune where I can service her henceforth? Experience in servicing Ford cars is preferred.
Sure! If you stay in PCMC area, you can visit the following FNG:

M/s Ramkumar Auto Engg.,
Tata Motors-Bhosari Road, Yeshwantnagar, After Indian Oil Pump Signal,
Plot No. 58, F2 Block, MIDC Pimpri, Pune-18.

For other details, you can drop me a PM.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:19   #10394
BHPian

Tried with the spare key and voila it opened. The car started in the 1st crank and the feeling was "wow". Have to get the key battery replaced, have to begin the hunt now.
Old 28th August 2016, 16:16   #10395
BHPian

hey guys,

My Figo 1.2 is due for its 6th service next Saturday and there is nothing to complain about except for a single issue.

After 6 years and 50k km of running the only problem i have today is with the driver side door lock. Since mine is the base lxi version without central/remote locking, due to constant use, manual turning of the key to lock/unlock is very hard. The smooth action has deteriorated to a level that one has to apply force to turn the key.

Now i want to know whether this door lock can be repaired or has to be fully replaced? If replace,would i need new keys and subsequent cost of replacement of all the other key hole, including ignition ?

Other than this nothing else to report, AC chills well, suspension is fine, everything on the car is stock and touchwood
Our similar vintage alto k10 gives more issues than the figo, both are driven by the same driver,my mom.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks