Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2016, 17:34   #10366
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post

But....the bitter part is that the service advisor told & shown me that, the engine timing belt, the engine C-Mount, and the tie-rods are for replacement during 80K service. He pegged the bill at ~Rs.25K

Did any of you had to replace the Engine C-mount & Tie rods so soon?
As per service book matric engine timing belt and regulator coolant had 100K replacement dates. Ask for warranty?
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 10:54   #10367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks

I gave my Figo for its 50 K service today. The SA called me just now and said the gear box mounting bush and AC filter need replacement. Per him, there are vibrations on account of the gear box mounting bush, but frankly I''ve not felt any, nor has my son.

I need inputs from you guys on this point.
I spoke to the SA of Vibrant Ford again in the evening. He said there would be no harm if that part was not changed till the next service. But he said there could be vibrations in the car, which we have not felt so far, except on startup and shut down, which is a typical diesel trait. I plan to do it soon as I notice unusual vibrations.

The total bill for 50 K service came to Rs 4822, which is quite pocket-friendly. I normally spend around 6 to 7 K on my WagonR's annual service.

The overall service experience at Vibrant Ford, Sanat Nagar was very positive.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 21:01   #10368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I spoke to the SA of Vibrant Ford again in the evening. He said there would be no harm if that part was not changed till the next service. But he said there could be vibrations in the car, which we have not felt so far, except on startup and shut down, which is a typical diesel trait. I plan to do it soon as I notice unusual vibrations.

The total bill for 50 K service came to Rs 4822, which is quite pocket-friendly. I normally spend around 6 to 7 K on my WagonR's annual service.

The overall service experience at Vibrant Ford, Sanat Nagar was very positive.
50k and a bill of 4822 is very reasonable. I've been unecessarily dong proactive work on my 2011 figo tdci, and after 5 years and only 40kms the Ford guys told me that the time for a timing belt was either 5 yrs or 1.2 lacs. I didnt take the risk and went ahead and spent the ~15000 on that. Either way - hoping that the parts for this car will be available for at least 3 years since i dont plan to sell.

My only grouse with my car is that even after being remapped - my top end (cross 110kmpgh with ac) is not much fun...I usually would like to seamlessly go up to 100 on highways and stay ther.

ANy ideas if EGR valve cleanup helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post
Hi BHP'ians,

This is my first post in Team-BHP. I'm not sure if this is the thread I have to post this query. Mods, please suggest / advise on this.

======
- Ananth
Hearing the cost of injectors ive recetnyl started using STP injector cleaner on my figo 2011 TDCI. Not sure if this really help since I havent seen any huge change. somebody recommended that i use it twice in succession bacl to back since it hasnt been done earlier. From thereon do this every 2000kms.

ANy comments from the group

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2016 at 09:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 8th July 2016, 09:40   #10369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
Hearing the cost of injectors ive recetnyl started using STP injector cleaner on my figo 2011 TDCI. Not sure if this really help since I havent seen any huge change. somebody recommended that i use it twice in succession bacl to back since it hasnt been done earlier. From thereon do this every 2000kms.

Not sure if your sales/service advisor(s) told you, but Ford had recommended the use of Iftex System-D fuel additive for the diesel Figo and Fiesta - both of which have the same 1.4 TDCi engine.
Old 8th July 2016, 10:03   #10370
BHPian

Thanks kilo. Unfortunately no . Is iftez available commonly .. Havant looked up online sites as yet . Any feedback on Stp ?
Old 19th July 2016, 20:14   #10371
BHPian

During my 50K service, I was told by the SA to have my tyres changed - he said they had become hard. I haven't had any issues with my stock MRF ZV2Ks. They've held up fine since I bought the car in Nov 2012. I have deferred it for now but I need to know which tyres are good in terms of longevity. I'm looking at the stock size 175/65R14 options. Also, what would be a rough figure for getting all the 4 tyres replaced factoring in the replacement discount? Finally, any tyre shop recommendations in Baner, Pune?
Old 20th July 2016, 11:43   #10372

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
During my 50K service, I was told by the SA to have my tyres changed - he said they had become hard. I haven't had any issues with my stock MRF ZV2Ks. They've held up fine since I bought the car in Nov 2012. I have deferred it for now but I need to know which tyres are good in terms of longevity. I'm looking at the stock size 175/65R14 options. Also, what would be a rough figure for getting all the 4 tyres replaced factoring in the replacement discount? Finally, any tyre shop recommendations in Baner, Pune?
I have changed my tyres to Yokohama Earth1 (stock size) an year ago. My car came with goodyear tyres. Changing from GoodYear to Yoko's, made the steering lighter (to some extent) and tyre noise had reduced significantly. Overall I spent Rs. 18600 for 4 tyres + wheel alignment + Balancing.

- Ananth
pananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 14:57   #10373
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
MPL is going to be taken over by TVS after which after the service standards are expected to heighten up, at least till the internal transition excitement lasts
Good to see a renowned name like TVS is taking over. Hope and wish the standard and service experience will be higher.

I have done the 60K service in Chennai Ford last week. Only usual engine oil, filter etc are changed the cost is ~ 5.5k. I have asked SA to specifically check about the belt conditions and he said it doesn't need replacement now. Hope they checked it well and it will do well till next service check up.
Old 25th July 2016, 17:07   #10374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
How many on this forum had the gear bush issue ? , I had the issue at ~86K ...it was stuck in 2nd gear and I was at bellandur flyover... it was a nightmare to get to safety.
I got this problem two months ago (5 Years old car and 58K ODO). Got stuck in 1st Gear. Drove around 6 KM in 1st gear to reach home. Then called the MPL service and a person gave me instruction on how to do the temporary fix. After that took the car to service station and Rs.700 for getting the bush changed.
Old 26th July 2016, 07:44   #10375
BHPian

This gear Bush thing is stupid issue which makes the car/Ford unreliable. Looks like almost every owner is facing as there is no checks done during service and people getting stranded. Wondering what will happen if this happens when you are driving down hill on a higher gear say 3rd and you are not able to down it to 2nd.
Old 28th July 2016, 10:56   #10376
BHPian

Guys, Is it possible to remove the headlight alignment motor from the car? The whistling sound which I had reported earlier has now escalated and it is becoming unbearable to live with. I am looking at options to remove it separately rather than changing the complete headlight assembly.
Old 28th July 2016, 11:54   #10377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
My only grouse with my car is that even after being remapped - my top end (cross 110kmpgh with ac) is not much fun...I usually would like to seamlessly go up to 100 on highways and stay ther.
I am surprised that your car is not comfortable post 100 after the remap, on the highway I am able to comfortable maintain 150 with enough juice left over to accelerate in fifth gear.
Old 28th July 2016, 11:58   #10378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I am surprised that your car is not comfortable post 100 after the remap, on the highway I am able to comfortable maintain 150 with enough juice left over to accelerate in fifth gear.
After gettng the EGR cleaned- the throttle response is a lot better. I think now it should go up to 130 easy - My perspective and expectations are obviously skewed since my last to last car was a RS (..wish I hadnt sold but was a costly car to live with ). I typically dont drive at high speeds - my typical pattern would be keep to try and maintain an average speed of 80 . that's mostly going to 100 and staying ther. With high speeds ... the risks are high, and our road conditions just dont allow that.
vankito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 16:08   #10379
BHPian

My AC gave up. There was a leak in the evaporator. Had to be changed. Including labour, the total cost came to 8775/-
Old 1st August 2016, 17:32   #10380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
My AC gave up. There was a leak in the evaporator. Had to be changed. Including labour, the total cost came to 8775/-
What were the symptoms? AC in my Fiesta has given up too. Yet to get it checked. It started with continuous hissing sound which stopped after a while and now AC blows only warm air.

Most Viewed