Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:28   #10306
anb
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Has anybody experienced a whistling sound from headlights when they are switched on?

I have been facing this issue for the last couple of weeks. When I switch on the headlights, a whistling sound is heard which disappears after turning off and on the headlight.
It might the headlight alignment motor. Is the headlight alignment correct or is it at the lowest position even if you adjust?
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:41   #10307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
It might the headlight alignment motor. Is the headlight alignment correct or is it at the lowest position even if you adjust?
I never thought of that. Come to think of it, the sound comes from the right headlight. The one that is not set correctly.

An year back, I hit a dog in a highway at speeds around 100 and it damaged the alignment motor. It is set now with some screws and zip ties. But the incident happened over an year ago and the sound has started to appear only recently. Anyways the car is due for its 90k service in a month or so. I will check with the A.S.S then. Thanks for the help..
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:22   #10308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Has anybody experienced a whistling sound from headlights when they are switched on?

I have been facing this issue for the last couple of weeks. When I switch on the headlights, a whistling sound is heard which disappears after turning off and on the headlight.
Very unusual! Do get it checked up at FASS.

In the meanwhile, avoid switching the headlights on near Women's hostels or colleges!
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 22:08   #10309
Senior - BHPian

Recently I did a 750 km ride with petrol Titanium Figo. My friend was moving to Pune, so the car was jam packed. Earlier I've driven his figo, and always loved the steering feel, but not this long. I was amazed with the mileage ! It gave around 15-16 kmpl, fully loaded and doing 100-110 most pf the time. The best part was the roar, everytime I revved brought a huge grin on my face. Its one heck of a sweet sounding motor.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 10:30   #10310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Recently I did a 750 km ride with petrol Titanium Figo. My friend was moving to Pune, so the car was jam packed. Earlier I've driven his figo, and always loved the steering feel, but not this long. I was amazed with the mileage ! It gave around 15-16 kmpl, fully loaded and doing 100-110 most pf the time. The best part was the roar, everytime I revved brought a huge grin on my face. Its one heck of a sweet sounding motor.
The petrol is a sedate and lazy cruiser on the highway. Keep at 100kmh and it feels right at home and gives good fuel efficiency as well .
The annoying part begins when you need more speed and everything goes downhill.
It takes its time, with AC ,full load and a gradient, its even more time. Closing gaps in minimal time happens only in the mind and does not translate in reality.

But, the positive bit which makes the car different and still makes someone to use it again for the next trip is the stability and the flat cornering and the fact that almost same speeds on a straight can be kept on the corner as well.

Last edited by tharian : 4th May 2016 at 10:32.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 15:54   #10311
BHPian

My Figo 1.4D will be completing 4 years this September and will be out of warranty. When I bought the extended warranty way back in 2014, Ford was not offering additional 3years on top of standard 2 years. However recently when I was in Lathangi Ford for service, I saw a pamphlet mentioning about 5 year warranty and SA mentioned that you need to buy it as part of 3 year extended package and you can`t buy 5th year as separate. So I wanted to know if anybody had purchased if so do share the cost involved.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 9th May 2016 at 15:56.
Old 9th May 2016, 16:04   #10312
BHPian

Sigh!

My 5 year old Figo's AC conked off last week. I was able to hear a hissing sound when the AC was switched ON since about 7-8 months, but I was told it is nothing serious. I visited the ASS on Sat - he suspects the evaporator coil to be the culprit for loss of gas. Its going to cost Rs 11k for replacing the entire thing. This is the first time that I am spending this kind of money on the maintenance of this car. Otherwise I have got the car serviced every year, and it has been a fill-it and shut-it type of vehicle.

Now the SA also said that they are going to remove the dashboard to reach to the coil. So far the car has fared well for its age and had no rattles. I am afraid that it is not going to be as silent after fitting the dashboard back.
Old 10th May 2016, 08:36   #10313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Sigh!

My 5 year old Figo's AC conked off last week. I was able to hear a hissing sound when the AC was switched ON since about 7-8 months, but I was told it is nothing serious. I visited the ASS on Sat - he suspects the evaporator coil to be the culprit for loss of gas. Its going to cost Rs 11k for replacing the entire thing.
Even my figo has exactly the same issue of hissing sound every single time the compressor kicks in. It's been so for quite a long time.

Sad that your compressor has conked off, but do you know of any remedy to prevent the same. Recently I took my car to the ASS and the SA advised me to get the A.C gas topped up but I was not convinced and hence decided against it. Any pointers.
Old 10th May 2016, 14:00   #10314
Senior - BHPian

Need help guys. Today, while driving my cars clutch suddenly went limp. I parked the vehicle on the side and checked the engine bay. Looks like the clutch oil is leaking. There was a big pool developed below the engine bay. So could it be because of pipe rupture or any part failure? I'll be towing the vehicle to the service center. Any one had similar experience?
Old 10th May 2016, 20:53   #10315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Need help guys. Today, while driving my cars clutch suddenly went limp. I parked the vehicle on the side and checked the engine bay. Looks like the clutch oil is leaking. There was a big pool developed below the engine bay. So could it be because of pipe rupture or any part failure? I'll be towing the vehicle to the service center. Any one had similar experience?
The clutch slave cylinder might be leaking. Can you tell me the exact spot from where it is leaking?
Old 10th May 2016, 21:12   #10316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Sigh!

My 5 year old Figo's AC conked off last week. I was able to hear a hissing sound when the AC was switched ON since about 7-8 months, but I was told it is nothing serious. I visited the ASS on Sat - he suspects the evaporator coil to be the culprit for loss of gas. Its going to cost Rs 11k for replacing the entire thing. This is the first time that I am spending this kind of money on the maintenance of this car. Otherwise I have got the car serviced every year, and it has been a fill-it and shut-it type of vehicle.

Now the SA also said that they are going to remove the dashboard to reach to the coil. So far the car has fared well for its age and had no rattles. I am afraid that it is not going to be as silent after fitting the dashboard back.
Did he do a leak test on the system with Nitrogen - A pressure test will let you know if there is really an issue. Hope it was done before the replacement was suggested.
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 21:21   #10317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
The clutch slave cylinder might be leaking. Can you tell me the exact spot from where it is leaking?
From top I could only make out that one of the pipes is leaking. The initial assessment of SA too is a pipe needs to be replaced. I will get more details tomorrow once they start the work on the car.
Old 11th May 2016, 11:45   #10318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Did he do a leak test on the system with Nitrogen - A pressure test will let you know if there is really an issue. Hope it was done before the replacement was suggested.
I also had this doubt. I didn't know if he can do a pressure test. I suggested him to just fill in the gas. If it leaks again then at the max I lose the money I spent on filling the gas.

But before doing anything, the technician actually removed the glove box and the AC filter. Then using a torch he checked the coil and said that the leakage/holes are quite big and the gas would surely not stay for more than 1 hr. His theory is that dust + water from the coil stays on the coil for long hours and that leads to corrosion. Hence the holes.
Old 12th May 2016, 09:56   #10319
BHPian

i had this same problem of hissing noise and gradual reduction in cooling a couple of years ago in my 2010 Diesel titanium. At that time it had done only close to 50K as it is my second car. FASS had no clue even after doing some initial debugging but it was me () who had hinted them to look at the evaporator coil for leakage, since i had read about figo evaporator coil issues on team bhp and few other forums as well. So the SA called up after a while and said they found the evaporator coil to be the issue and it had to be replaced. I told him i can't pay for it, since the part seems to be of low quality and there were quite a few people on different forums complaining about it. he said he had to talk to Ford India and after a while called back and told me Ford India agreed to replace it free of cost, but then i had to pay for the labour, which was itself quite huge, but i exactly dont remember the cost.
This year again, since last 2 or 3 months, i'm hearing that hissing noise once in a while, especially during the hottest times of the day, like 11 am to 3 pm and mostly when the car is idling. When i took it to the FASS again, and told them that the coil was changed last year and i'm facing similar symptoms again, without hesitating, the SA said its gone again and you have to change. And the biggest comedy (or tragedy i must say) is that the guy says you dont seem to drive much, thats why the evaporator coil gave away. what crap!!!
Then i decided to take it to a private garage (Ignite on ECR) and he told me that it wasn't the evaporator coil, but rather the AC gas has leaked a bit and its due to the vaccuum its causing that hissing sound. he admitted that there would be leaks but very minimal and his rational was that the AC units which work under high pressure, there are bound to be leaks at the car ages, and we just have to top up AC gas once in a year.
He's topped up AC gas and compressor oil and i'll have to see if the problem resurfaces. but i strongly feel that FASS is ripping off its customers once the car is out of warranty and we need to be doubly sure before we accept their word.
Old 12th May 2016, 18:31   #10320
BHPian

I am living with this "hissing" problem for years ! Pressure test was done at Ford service once, they couldn't find anything wrong. I haven't done anything about it and it keeps coming once in a while. AC cooling is not impacted so far, so I just left it as it is. My car is 6+ years old now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks