Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 23:02   #10261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
My dad's friend sold his 2012 Figo after clocking 190k kms for Rs.3lacs. Engine was still peppy as new. Clutch was also stock. Only front struts,link rods, brake pads, discs, filters, oils,tyres, timing belt, drive belt, one engine mount and radiator fan were replaced. Everything else was stock. Believe me-they use the car day and night, multiple drivers, from smooth expressways to non existent roads. He has booked the new figo.
Wow, Was this a petrol version or diesel version of the Figo ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 23:28   #10262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Obviously the diesel, 1.4tdci. 😊 This car ages beautifully and he would have used it for few more years but the the loan on the car was over there was an itch to replace the car.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 11:39   #10263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The petrol one would do it as well without an issue apart from the usual wear and tear part replacements.
One thing I have realized from owning a Ford is that, the more you take care of the car, which it asks for, the more better the car gets over time.

My petrol Figo has run 40k kms over 5 years and the engine gets smoother and more responsive every few thousand kms.

The only part replaced- front brake pads and one of the belts which was chewed by rats.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 20:33   #10264
BHPian

Hi, I am having a problem with my Ford Figo diesel. While coming from work in Bangalore b2b traffic, I was on first gear when this incident happened. My gear lever stopped working completely, its having a free vertical movement irrespective of whether the clutch pressed or not. I had no option other than drive for another km and reach home. All this time I was on first gear and I drove slowly.

I am totally worried as to what happened. What would be the reason for this? My Figo is a 2010 model and has run for almost 98k kms. Please help! Any suggestions are most welcome.
Old 15th January 2016, 10:10   #10265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Hi, I am having a problem with my Ford Figo diesel. While coming from work in Bangalore b2b traffic, I was on first gear when this incident happened. My gear lever stopped working completely, its having a free vertical movement irrespective of whether the clutch pressed or not. I had no option other than drive for another km and reach home. All this time I was on first gear and I drove slowly.

I am totally worried as to what happened. What would be the reason for this? My Figo is a 2010 model and has run for almost 98k kms. Please help! Any suggestions are most welcome.
Refer post 9216 in the link below;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...010-a-615.html

The gear shift bush has to be replaced.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 14:01   #10266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Thank you for your quick response. You were right. It was a worn out bush.
I knew someone from Lathangi ford, he came and replaced it. Charged me 500. Problem solved now.
aneeshtn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 16:04   #10267
BHPian

Like someone else mentioned already, why don't the service guys at ford check these during the regular service? After all they charge you a substantial amount in the name of general check up. I had completed a service some 2k kms back.

For me I was lucky enough that it happened very close to my home. What if this happens during a night drive in the middle of nowhere? For something which can be checked and verified with 1 minute job, you will end up with a scare. Hope they do it at least for vehicles after, say 70k or something like that.

If you have the part, you could change it yourself. It's located in a box beside the left front wheel. You do not need a ramp to do this, as it's reachable if the car is parked on a level surface. The box is connected using just couple of pins and it's made of plastic.
Old 20th January 2016, 18:19   #10268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Hi BHPians,

So I'm still very much new to driving. Yesterday, I tried to start my car from 5th gear instead of the usual first (seemed like a good idea at that time!). The car did move, but there was this burning smell and some smoke too believe. I drove home later that night and everything seemed normal, but should I be worried? And if I should, how bad do you think the damage will be?
Sorry SS8939 but your idea sounds hilarious in a dumb way . The burning smell and smoke would be from the clutch since the amount of power wheels need to move from standstill is not even remotely possible by 5th gear. So what you did is highly not recommended unless you want worn clutch pads.
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:31   #10269
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
Gave today for 60k servicing at Lathangi Ford (opposite to IIMB). The SE was hell bent for replacing the fuel sensor (I guess for detecting water content in diesel), however nothing mentioned in the service manual. I asked for DTC log , and every thing looks clean. Can any one tell is it necessary to replace it @60k ?
Old 25th January 2016, 20:20   #10270
BHPian

Key Fob Battery - Replacement

Hi Amigos,

Last week I had issues with my remote key of my 3+ years Figo. Even standing beside the car, nothing used to happen when I press lock/unlock. Only 'Long press' of buttons used to give the desired result.

I was doubting the battery in the key fob and called the Service Adviser. He politely asked me to visit any of the car decors, as Ford might charge more than '3 digits of rupees' for replacing the battery. I thanked him very much for his advise (also, it increased my confidence on him, as he was not trying to fleece money).

Now the search for CR2032 battery started. Computer Shops etc.., in my locality were selling CR2032 batteries for as low as Rs.20. That stared a scare in me for getting the original battery. I turned to Amazon, and there was a seller selling CR2032 batteries of Panasonic make for Rs135/- + shipping. By looking at the items he sold, I decide to take risk and was about to order one.

Before ordering I just want to be double sure that the battery was the right one for my key. I googled on how to open the Key Fob , checked out a YouTube video. I tried to open the key & to be honest I found it easier than untying Shoe lace. The battery was indeed CR2032. I checked the voltage,and it was 3.03 V. Found that the key had some dust and cleaned it and reassembled the key. Now the surprise comes, the remote was working as good as previously. Could Lock/unlock from far off distances as well.

Wanted to know when you folks have replaced the Key Fob battery & Any of you have faced issues with dust?
Old 25th January 2016, 23:01   #10271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Key Fob Battery - Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Hi Amigos,

Last week I had issues with my remote key of my 3+ years Figo. Even standing beside the car, nothing used to happen when I press lock/unlock. Only 'Long press' of buttons used to give the desired result.

Wanted to know when you folks have replaced the Key Fob battery & Any of you have faced issues with dust?
I have a 2010 Figo - my key fob is still running on the original battery. Works OK mostly, there are some odd days when it will start acting up. But a few days later, it will all be fine.
Old 8th February 2016, 22:03   #10272
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
I was on first gear when this incident happened. My gear lever stopped working completely, its having a free vertical movement irrespective of whether the clutch pressed or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I faced the same problem last year when I was coming to Chennai from my native. Took the help of Rajshree Ford helpline and tied the gear cable with the shift lever by a plastic rope. I drove till Trichy and replaced the same for 500/- at Rockcity Ford.
After reaching Chennai, I wrote an email to Ford India to inspect this gear cable bush as part of preventive maintenance during service intervals. Hope they have included. This rubber bush is inside the black box under the left head light.

Period.

For servicing of OEM audio of Ford, Volkswagen etc, please visit Mount electronics located at Big street, Triplicane. All Ford ASC's send the audio here. One can directly approach and give for servicing especially after the warranty period.

1.4 Tdci is one of the best motor and is a real workhorse if serviced at regular intervals.

Last edited by RGK : 8th February 2016 at 22:07.
Old 8th February 2016, 22:26   #10273
Senior - BHPian

My March 2007 Fiesta still runs on the original key fob battery. My Figo's is 3.4 years old and still going strong. So i guess the OEM battery is really good.

As regards gear cable bush, Vibrant Ford invariably elevates all Figos on their hydraulic ramp and meticulously inspects it even during free service campaigns. I've been a witness to two such occasions.

Last edited by vnabhi : 8th February 2016 at 22:29.
Old 13th February 2016, 15:36   #10274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I own a 2010 1.4 TDCI figo from the initial batches and it has run 41000km till date and all the services have been carried pro actively. I have been noticing a hissing sound from the the serpentine belt area near the power steering pump since 2-3 months. It starts few seconds after starting up the engine and sometime it vanishes after the has warmed up or it continues to make hissing sound at a much lower level.

Today I inspected the belt; only to find that it has started shredding - cracking and has become rock hard. I located the shredded part and cut it, but the hissing sound continues.

I know the belt has to be replaced. But isn't it too early? Does it require simple belt replacement or any other part associated with it like idler pulley and tensioner (read it on somewhere in the forum)? I feel that apart from the belt there is a sound of a kaput bearing somewhere which is making the noise. The nearest FASS is 100 kms away. Could the car be driven till there? Also, does anyone have idea about the approximate cost of the belt and other related parts/service?

Attachment 1420005

Attachment 1420006

Attachment 1420007
Quoting my own post for reference. Life was quite hectic after I posted the cracking of the drive belt and I was not able to attend this issue and take the car to service centre. Just before Diwali, while my father was driving the car, the engine stopped and somehow he was able to park it beside the road. He tried to start the car several times but it didn't. There was fuel and the battery was almost new. He called me and I went with heavy heart just to see that the belt was 50-60% disintegrated and threads were dangling here and there. But it was in its place and it rotated when the engine cranked.

It was already 1 PM, Called up the service centre in Ranchi (120kms) talked to the service head who suggested to push start, but it didn't start. He promised to call back and discuss with the mechanic as it was lunch time. In the meanwhile called the ford road assistance and they said our car was no longer in their service list and all they can do is to give number of service centres. Called Royal Sundaram Road assistance and they connected to a towing agency which quoted 4900/- for their services till Ranchi. In the meanwhile my father brought a local mechanic who pumped the diesel, removed and refitted fuel pipes checked here and there but was clueless and went back!

It was now 3PM and I called the service centre again. After I explained the issue, The mechanic was almost sure that the shredded belt threads might have dislodged the crank sensor which is located just beside the lower pulley behind the black cover in the front right wheel well. He asked to get hold a local mechanic and check if this had happened.

I thought I can do this myself and quickly jacked up the car, removed the front right wheel and I notice bits of blue plastic and black tape on the lower arm. I was now sure of the issue and somewhat relieved. Further I could see a plug dangling with belt threads around it just where the mechanic told. I brought a knife and cut all the dangling threads, put the blue cap on the plug and inserted it back into its place with some effort, as it was not easily accessible due to the cover. The plug had lost its locking clips but even then it was firm enough.

Started the car with beating heart and viola! It starts within seconds just as nothing happened. Drove slowly to home and reached at 5 pm.

Called the service centre and they assured that the belt would not snap If I drive slowly and bring to Ranchi and even if it does, the power steering would not work and I would be able to drive slow and bring the car. Somehow I was confident and drove next day 120 kms to the service centre without any problem and reached at around 12.30. They said that the Idler pulley and tension pulley would also need a change along with the belt and everything would cost around 7000/-. Work was completed in an hour post the lunch and the head mechanic showed me the impressions on one of the pulley and said it causes the belt to deteriorate fast and also there was noise in one of the pulleys bearing. He checked the sensor plug and said I had done the right thing and it won't snap now. I let it be as I had no more time left to scout for a new plug. I guess It won't be available easily off the shelf.

Also got couple of wheel lugs which were broken and 6 wheel nuts replaced. Final bill came at Rs. 7050/- In which 850/- was labour charge and rest all parts and taxes. This was done in November and The car is doing fine till date.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20160213_14_20_11_pro.jpg

You can see fine impressions on the left pulley.

I would suggest people to check their drive belts if they hear some sound, see cracks or their car is 40-5000 kms run or 4-5 year old. The Loose threads on the belt can snap up the crank sensor plug as its located too close. And even if it does, you can refit if the plug is intact.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 13th February 2016 at 16:01. Reason: adding information
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 14:14   #10275

Hi BHP'ians,

This is my first post in Team-BHP. I'm not sure if this is the thread I have to post this query. Mods, please suggest / advise on this.

I own a Ford Figo 2010 TDCI ZXI, clocked 47000 kms in the last 5.5 years. Last week, the car suddenly stopped on my way to my native and did not fire up again (for about 10 minutes). After that whenever it started (and left in idle condition), after a minute or so, the rpm falls down and engine switches off and again the car would not start..I tired to rev it high to prevent it from switching off and observed that the power is very low (max speed of 100km/hr even after full throttle) and diesel consumption was very low (Have a doubt whether diesel was injected in all the cylinders).

Checked with FASS and they inspected and suggested to change 3 Diesel injectors.Each injector costs about Rs. 17K. I then took it to my personal mechanic to find out the reason (he is currently working on it). After 2 days of observation and analysis, he says that the injectors and the sensors/wiring are alright. He thinks that there may be issues with the ECM.

Anybody had similar issues? or any suggestions from senior members?

Thank You.

- Ananth

Most Viewed